However, we had problems with both cardioid mics. That’s all we needed and they worked like they should, Reviewed in the United States on November 11, 2017. Besides this, the product is ideal for use with smartphones, DSLR cameras, and XLR camcorders among others. With the all-metal construction, this product is a great option for … Sounds great using phone or camera, Reviewed in the United States on March 3, 2017. As for the cardioids, it's hard to give them a fair trial if they are broken. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Besides a self-practiced on how to deliver the content, wireless microphones will be a lot of extra help. Hardly ever have to adjust levels! It has a long cord which is allows for lots of flexibility. I was actually very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this little thing. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. On top of that, you can take part in our live Q&A sessions which will insure that you never get stuck on anything again! I have used it with an iPhone 7 and the iPhone 10. We bought 4 of these lavalier mics recently here at The Podcast Host; in this review, I'll run you through them. The cable is long enough and most everything seems to be well made. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. These cookies do not store any personal information. I record audio in busy hockey rinks, the lapel mic picks up my audio without all the background noise. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Ive already returned it for a refund. The Fifine K053 USB Lavalier Mic is a wired, lavalier lapel mic that connects to … The budgeting fell to me, I had to make it work, and I was responsible for any waste or excess. From gear and production, to voice training, promotion, and monetisation. As a public information officer I have used it for community meetings and many video interviews. I'm the principle cinematographer for TitleMine, a new web series and YouTube channel that chronicles a math teacher as she travels the country buying and flip exotic cars for profit. I will buy a second in the future with a splitter so I can be recorded interviewing as well or just record two people at the same time :) No need for a stupid breakout box of any kind! Now say goodbye to messy cable microphone! If you are going to be using the mic for interviews, then get the Movo Lv1. I can't use it now, very frustrated. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United States on June 24, 2018. They're a bit thicker on the LV8s, and have a more robust connection to the XLR connection end. Register now, make 2021 a brighter year. Note to self, keep my day job. Good Quality, but fragile if used outdoors, Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2015. There's also a clear explanation on the on/off switch. If you're OK with that, click Accept, but if not, you can turn off non-essential cookies below. Both omnidirectional mics, on the other hand, worked and sounded fine. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Making a video or podcast, audio is a very important element. Best Lavalier Microphone of 2020 | Comparison Table. They're small, unobtrusive microphones that are flexible to carry and use. They produce products that differ in quality from top brands, but they are always devices that are made with knowledge and respect for the buyer. Mics with this polar pattern tend to focus on the voice of the user, whilst rejecting the sounds around them. Let’s take a look at the MOVO LV4 and LV8 lavalier mics. As I've said, we unfortunately had a situation where both cardioid models seemed (or most definitely were) broken. They won't work without it. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Lavalier, or ‘lav' mics are what you'll usually see pinned on to the clothing of TV news reporters. Create a pilot episode for your first (or next) podcast. That's why we decided to try out 4 mics under the MOVO LV4 and LV8 banner. Should be good for basic recording. The mic vastly improves the audio quality in my videos and is the only one I could find with the usb-c to work without a special dongle on the phone. I have used the lab mic setup for a year and have had no problems or issues, it has worked great. I'd say that if you were presenting, either in front of an audience, or alone in a room, the cardioid would be better. This is a great value. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Choosing the best equipment for you is just one aspect of setting up and running a great podcast. We're prone to using lav mics when we record on-the-go at events or conventions. October 7, 2020. The models with O and D in their names, are omnidirectional mics. I bought it after a friend recommended it, and I have recommended it to other PIO’s. We use them with an Ipad to record tour videos of homes. I also purchased the Rode SmartLav and to me both of these mics sound the same except the Rode is 3x more expensive and you need to purchase an extension cable to make it useful for interviews shot with the iPad or any device as the Rode only has a 3' cable. Giant Squid Audio Lab: No: Check Price SONY ECM 77BExpensive: Yes: Check Price. We're starting on a tight budget that had to cover UAVs, tripods, lights, camera, lenses, software, and of course, audio equipment. Movo is a good example. The cord is very long so you can record from long distance. This page works best with JavaScript. People tend to use them if they're being filmed; it looks better than having a large mic stuck in their face. Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2016. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. This lavalier is nothing like the high-quality professional audio lav microphones, of course, but it performed so well for me on the spot, I was quite impressed that all five of my interviewees produced flawless recordings. Now say goodbye to messy cable microphone! Commonly, this would be a digital recorder like the Zoom H5 or Zoom H6. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Movo LV1 Lavalier Lapel Clip on Microphone for Cameras, Camcorders and Smartphones Compatible with iPhone and Android Perfect Lav Mic for Filming Podcast, Vlogging and YouTube Videos at Amazon.com. Seem to work good, tried them walking around the yard with the pickup in the house with no pickup problems. They also come in a handy protective carry case too, which is another positive. Fifine K053 USB Lavalier Mic free of charge for me to review now, even though I receive this microphone free of charge, I will still give you my completely honest and unbiased opinion. This page works best with JavaScript. Tried again after getting home and still no connection. You'll see above, from the letters at the end of the mic name, that there's 2 different types of each one. That’s all we needed and they worked like they should. Connected twice during testing.... At time of event they ceased to connect/operate again. Example, is mic is used with cell phone you don't have to turn it on. I think omnidirectional lavs tend to sound a bit better in general too. Some folks can get “mic fright” and seize up a bit here. If you have the latest IOS on your iPhone, this will not work. Sound is not the greatest, but that could just be the mic itself. We had mixed results with them. Every word was clearly audible, and the background noise was reduced. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2020. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Matthew is an audio drama writer and producer who enjoys talking about podcasts. Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on January 26, 2018. Unfortunately though, this would double the cost of going for the LV4 pair. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This microphone system works great! Movo 2.4GHz Wireless Lavalier Microphone System - Smartphone Clip On... Movo 2.4GHz Wireless Lavalier Microphone System - Smartphone Clip On Microphone Compatible with Apple iPhone X, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, Max, Samsung Galaxy, Note Smartphones, DSLR Cameras + More.