my) and adjectives (e.g. Continuing to use this website gives consent to cookies being used. Saha and Mandal (2014) found as well that these pronunciation problems are more common among the lower level L2 English speakers than among those who are fluent in the L2. One thing that spoken English has that isn’t conveyed well through legal writing is the rhythm that creates it. He also noticed that the speakers tended to transfer some features from their L1 to their L2 like the aspiration feature and the use of the voiceless alveolar stop [t] of the L1 instead of the voiceless denti-alveolar velarized stop from the L2 (p. 114). For more information see our, Your data will be collected accordance with our. For example, it is correct to say both: I very quickly did my homework .. and I did my homework very quickly .., but only I did my homework in a hurry .. is possible. Use it: “That new Taylor … It is more complicated when an indirect object (I) is added to the sentence. Parameters are dimensions of grammar which vary, in binary fashion, among languages. The problem for the English learner is that some adverbials can be located in different places within the sentence, while other adverbials must appear in one place only. Modern English is what is called an analytic language. Use it: “That new Taylor Swift song is such an earworm!”. Not sure how to use them? on whether the direct and indirect objects are nouns or pronouns, and b.) There is no formal form when using spoken English. Huthaily (2003) established that there are cases where L1 transfer is clear, like for instance when the participants transferred the voiceless alveolar stop [t] from their L1 to their L2 instead of the L2 voiceless denti-alveolar stop [t] (p. 113). Please fill in a valid value for all required fields. //