United States. Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 3 0 obj << Find materials for this course in the pages linked along the left. Scienti c calculators are allowed. I sometimes solve and post a solution/proof of an exam (midterm, final, qualifying, entrance, etc.) This is one of over 2,200 courses on OCW. This book is directed more at the former audience xk+1 xk 1 Create the matrix A to give = A and find the limit of Ak as k . Modify, remix, and reuse (just remember to cite OCW as the source. Linear algebra is one of the most applicable areas of mathematics. So Linear Algebra studies these linear spaces and the maps between them that are compatible with the linear structure: linear maps. We don't offer credit or certification for using OCW. It is used by the pure mathematician and by the mathematically trained scien-tists of all disciplines. I agree. This is one of over 2,200 courses on OCW. MA 242 – Linear Algebra Final Exam Name: Instructions: For each question, to receive full credit you must show all work. Linear Algebra Igor Yanovsky, 2005 2 Disclaimer: This handbook is intended to assist graduate students with qualifying examination preparation. ⎤ 1/3 ⎥ The eigenvector with = 1 is . (8 pts) No. (X`-Q��7�C�~�Y�����Qb��6��KA���V�p�F�������Ds���W���wk��l����O���)ǖ�pUe��ב� %L%��|uw��Yᇽ�';b���͊E�Xĸ"Ʀ��8�D���a���v+�^Q"��\S¬��+�R��j�ջ��,�В��^gbR��D�S)+ ��E�&;�?��S�m�\���|pf��~Ne��>�_NuS����5�+O���"�F�9L�_�2.1a6��l��&>����k�j0����:�L�M�;�\.�[�����)� k�=�/0���[�v�.�����������~Zߣ>�����e �>JZc#=9��@�B�� �s���A���-�qv���p!��7�q���u���.�"�*x����S�C����ځU���i�Z��r�k����C=�x4����N� �~�m�'L2'qU�ͶȜj��E"�"7 �,~8O�o�?��|R���Ln3/L�gM���ly�tW�6F��M9��&���N�)���_�=7�����l�V���'�'{�䐜Np�/����Pa�F���(����P%��v��J�Nִ7.[��ᱧ����������2ޡ�����y����? Don't show me this again. Send to friends and colleagues. Made for sharing. Write down [T]B, the matrix of T with respect to B. Stu- dents are encouraged to nd books, papers, and web sites whose writing style they nd congenial, whose emphasis matches their interests, and whose price ts their budgets. (possibly because of this exam). Please be aware, however, that the handbook might contain, and almost certainly contains, typos as well as incorrect or inaccurate solutions. » this exam for practice, you may as well nd all three. Students are free to choose their own sources of information. Linear Algebra: 18.06 Ma y 18, 1998 9:00{12:00 Professor Strang Y our name is: Please circle y our recitation: 1) M2 2-132 M. Nevins 2-588 3-4110 monica@math 2) M3 2-131 A. V orono v 2-246 3-3299 v@math 3) T10 2-132 A. Edelman 2-380 3-7770 edelman@math 4) T12 2-132 A. Edelman 2-380 3-7770 edelman@math 5) T12 2-131 Z. Spaso jevic 2-101 3-4470 zoran@math 6) T1 2-131 Z. Spaso jevic 2 … Use OCW to guide your own life-long learning, or to teach others. The best five questions will count. {�>�]���JC�����*�c���N��[)�V׵�{�l�-�]rEsWX?�iE|����H���x��D�?\�9.єG"�DAa�Y�P�B�Z�|c�Rb� b�N��U�� Mathematics Linear Algebra 1 Exam 1 6/12/3 Name: Signature: Show your work. Here is the list of the universities where I borrowed problems and post solutions. Your use of the MIT OpenCourseWare site and materials is subject to our Creative Commons License and other terms of use. orF simplicity of notation, let ~a 1:= (1;1;0) ... you can just do the usual linear-algebra calculation. And for those more interested in applications both Elementary Linear Algebra: Applications Version [1] by Howard Anton and Chris Rorres and Linear Algebra and its Applications [10] by Gilbert Strang are loaded with applications. Twenty points per question. I can x��YM��6��W�7�X~S�-��A�6�/E��b��be++i� ��;C�ˆ)� problem given at various universities. Simplify your answers. Knowledge is your reward. 3P;�B�D+0N�����9�D� =�R�0��� #f���̖�n�M�8i��S!�\2d��B�0ɭ�˜S+��m�Gn1���^��x�rz����xa�[�=�����9�-�������4�O�B��V��b�)n}Yqc�}[����Y�KJ��N/�€�/Lq�0�I���Έ��z��0 -�S�z/����0����/\n�M�)�X��!/���In�F܂^��������,6�eaͤ����z/HK����#n. Linear Algebra - Exam 1 Solutions 1. Linear Algebra Exams. Math 313 (Linear Algebra) Exam 2 - Practice Exam Instructions: For questions which require a written answer, show all your work. However, it is exactly this level of abstraction that makes Linear Algebra an extremely useful tool.