It’s really good solution! Thank you very much indeed! If you are facing this problem don’t worry. Thanks…u r the best knowledge provider in the net, Before I messed up deleting whole system files twice while removing .net framework version 3.5, n had to repair install windwos xp. Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. Hope this article helped you install .NET Framework 3.5 or any other optional Windows features, without getting the error 0x800F0954.eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'winhelponline_com-leader-1','ezslot_15',113,'0','0'])); Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. Just run the tool and let it complete, then try to see if your problems have gone. Thank you soo much after 2 days wasting on this error finally got it solved.. If you are using Windows 10, go to Wİndows Properties Enable or Disable. Ok, this might not be ideal but it's a fix I stumbled across and it works every time for me. Excellent. Appreciated ! There is no need to do that. Muchísimas gracias, genio!!! Step 1 worked where all other methods failed. 5. This makes it easier for those of us that use GPOs which will overwrite the change after restart. Repair installation failed and crashed; uninstall similarly. Thanks. If any files, folders or registry entries relating to .NET are missing or corrupt, the program will tell you. The good thing is the tool is kept up to date and recent revisions have brought support for the latest .NET 4.5.1 and 4.5.2. I reinstalled the programs and it was working. cleaning the latest version .net framework 3.0 helped my computer improve its performance. Additionally, this tool tries to resolve these issues by applying known fixes or by repairing the installed product. thanks mate. Co-authoring a paper with a persona non grata. Thanks for the feedback. This error happens when the connection between Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Windows Optional Feature Installer fails or gets terminated. Change the Value data to “0“. A major issue with .NET is it’s huge in terms of disc space and seemingly getting bigger with every release. And I got the same result. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Is there a name for applying estimation at a lower level of aggregation, and is it necessarily problematic? Thank you so much! After trying numerous approaches to fix this, I found the following solution to be working in my case. Thank you very much. After navigating to the “AU” registry, right-click on the blank space and click on “New” and click on “DWORD (32-bit) Value“. Issue resolved by solution 1. On the left side click 'Turn Windows Features On or Off' The first Item in the list is .net Framework 3.5. e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”. Went back and changed the setting to “1”. Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. Browse other questions tagged windows-10 windows-registry.net-framework or ask your own question. This tool is labelled as a “last resort” by its author and should be used AFTER standard repair or uninstall methods have failed. .NET Framework Repair Tool provided by Microsoft. There are fixes available to fix the problem for you. Additionally, you could install another windows in a VM and then grap the key. It’s hosed. How to Mark a Topic [Solved] on TSF's New Forum, http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...programs-and-features-906906.html#post5716634, Updated: what to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs, Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 from Official Microsoft Download Center, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I even tried running the System File Checker tool (basically doing "sfc /scannow" in an elevated cmd) to no avail. Then I discovered this webpage. It will attempt to remove files, directories, registry data and Windows Installer registration information that has been previously installed by .NET Framework. Check NET Framework 4.5 (or later) If the .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) checkbox isn't checked: Select the checkbox to turn on .NET Framework 4.5 (or later). No problems after using the cleaner just now! I cannot download the repair tool either… the issue is once I click “download”, it says thank you for your download but nothing actually appears in my download folder or anything for me to take the next step of installing the tool. The program has been running continuously with the message “Removing registry information” displayed. My hero. It will be very frustrating if you want to install Windows .NET Framework 3.5  on your computer but you are denied with an error message saying “Windows couldn’t complete requested changes. Now, you have to press Windows key+R to launch the Run. Where is this Utah triangle monolith located? However, when I try to install .NetFramework 4.5, the installer says it can’t install it because it already is installed. Thank you so much.