Transfer to a small oval pie dish (see intro), cover with the crumble mixture, and cook in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes by which time the fruit will be soft and the crumble topping golden on top, but brown around the edges and in parts. It was very delicious, though. Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden-brown on top. Not a member yet? Preheat the oven 190°C/170°C Fan/375°F. Last night, for a NYE party, I made a delicious apple crumble from Nigella Lawson's cookbook "How To Eat". Sorry! Butter and flour a square aluminum baking pan. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. There are actually 2 recipes for apple crumble so I kind of mixed both recipes. In How to Eat, I suggested this as a recipe for two. Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. Savoury apple crumble? The crumble topping and apple base can both be made ahead, but kept separately and assembled just before baking. I'll have to try savoury crumble one day .. I went from apple pie to apple crumble as my family enjoys it... Apple Crumble is a community recipe submitted by NYinRome and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. First, freeze the butter for around 3 hours, then dice into cubes about ¼-inch in size. Wow, that's a new one to me, but if Nigel Slater wrote the recipe, and you've recommended it, then it must be good.. :). I like the idea of a savoury crumble, but can't quite get my head around apples in it! Apple crumble is really easy to do but it needs to be served hot, and if possible, straight after being cooked in the oven. Put this mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes while you prepare the pie dish. Built by Embark. You can go smaller, but don’t go larger. Cook in a pan with the butter and add the raisins when they have grown in size. See more Make the most of apples recipes (17). Sign up today, it's free! Dear Reader, this is the best apple crumble recipe! Wipe the apples and cut them into quarters, then remove the cores and slice each piece in two. https://saturdaykitchenrecipes.com/best-recipe/10-best-apple-crumble-recipes Your comment must comply with our netiquette. Cook for about 25-35 minutes. Blend the flour and butter in a food processor for a few seconds, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Put the raisins or golden raisins in a small saucepan, add the marsala, bring to a bubble, then turn off the heat, and leave the pan to stand on the still warm hob. There are actually 2 recipes for apple crumble so I kind of mixed both recipes. Set aside in a cool place, or the fridge – even stash in the deep-freeze – while you prepare the apples. Excellent dish with a side of whipped cream. For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. 1 lb (450 g) Cortland apples, peeled, cored and diced, 1 lb (450 g) McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced, 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar, lightly packed, 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter, softened, 1/2 cup (75 g) unbleached all-purpose flour. Stop when your mixture resembles oatmeal. Serve in same pan. Butter and flour a square aluminum baking pan. Specify email address and password linked to your ricardocuisine.com account. Just a couple of ingredients will transform the humble apple crumble to something special indeed. See below for the recipe. Yummy crumble, but a bit unclear. Apple crumble is really easy to do but it needs to be served hot, and if possible, straight after being cooked in the oven. Line apples in pan, sprinkle with half the sugar and cinnamon, raisins are an optional. Walnuts were a lovely idea. Last night, for a NYE party, I made a delicious apple crumble from Nigella Lawson's cookbook "How To Eat". Wipe the apples and cut them into quarters, then remove the cores and slice each piece in two. Read about our approach to external linking. See below for the recipe. Cover the raisins with the warmed rum/water. If you’re using a large apple, slice each quarter across into three or four pieces. Information will not be posted to Facebook without your permission. Preheat the oven 190°C/170°C Fan/375°F. If you don't have any marsala then you could use madeira or a sweet sherry as alternatives. In a bowl, mix the two types of apples with 1/2 cup (105 g) of the brown sugar and place in the baking dish. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Transfer the apple mixture to a shallow ovenproof pie dish. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Definitely sounds like a plate of comfort food! Whisky or bourbon could also be …