See more ideas about still life painting, still life, art. I adjusted the value and color of the antique cigar salesman box the ball is placed upon to resemble that dirt and grit of a home plate. If you enjoyed the still life artwork above, then be sure to check out the rest of the award-winning paintings featured in AcrylicWorks 5. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. No correspondence will be entered into. Incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid. One entry per prize will be awarded. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. My wish for all who view this is to feel love in your own lives! We will refund your last payment … While most of the still life painting of the Middle Ages in the West was created with the primary purpose of supplementing Christian iconography, the lifeblood of the Renaissance gave rise to an interest in secular subjects that would ultimately free the field, and usher … One entry per Eligible Entrant. It’s amazingly easy to adjust values with this technique using acrylic. The simplicity of the painting, of its elements and color, creates the illusion of detail due to the splatter technique used on the background. I like the painting so much I did not want to sell it. All Rights Reserved. I employed this philosophy in Soiree alla Prima as a modern take on their traditional techniques. The plane is displayed in the National Air and Space Museum’s Boeing Aviation Hanger at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Virginia. The high-key background and bright countertop provide contrast to the cakes, which are portrayed in darker and more saturated hues. There’s no catch. WATERCOLORPAINTING.COM COPYRIGHT © 1999-2016. 14. I worked with a limited palette of Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Crimson Red, Magenta and Titanium White. Enjoy! Leaving is a celebration of my favorite time of the year in the Midwestern U.S.: autumn. My subject, captured in the light of day, meets the exact values of shadow and light. 5. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition. If you want your money back because you aren’t satisfied, you can have your money back. 37. View Full Details. The release may also require the entrant's parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The winners will be five entries (one for each prize type) selected by a panel of four judges. I love how a glint of color off of a leaf makes me feel excited, so I included many of them. The light hitting my kitchen table created high-key values on this dahlia, which begged me to capture the joy radiating from it. }); Artist Network is with you every step of your art journey. 25. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. How to sketch and color different sections of the whole art piece without being scattered. Their names may (at the discretion of the Promoter) be published online on www.montmarte.net/creativeconnection/competition and on Mont Marte’s Facebook and Instagram accounts. Sep 20, 2020 - Explore CHRISTO Philo's board "Art - Still life - Painting II", followed by 1387 people on Pinterest. I intentionally used a light value to draw the viewer’s attention to the piece of wood that looks like a bird, creating a focal point. Cookie Statement Terms & Conditions. I use an acrylic that has an extender, which gives me the opportunity to work the paint longer. The Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Finely detailed texture in the icing is made vivid with backlighting. One of the many things I love about acrylic is the ability to apply thin glazes to adjust both the color and value of the objects in my painting. I use cooler tones in the shadows of the subjects and warmer tones to help bring the highlighted portions forward. 1. The dark, but simple, backgrounds and well-lit subjects coupled with a realistic style are meant to be interpreted like a highlighted memory, hopefully evoking the remnants of a viewer’s baseball memories, without the specificity of a time or place. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Occasionally, this rule has to be disregarded. By entering the Creative holidays competition you agree to subscribe to Mont Marte’s Creative Connection newsletter. 17. You must Register or 19. 2. 15. Painting in a photorealistic style as part of my Reflections in America series, this piece was created with a sensitivity to bold contrasts in reflected light and color. I enjoyed the freedom and looseness of the weeds and grasses because they provided a nice contrast to the bold geometric fabric of the balloon.