You might want to review the menus to see which seems most appealing. Also, we thought we'd try one of the restaurants for another meal (whichever we don't do for brunch) so if you'd suggest one over the other with that in mind, that would be great. Should I bring my kids/teenagers to New Orleans? The set menu options were good. Excited we are going to Muriel's this Sunday, Please do a review of the brunch... My wife and I are a week behind you and will be in town the following Sunday. The food was good, of course we had the goat cheese and shrimp crepes among many other items. Our dinner with drinks for two people was around $80. We had to ask if there was a place to wait...she then pointed to the bar area where we moved, to stand along the wall in the bar. Muriel's Jackson Square: Terrific Sunday Jazz Brunch - See 5,473 traveler reviews, 1,934 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. The service is impeccable, and the live jazz was great as well. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. more. Every Sunday from 10:00am-2:30pm enjoy a classic New Orleans brunch accompanied by the smooth sounds of dixieland jazz. I had the turtle soup made with Louisiana Snapping Turtle and laced with sherry. I followed with the Stuffed Mirliton, which was a squash with a shrimp and andouille stuffing; baked and served with a roasted creole tomato sauce. She led us back to the entrance and stated that she'd see if a table could be cleared for us. Actions. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Due to an unexpected personal issue we could not stay as long as we had hoped, however our dinner was very nice and our waiters were top notch. Aubree Overfield renamed Jazz Brunch @ Muriel's (from Jazz Brunch) Aubree Overfield added Jazz Brunch to SUNDAY Board NOLA Allie's Bachelorette. Re: Mr. B's or Muriel's for Sunday Jazz Brunch? Seance Room. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Hello! This building has a lot of history, which the staff was happy to let us know about. Map updates are paused. Then she was silent & left us standing in the entry. Our group loved the Sunday Jazz Brunch at Muriel's. We would eat here again in a heartbeat. We had a reservation so the hostess took us to a table that sat in the middle of the kitchen to dining thorough fare...complete with doors swinging and servers rushing around us. We were celebrating our anniversary and they gave us a free glass of champagne. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. Wait staff were attentive. I would definitely return. Two thumbs up! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Watch Queue Queue Sundays are special with Greg as the host of the Sunday Morning Smooth Jazz Brunch. . Muriels is in a great location on Jackson Square, perfect for a Sunday brunchThere is a live jazz band, mimosas and a good menu - what more could you ask for?I had the wood grilled pork chop which was very tender and tasty, and came with some greens and should have been with sweet potato which I switched for mash. Highly recommend. more, This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. We appreciated all the gluten free options. Both are great. The Jazz trio stops at 2. Muriel's is more quaint, with nooks and crannies, such as the ghost table, seance room and balcony, to explore; superb service. We asked for a different table and the hostess became disgruntled and rude. After some time had passed one of my daughters went back to the hostess again and asked how much longer it would be before we could be seated. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-72494158', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Mr B's, with its outstanding Barbeque Shrimp and Gumbo Ya Ya, is more brass, dark wood and glass. The crowd was a mix of local groups celebrating occasions, and tourists looking for something a bit more upscale for brunch. Muriel's has more, for lack of a better word, personality; I'm probably prejudiced because I've had such wonderful times there. The decor was very elegant and I would definitely dress for the dinner crowd. This place is lovely! I had the shrimp and grits, was a bit smaller portion that I had expected but still good!