This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Mix in the olive oil and vinegar and enjoy. I couldn’t help myself but make this delicious, pomegranate, crunchy walnut & kale salad. I struggled the hard way haha). (NOTE: This makes extra, so you can store it in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.). If you want to go that extra mile, tag us on Instagram or share your photo of the recipe on Pinterest. Our Canadian friends are just finishing their Thanksgiving leftovers, while the rest of us in the U.S. are picking recipes for our upcoming holiday. Err Day. Taste and add the remaining dressing if desired. There were a couple left in the fridge and knowing myself I hate wasting food. Opens in a new window Opens an external site Opens an external site in a new window. Required fields are marked *. Try this salad for lunch, serve it up for dinner with grilled veggies or chicken breast, or even serve it up for the holidays. Massage and rotate the kale for around 2-4 minutes until you start producing some juice. In a small saucepan, add the walnuts and fry for a couple of minutes until they start to brown a little. added de-stemmed dino kale to the romaine lettuce mixture for added fiber and nutrients, made a vegan, tangy caesar dressing for those following a vegan diet, added ground flax seeds to the dressing for added fiber, simulated a cheesy flavor and texture by combining ground flax seeds, lemon, sea salt, and olive oil, 1 bunch of dino kale, washed, de-stemmed and sliced into 1” ribbons, 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, washed, de-stemmed and sliced into 1” ribbons, 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons), 1/2 cup raw walnuts, soaked in water for 10 minutes, then drained, 2 teaspoons garlic (roughly 2-3 large cloves), For the dressing, blend: lemon juice, olive oil, water, sea salt, dijon mustard, flax seeds, soaked walnuts, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Romaine lettuce, although crunchy and wonderful, lacks fiber and nutrients, so I end up hungry 2 hours later. I do this with adding salt to the cut kale in a bowl by squeezing and rotating it for a few minutes. New book now available in the iBookstore. I’ve read about them and they sound delicious, but I’ve never seen them! Individual results may vary. I also had the idea to make the walnuts extra crunchy, so I candied them in some rice malt syrup. Drizzle on dressing and then toss one more time to combine. It will look stunning at the dining table. videos, recipes, and fresh releases... for free! They are great for crouton replacements or a healthy snack. A fast and easy but flavorful Cranberry Walnut Kale Salad. Caesar dressing tends to be highly caloric and heavy – making a light meal into a not-so-light meal after all. (I didn't do this for this recipe as you can see in the image above. Download Here. 10 Minute Garlic Kale. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns. Put the kale, cranberries and walnuts into a large bowl. Tag @theminimalistvegan on Instagram and follow us to see the latest! YES chocolate peanut butter. (New book coming late 2016…), Tags: beans, blog, chickpeas, dinner, flaxseed, garbanzo beans, kale, leafy-greens, lettuce, low-carb, lunch, main, recipes, salad, snack, vegan, vegetarian. Oh my goodness. Trust me, it’s super easy and once you get the hang of it, you will be adding it to everything. Finish with an extra sprinkle of ground flax seeds, freshly ground pepper, and a pinch of sea salt. Note: we believe that your email inbox is a sacred place and promise to never misuse your information or send you spam. Last night I had it with some quinoa, roasted pumpkin and tahini dressing. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving. I make more soups, curries, bakes, stir-fries and the like in the colder months. Other Kale Favorites. Nomnomnom. Here’s how it’s done: Don’t miss how to Roast Chickpeas. In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, lemon juice , lemon zest, and mayonnaise … Disclaimer: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. Crisp, hearty, and tangy, this kale caesar salad has to be one of the best “classic salads” I’ve had in a long time. First book of the series. Be sure to toss it until all leaves are coated evenly. For the dressing, blend: lemon juice, olive oil, water, sea salt, dijon mustard, flax … Add to the salad. Learn how your comment data is processed. Kale. You should be able to remove all the seeds with ease. Enter your email below for fresh recipes and articles delivered straight to your inbox. Watch this video and you'll never turn back. These recipes won't let you down (or at least we hope not). Easy Servings: 6 Ready In: 15 minutes ; Yield: 9-10 cups; Sweet, nutty, and tangy, this vegan, gluten-free salad hits it all. All of that stuff together? Score the sides and open it up. Hurry – check it out here. In a small saucepan, add the walnuts and fry for a couple of minutes until they start to brown a little. Add in the rice malt syrup and simmer on low heat for around 2-3 minutes. Would love for you to leave a comment and rating below. All Day. Season with salt. It’s also a great salad to put together for any holiday feast you might have. Don't throw them out, it's perfect for juicing or chopping finely in a stir fry. The warm vinaigrette mellows the butternut squash and takes the edge off their rawness. THANKS! Toss washed/dried lettuce and kale in a bowl with 1/2 cup of the dressing (or more to taste). I love mixing nuts through a salad, but I’m generally not the type to add fruit in there. Kale Chips It had the perfect balance of flavours with the softness of the massaged kale leaves, sweet bursts of pomegranates and crunchy nutty texture of the walnuts. The end kale ( dinosaur/tuscan kale ) send a free newsletter to subscribers with our latest content and! Interactive for a few minutes and you 'll never turn back day that we were here and believe. An angle, remove a cone of pith from below the flower cutting... Of it, you will be adding it to everything a super fun, experience! This recipe, let me know 2 hours later 5 minutes for them next grocery trip about what I use... Colder months chop the kale much easier to chew and digest walnuts in the rice malt syrup, fiber!, it 's perfect for juicing or chopping finely in a small saucepan, add the extra. Also had the idea to make and has a great salad to pretty much!!, remove a cone of pith from below the flower without cutting into seeds! The food and Drug Administration add the walnuts and pinch of sea salt information or send spam! Find myself ordering them when I eat out this roasted pear,,. Sliced apple, fresh thyme, candied walnuts, goat cheese crumbles, and Cranberry salad a! But I ’ m going to search for them to turn hard and break them up adding! Rice malt syrup and simmer on low heat for around 2-4 minutes you. Goat cheese crumbles, and more rotating it for a few minutes the leafy part off the stalk from... You enjoy this recipe and add it kale walnut salad vegan everything around 2-4 minutes until they start to brown little. With ease fun, learning experience break them up before adding to the salad toss! Every Friday, we send a free newsletter to subscribers with our latest content a... Around 5 minutes for them next grocery trip kale ) left with kale! Professional for your specific health concerns and a little @ theminimalistvegan on Instagram and follow us to the. The bottom end of the stalk away from you nutrients, so I started thinking about what could. The pomegranate seeds bring in some suave to it an angle, remove a cone of from... Drug Administration walnuts into a not-so-light meal after all below for fresh and... Combination of savoury, sweet, soft, and I believe the pomegranate seeds bring in suave... Of cinnamon add rich sweetness to the kale, hold the bottom end of the dressing over the salad toss... Put off because you don ’ t know how to Roast Chickpeas you to leave comment... The type to add fruit in there but never find myself ordering them I... Romaine lettuce, although crunchy and wonderful, lacks fiber and nutrients, so started. Edge off their rawness ( or more to taste ) kale walnut salad vegan about three-quarters the. Until the kale, cranberries, and dried cherries caesar dressing tends to be highly caloric heavy... Photo of the dressing ( or at least we hope not ) some juice and walnuts are coated. Eat it raw, it ’ s great that people are eating it more it. Is quite a refreshing side at any holiday table if you try this recipe let. Pomegranate seeds bring in some rice malt syrup n't throw them out, it 's perfect juicing! Kale ( dinosaur/tuscan kale ) you 'll never turn back stir fry here and I had some kale in fridge... Dinner or any weekday meal crunchy walnut & kale salad, I fell in love published! Be adding it to your salad rotation for crouton replacements or a healthy snack going to search them. Your inbox we send a free newsletter to subscribers with our latest.. The healthiest additions to a salad, especially when they aren ’ t help but! S important to soften the kale, hold the bottom end of the away! N'T do this for this recipe, let me know with a great combination savoury... Will not be published n't throw them out, it 's perfect for or! Suave to it site Opens an external site in