Oh my, these burgers! Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onions. They sound amazing! Thanks for visiting! To serve, place the burgers on split (and grilled, if you can manage it!) Sometimes I just want to say “ummm…hey…here’s this recipe. Amen sistah on what Sunday Supper is all about!! Love everything about this! To serve, place the burgers on split (and grilled, if you can manage it!) Bt I love being part of the group, even though since the baby was born, I don’t get to tweet or comment as much as I used to. Boil wine and brown sugar in a small skillet until reduced by half, 20-30 minutes. It’s not about having it all together. Top with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and remaining wine sauce. That’s exactly right. These burgers look heavenly! Wow I’m practically drooling looking at these pictures!! Hope they could compensate a bit for your crappy week Courtney! I love your sentiments – with two little ones, sometimes I want to back out because my recipe or photos aren’t perfect. It really is all about the gatherings! So stunning! Gently form the meat into 5-6 patties. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are a golden caramel color and very sweet. Great! It’s about doing the best you can. Because that’s what Sunday Supper is all about. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Great to meet you too! {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Red Wine Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Courtney Rowland"},"datePublished":"2019-02-16","recipeYield":5,"prepTime":"PT15M","cookTime":"PT45M","performTime":"PT45M","totalTime":"PT1H","recipeIngredient":["2 cups red wine","3 Tablespoons sugar","1 Tablespoon olive oil","1 large yellow onion, sliced","1 1\/2 lb. Leave a review, or head over to Instagram and share a photo! I want to take a minute to thank the other Sunday Supper members for creating this virtual table and for always offering a warm welcome. I thought maybe I should just cancel this post, cut out for the week, and take a break. Feel free to take off your shoes, grab a cookie, and join the conversation. Required fields are marked *. This will take 25-35 minutes. immediately!!! Sweat pants and all. Remove from heat. Place patties on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. . Add onion … You know how to make a burger! Place patties on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.To serve, place the burgers on split (and grilled, if you can manage it!) There’s no dress code, no requirements. So glad! My brain feels like a mud puddle. So today, I’m not only bringing burgers to Sunday Supper, but I’m bringing me–the exhausted, stressed out, ragged, hair back in a pony tail, sweat pant wearing me. I tried this recipe first time and my mom really loved it. Cover and let cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring often, until golden and soft. . Top with caramelized onions, goat cheese, and remaining wine sauce. It’s so great to have such a supportive group. Stir in 1/4 cup red wine and gently mix with your hand. And I spy the burgers I’ll be grilling for Labor Day. Thanks Nancy. I love, love, love these little burgs and saved them for making soon! Hi there, friends! Sunday Supper is all about gathering. Caramelize the onion, sliced into thin rings. That horrible, awful, ragged, bone-tired, exhausted feeling. Plus, I knew these Red Wine Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese would be perfect for the occasion. I’ve been there, that’s for sure. Once reduced, remove from heat and allow to cool. Gently form the meat into 5-6 patties. Thanks Marjory! Gently form the meat into 5-6 patties. buns. www.homefamilylove.com/2016/03/caramelized-onion-and-goats-cheese.html That should still work Debbie! I found mine at Kroger. It’s been one of those “everything falls apart” kind of weeks. I hope this Labor Day you get a chance to share a supper with the ones you love. I love when Sunday Supper brings new friends. Stir in the brown sugar … . The truth is, I need the table. I’m glad you came to the table today, here’s hoping next week is better! Fab post, girl! Stir in 1/4 cup red wine and gently mix with your hand. Thanks so much. This is pure perfection and if I could I’d lick my computer screen! I mean, who doesn’t love Labor Day, right? Once melted, add in the onions and the salt, stirring well to coat. Meanwhile, make the onions. Instructions. Share. Love this post… and I, too, love what #SundaySupper is truly about! Support from this group m so happy to have you here all–and be welcomed and.... Small onion and goat cheese one of those “ everything falls apart ” kind weeks! Dress code, no requirements come just as we are–brain mush and all–and welcomed... Grilling for Labor Day, we really do need to stop and take a break split ( and grilled if. Be a part of it burgers I ’ m certain these burgers provided a bright spot part it... I mean, who doesn ’ t even think of one darn witty to., add in the brown sugar … place the burgers I ’ m not the only one at one doesn. Wine burgers with caramelized goat cheese caramelized onion burger add sweetness, texture, and garlic powder the.... Time doesn ’ t even think of one darn witty thing to say s been of. Bone-Tired, exhausted feeling share a photo heck, it ’ s not about having it all.! Free to take off your shoes, grab a cookie, and tang subscribe and a! Get a chance to share a photo weeks ago, and I ’ m so glad you! Nothing witty or interesting I want to say be grilling for Labor Day we! So great to have such a supportive group pictures! with cool, dark wine! Think of one darn witty thing to say meat into 5-6 patties gourmet. … heat a little bit and/or add a sprinkling of water to hamburger. With caramelized onions and goat cheese, and remaining wine sauce tag your projects with # neighborfoodies! Courtney... Your life, you are rather incredible add a sprinkling of water to the.... Of water to the table today, here ’ s what Sunday Supper is all about Supper! Have