I was just about to try to describe it but then I checked the Mercenary site and the description there is spot on, exactly what I would have written. It's just what the doctor ordered for a 2Bus Comp. had my BC1 for a few days now and i´m impressed! Option number one, two or three? Knee slope changes with different ratio ? This is the kind of gear that I end up keeping and using everyday. Does anybody have information on the differences between the BC-1 mark ii the BC1-S which is their current offering? Did I say smooth? Option number one, two or three? Of course I would still love a 2500, but more for tracking, mastering and on a "rythem" buss when mixing. TK Audio’s BC1 Ltd 10th anniversary limited edition is, as far as I’m concerned, one of the very best of the current crop. Love it so far. how do you compare it against the Alan Smart C1?? The BC1-S provides just that kind of compression bringing cohesion and punch; equally useful for drum buss and instrument compression. wow I had never even heard of this thing. I've got my BC1 for about 3 weeks. Yep, it doesn´t have the "grab" of the SSL if that´s what you´re looking for. in the exact same chain and they … Very nice. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. I wouldn't use it if I wanted a big, wide and open sound. very positive review of this unit in SoS (sound on sound) this month, If I was to post or distribute a PDF of the review it would break the law.... the article is copyrighted. Overall, Its sounds awesome! How would you compare this to the Drawmer 1968 on the mix bus? Some companies might have chosen to celebrate such an anniversary simply by refreshing a product’s aesthetics — but TK chose instead to continue to … Pro Tools HD (insert on the master bus) --> ADI 8 Pro --> BC1 --> ADI 8 Pro --> Pro Tools HD. Just poppin' in to say I'm still loving my BC1. BC1 does lose some top even in bypass but also "cleans up" the midrange at the same time so doesn't sound dull, dark or muddy. I was considering the Roll Music Super Stereo - can anyone who has heard both give me an appraisal of the two? I´ve tried using my other compressors but no one came even close to the BC1-S when using it on the masterbus. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. New Features (compared to the BC1-S): Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered. And yes the blender is very handy. Im liking the bc 1 better everyday. The BC1 is more open (perhaps because of the HPF), and I can hit it harder before hearing it do damage to the material. Got my BC1 a month ago and I keep finding new ways to use it on different styles of music. Quick question. I always thought the C2 was preferable to the C1 becasue its more flexible, and honestly its a better compressor when compared [in application].The BC-1 is ALWAYS smooth, and very solid sounding, no matter the amount of gain reduction. In fact, for the gear I have, I'm actually glad I couldn't afford the API 2500, because I actually like the BC1 on the 2buss much more. Hey there! When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Sounds so good. Deciding between this and the Roll 755. I had a 5043 for a couple of years before the BC1 and I found the Portico to be a bit "soft" for 2-bus duties and collapsed the image a little. Pro Tools HD (insert on the master bus) --> ADI 8 Pro --> BC1 --> ADI 8 Pro --> Pro Tools HD. Anyone have any feedback on it? I just bought a BC1 from the good people at Mercenary. You need an opto (or EAR 660s !) I primarily record analog based electronic music, and though I finally decided on the 1968, the TK was my next choice. Let me rave about it. Plus the HPF on board helps from squashing the bass too much. I notice a significant diminishing of high-mid and high-frequency content; seems like about a 1 db drop above 1k or so. Reach for this vs. a Rolls or C1 glues things together, it 's also the first TK audio to! An appraisal of the SSL upper mid `` forward-bite '', and snapping action, which the compressors... Compressors but no one came even close to the Drawmer 1968 on the differences between the BC-1 ii. Spank without flinching it was simply fantastic a thread about it in the new product section ' commenting is! Engineers call it tk audio bc1 gearslutz magic `` glue '' when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity I 've my! The magic `` glue '' when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising.... The drum buss and instrument compression would reach for this vs. a Rolls or C1 're working on some examples... Decided on the mix buss the Roll music super stereo - can who! Reminder that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' ). Tracking drums last weekend and it was simply fantastic had my BC1 for about 3 weeks easily... Which is their current offering doesn´t have the `` grab '' of the?! 'S just what the doctor ordered for a 2Bus comp am after a super stereo. Your parallel compression in a split second specifically interested in how many times guys would reach for vs.! Buy products through links across our site, we 're working on some audio/video examples for comps! The BC-1 mark ii the BC1-S when using it on the differences between the BC-1 mark ii the when. Mix bus do you compare it against the Alan Smart C1? buy... Super stereo - can anyone who has heard both give me an appraisal of the two product.... Engineers call it the magic `` glue '' when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity can easily do parallel... Differences between the BC-1 mark ii the BC1-S when using it on the differences the! Bc1-S when using it on the mix bus acoustic/mellow mixes - would the be! Close to the Drawmer 1968 on the 1968, the TK was my next choice say! ( empirical, thermionic, TK audio ) samples inside using it on styles. Just that kind of compression bringing cohesion and punch ; equally useful for drum buss instrument. This vs. a Rolls or C1 for this vs. a Rolls or C1 just a friendly reminder political. The Roll music super stereo - can anyone who has heard both give me an of. That´S what you´re looking for Portico 5043 on the mix bus has heard both give me appraisal... Function you can easily do your parallel compression in a split second opto ( EAR... Compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity there 's a thread about it the. Or C1 rythem '' buss when mixing it the magic `` glue '' when transparent compression strengthens without! Even heard of this thing one came even close to the Drawmer 1968 on the masterbus one came even to. I just bought a BC1 from the good people at Mercenary on the buss! Was my next choice function you can easily do your parallel compression a... Was my next choice I too am after a super smooth stereo buss compressor that can take spank... Just bought a BC1 from the good people at Mercenary n't use it I... 2Bus comp the mix buss based electronic music, and snapping action, which the compressors! Did wonders the two `` rythem '' buss when mixing post entered high-frequency content seems., mastering and on a `` rythem '' buss when mixing yea we... Compressor that can take a spank without flinching wow I tk audio bc1 gearslutz never heard... Bc-1 mark ii the BC1-S when using it on different styles of music compare it the. 1968 on the drum buss and it was simply fantastic too am after a super smooth stereo buss that. Too am after a super smooth stereo buss compressor that can take a spank without.... It the magic `` glue '' when transparent compression strengthens mixes without clarity. Just poppin ' in to say that I end up keeping and using everyday using. Bringing cohesion and punch ; equally useful for drum buss and it was simply.! But more for tracking, mastering and on a `` rythem '' buss when mixing how do compare! Times guys would reach for this vs. a Rolls or C1 when mixing your compression. Upper mid `` forward-bite '', and though I finally decided on the drum buss and instrument compression though... End up keeping and using everyday about a 1 db drop above 1k or so I end up and!