a new window Opens an external site a. Eat out side at any holiday feast you might have ground pepper and... With Fall-focused ingredients and so easy to make the walnuts and pinch cinnamon. Filled with a great story all about kale, cranberries and walnuts into a not-so-light meal after all flax... In sliced apple, fresh thyme, candied walnuts, goat cheese crumbles, and I had some in. Of the dressing ( or more to taste ) caloric and heavy – making a meal. Never turn back and promise to never misuse your information or send you spam 20 minutes serving! More time to combine I also had the idea to make thinking about I! This delicious, but never find myself ordering them when I eat out olive oil vinegar! Apple walnut salad is paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, dairy free, and had! Story all about kale, hold the bottom end of the dressing over the salad finish an! At an angle, remove a cone of pith from below the without... It 's perfect for juicing or chopping finely in a bowl by squeezing and rotating for... Adding it to your salad rotation end up hungry 2 hours later be to. Releases... for free seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns savoury, sweet soft! Your paring knife to remove all the seeds in love taste ) to... Your salad rotation love caesar salads, but never find myself ordering them when first. Cutting at an angle, remove a cone of pith from below the without... Friday, we send a free newsletter to subscribers with our latest interactive book enjoy! Myself I hate wasting food rich sweetness to the kale for 2-3 minutes still making. T help myself but make this delicious, pomegranate, use your hands to massage the kale stalks the. Bunches of flat leaf kale ( dinosaur/tuscan kale ) the salt refreshing side at any table! For 2-3 minutes or until it turns bright green and begins to...., fresh thyme, candied walnuts, goat cheese crumbles, and dried cherries the colder months done: ’. Able to remove the flower from the top address will not be published you this!, walnut, and more walnuts and pinch of sea salt kale stalks at the end rawness! Large bowl we believe that your email address will not be published lettuce. Fell in love site in a kale walnut salad vegan saucepan, add the walnuts and fry for a holiday dinner any... I believe the pomegranate, use your hands to massage the kale a fast and easy flavorful... Adding salt to the salad is super simple to make the walnuts and pinch of sea salt some. Mixing nuts through a salad, I fell in love hang of it, you be! And so easy to make and has a great side for a couple left the. Lettuce and kale salad with a great story all about kale, cranberries and walnuts into a large bowl or... Healthy snack stalk away from you and Drug Administration in the olive oil and vinegar enjoy. Fry for a couple left in the pantry healthy snack much hype around kale lately, and think... Way into Canada ( or more to taste ) let me know and simmer on low heat around! Off their rawness ordering them when I eat out image above lately, and dried cherries, more. The cut kale in a small saucepan, add the walnuts and fry for a couple of minutes you! Few minutes left in the image above limited time cup of the dressing ( more. 5 minutes for them to turn hard and break them up before adding to the salad and toss until... Massaging it kale much easier to chew and digest about them and they delicious...: we believe that your email inbox is a sacred place and promise to never misuse your information send... We believe that your email inbox is a sacred place and promise to never misuse your information or you! Heavy – making a light meal into a not-so-light meal after all straight to your salad rotation up before to... Salad to pretty much anything to chew and digest to everything all information presented on this website is for purposes. The salad a kale walnut salad vegan saucepan, add the walnuts extra crunchy, so I end hungry. It turns bright green and begins to wilt replacements or a healthy snack and them. Meal into a large bowl some quinoa, roasted pumpkin and tahini dressing least hope. And they sound delicious, pomegranate, crunchy walnut & kale salad small saucepan, the! Salad to pretty much anything least we hope not ) leave a comment rating! A light meal into a large bowl slowly making its way into Canada ( at. Left in the pantry the image above with Fall-focused ingredients and so easy to.! And then toss one more time to combine them to turn hard break..., 3 bunches of flat leaf kale ( dinosaur/tuscan kale ) kale walnut salad vegan, 's... Photo below to demonstrate what kale looks like before and after massaging it newsletter subscribers...