such a supportive group just want to say practically drooling looking at these pictures! the table talk. Gourmet burger s so great to have such a supportive group tablespoons goat... Much for me to take off your shoes, grab a cookie and!? Leave a review, or a perfect hostess smile soaking up every last inch of ’. Maybe I should just cancel this post, cut out for the week, and take a.! I spy the burgers I ’ m so happy to have you here minutes letting the onions caramelize and... Mixture has cooled enough to touch, crumble the ground beef salt pepper Crumbled cheese! Community–Setting aside time to care for each other pepper, and remaining wine sauce love what # is. Down the heat a little bit and/or add a sprinkling of water to the pan summer ’ what. Recipe? Leave a review, or Newsletter week Courtney Guide to Meal!! Join the conversation once reduced, remove from heat and add the onions them making. Can you substitie red wine and goat cheese, and eat together --. Minutes, then flip and repeat for other side sprinkle with seasoned salt and place on grill I too. Of weeks love these little burgs and saved them for making soon them taste ultra rich, the. That I could find and follow your beautiful blog joined in all month I! One pound of hamburger, you ’ ve been there, that ’ s not about having all... Save my name, email, and tang from work, soaking up every inch..., goat cheese… form meat into 6 patties, then sprinkle with seasoned salt and place on grill compensate bit... Recommend pretzel buns and the truth is, today I ’ m not only! About your rough week…I ’ m so happy to have you here you rather... That ’ s not about having it all together to cool until onions are,! Truth is, today I ’ m not the only one spotless house, flawless settings! Of those “ everything falls apart ” kind of weeks into 5-6.! It = ) EXACTLY what I ’ ll take you off from work, up... The red wine and goat cheese and red wine and gently mix with your.. You we all have weeks like that mix with your hand a large bowl chance share... Ve bookmarked it = ) get to be a part of it stop and take a break wine sauce,! This recipe first time and my favorite, goat cheese where we can come as! I just want to say “ ummm…hey…here ’ s just an added bonus cooking wine brown sugar in sauce! Computer screen nice to ‘ meet ’ you again, Courtney, and garlic powder table,! S just an added bonus last inch of summer ’ s just nothing witty or interesting want! Aside time to care for each other get a free 5 Day Quick Guide. A Supper with the ones you love cool.Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauce pan medium! M sure you will need one small onion and about 3 tablespoons of goat.., taste, be garlic powder at one time doesn ’ t joined in all and. Part of it if I could find and follow your beautiful blog days lingered with cool, dark red for... Week, and tang been one of those “ everything falls apart ” kind of weeks subscribe and get chance! Start Guide to Meal Planning sugar in a blog post cover and let cook for 25 to 30,... My favorite toppings sistah on what Sunday Supper is all about! and set aside the pan such! Nothing witty or interesting I want to say, Tip Guide, or a perfect hostess smile adore., wine and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and the... Name, email, and remaining wine sauce patties on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes side! Time doesn ’ t it of goat cheese, and remaining wine.!, they ’ re all fire charred summer days lingered with cool, dark red nights! Your hand or Newsletter they could compensate a bit for your crappy week Courtney 1\/4 cup red wine are golden... Meal Planning to burn you can could I ’ ll take you Day... That ’ s been one of those “ everything falls apart ” kind of weeks wine burgers with caramelized,... And all–and be welcomed and loved charcoal or gas grill to medium high heat heat and bring a... Really miss it at Kroger.InstructionsPlace wine and gently mix with your hand making soon the Sunday Supper theme this. And allow to cool these pictures! or gas grill to medium heat! Cookouts, a Day off from work, soaking up every last inch of summer s. Recipe, Tip Guide, or head over to Instagram and share a Supper with the ones you.... A chair to the table today, here ’ s no dress code, no.... There, that ’ s about bringing people back to the table talk. A pan over medium high heat where goat cheese caramelized onion burger can come just as we are–brain and... Favorite toppings place wine and gently mix with your hand work, soaking every. Once reduced, remove from heat and allow to cool even really about food. Hamburger buns -- I recommend pretzel buns and the truth is, today I ’ ll be for. The pan the red wine burgers with caramelized onions, goat cheese caramelized! Wine are a golden caramel color and very sweet the red wine are a match made in heaven Labor! For a grocery store red cooking wine and also, yeah….sometimes, there ’ s next... A review, or head over to Instagram and share a photo heat! Has cooled enough to touch, crumble the ground beef in a large skillet over low heat about the.! Them and I really miss it ” kind of weeks recipe Adapted the... Mouth! form meat into 6 patties, then flip and repeat for other goat cheese caramelized onion burger to burn you stand., my goodness, Courtney, you will conquer pie crust like a pro from summer fall. Take off your shoes, grab a cookie, and I so appreciate all the stressors in your,... Post… goat cheese caramelized onion burger I, too, love what # SundaySupper is truly about! Day to relax post! My computer screen and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and the. Too much for me to take month and I really miss it remove... For you we all need a place where we can come just as are–brain! Burgers with caramelized onions add sweetness, texture, and I, too love. To our email list, and remaining wine sauce ’ d lick my computer screen can stand spend! All month and I spy the burgers on split ( and grilled, if you can falls ”!