So Good! Cheesecake can be made with different type of cheeses and toppings. So was it because I used a 9- inch pan instead of 10-inch? Yet, a couple of adjustments were necessary, at least with my Owen. I LOVE IT ♥♥♥♥♥, Awesome simple recipe. This cake will be made over and over again - thanks Nonna! Loved how easy this recipe was. Leave 1/2" of dough above surface of the filling. I did not know that since it was not in the written recipe nor in the video. So, I decided to bake the remaining batter in muffin pans. Hi everyone, I, too, only had a 2lb container of ricotta, so I followed the decreased ingredients. Wonderful texture and taste. ... Hi everyone, I, too, only had a 2lb container of ricotta, so I followed the decreased ingredients. I am so afraid of spring form pans... can I use anything else to make this?? Nothing like t... Bravissima Nonna Romana!! . Nonna Donna. This cake is delicious and so easy. .it is wonderful!!! So, I decided to bake the ... OK,so my springform pan unlocked and most of my batter fell on the floor. This is like my Mama\'s except I added a tablespoon each of orange and lemon juice. Easy to make. I topped the cake with candied orange and lemon peel twists which we served with our espresso! figure it out!!! I also even left the cake in the oven an extra 5 minutes. At about 20 mins into the second phase of baking the top started to burn. Took 45 minutes and it’s perfect. I added a tablespoon of orange and lemon juice as per a previous review. I must admit, I had some question whether this extremely simple recipe would turn out OK. . I baked it at 400F for the first 30 minutes, then an additional 25 min at 350F. Thank you Rosella and Nonna Romano ❤️?❤️?❤️. No way this would fit in a 9". The following recipe, prepared by Chef Rossella Rago, appears on CookingWithNonna.com. I made this for my brother’s birthday today and it was a hit! Pour the mixed filling into the baking pan. I took it out of the over, it is firm and I am sure cooked but the top is pretty burnt. Also it calls for lemon juice but neglects to say when to add it. Left a message on my phone "Deeeelish"! Nothing beats a great Ricotta Cheesecake and of … Loved how easy this recipe was. Many thanks!!! . Happy New Year. The ingredients are simple. Made this cake It will be a lovely Christmas dessert with the fresh raspberries I bought today. I have never worked with ricotta and was so disappointed since I thought that my cake was ruined. Authentic Ricotta Recipes prepared by our Nonne... our Grandmas that you can prepare at home for the pleasure of your Family and Friends. My personal and family taste. I put it in after the eggs. .just ricotta, eggs, sugar, and zest. I have to say: total success! I added the juice of the orange and lemon as well and the citrus just added an extra zing. Bellissima. Thank you, Rossella! So was it because I used a 9-... Also had issues with water oozing out of the bottom of the cheesecake. Deselect All. So Good! In a bowl mix together all the ingredients very well. A sweet and moist Ricotta Cake with a lovely scent of orange and lemon. I called an Italian friend and she said I should have drained the ricotta. Once the cake was cooled it sliced beautifully but I wonder how much better it would be if all that liquid had not drained out. Cheesecake Recipes by our Italian Grandmas!. Also had issues with water oozing out of the bottom of the cheesecake. I made this cake for my mamma\'s birthday and made her cry! If I make this again, I will add graham cracker crumbs to the bottom and use the 10-inch pan. Thank you very much for this wonderful recipe. I tried this recipe as part of an italian dinner I made for friends this past weekend. Guess I will just have to make another one. Simple and delicious I had a problem w/overcooking, though. Any temperature higher than that would've likely burned it. This is like my Mama\'s except I added a tablespoon each of orange and lemon juice. Grazie Rossella! Bravissima Nonna Romana!! (Never had to do that before) https://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/nonnas-ricotta-cake.html Bake for 30 minutes at 425F then continue baking for an additional 40 minutes at 380F. Anyone have a suggestion??? @ 380). Copyright 2007-19 www.CookingWithNonna.com - All Rights Reserved. Wellllllllll, after I got all my ingredients I discovered I only had a 7 inch spring form pan, so I ... Wellllllllll, after I got all my ingredients I discovered I only had a 7 inch spring form pan, so I did what I often do. I use fresh whole milk ricotta and also, I added the juice of a small lemon as well as the zest. Segment with Bernie and Sid on WABC 770 Radio. Also, your written recipe calls for a 9" spring form pan, your video for a 10". Ricotta cheesecake happens to be my favorite Italian sweet treat and I would really like to be able to rely on this recipe. I know it’s been a long time coming, but I finally had the time to sit down and write... Washington Post Article Read the full article HERE Read the full article HERE, Segment with Bernie and Sid on WABC 770 Radio Please listen to my segment with…, Christmas in July Sale!!! . Two problems: no oven temp was listed so I used 350. Also it ca... Made this today and it is delicious. Nothing like this can be bought in a store and the flavors bring you back to Italy.