), 7 of the Best Situational Interview Questions. Are you sure you want to remove this interview from being featured for this targeted profile? Interview Application, AptitudeTest ,Five Year Appreticeship, On The Job Training and Journeyman Test.Installation, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical equipment and its components. Please describe the problem with this {0} and we will look into it. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? I've been to the website and have been reading through this forum for the past couple of weeks. Welding using SMAW and GMAW processes and cutting metals usingoxyacetylene and or other equipment. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job that’s right for you. Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone. Can be physically challenging as you get older. I interviewed at Steamfitters of UA Local 420. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Steamfitters of UA Local 420 is right for you. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. I worked at Steamfitters of UA Local 420 for more than 5 years. The pass threshold in most locales is 75%. Fabrication andinstallation of tubing and piping systems, including fittings of various materials. I am planning on applying to the local 420 (Philadelphia) this coming week and was wondering if there are any other members here that could offer any advice or tips on what to expect. Please describe the problem with this {0} and we will look into it. Rigging, calculate loads andsize equipment required to lift it. Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? Are you sure you want to replace it? Hands on experience. Paid training, great health benefits, yearly raises, retirement plans, pension, and great pay. You can then get another job or start your own business. I interviewed at Steamfitters of UA Local 420 (United States) Interview Application, AptitudeTest ,Five Year Appreticeship, On The Job Training and Journeyman Test.Installation, troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical equipment and its components. Would you like us to review something? Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews. rigourous weeding out of canindates in first year. Great hours, great benefits, pension and annuity plans. Typical Pipefitter test topics found on both exams are math, English skills, and science.However, the pipefitter test used by local unions in the U.S. is entirely different from those administered to apprenticeship applicants in Canada. Telephone Number 212-815-1030. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Assisted inimplementation of installation, operations, repair and maintenance . 5 year commitment for training, indentured to the union for free training, no seconded chances if you mess up your out. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. Accuratelyread and interpret blueprints and repair manuals to identify mechanical problems and fix them. We Work As Beauticians, Bio-Medical Equipment Technicians, Central Supply Assistants, Respiratory Therapy Technicians, Dietary Aides, Elevator Operators, Housekeeping Aides, Laundry Workers, Medicine Surgery Technicians, Mortuary Technicians, Nurses Aides, Psych/Social Health … Good hours. Glassdoor has 8 Steamfitters of UA Local 420 reviews submitted anonymously by Steamfitters of UA Local 420 employees. Not familt friendly. Local 420 Municipal Hospital Employees Union. Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile? Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! President Carmen Charles. Glassdoor will not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled. Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. { "isFollowing": false, "isEEPActive": false, "isEiHeaderFollowBtnDos2Enabled": false }, Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Getting a Job Is Tough; This Guide Makes it Easier, Climb the Ladder With These Proven Promotion Tips, A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve, Join the Steamfitters of UA Local 420 team, Former Freelancer - 9th Period Apprentice, Current Employee - Third Period Apprentice, Current Employee - Journeyman Steamfitter, Steamfitters of UA Local 420 Steamfitter Jobs, Steamfitters of UA Local 420 Jobs in Philadelphia, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? Work may not always be consistent, I have been working at Steamfitters of UA Local 420. • Took great pride in quality craftmanship and conducted myself with the utmost regard to safety at all times. To enhance and utilize my experience and skills. Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.