I have rarely stayed in a hotel which has been created with such love and passion with attention to detail throughout. Follow our adventures on Twitter at @jshurvell and on Instagram at @joshurvell and @andfotography. 2) Lack of, Dear FJTrips2020 Thank you for your review but I am so sad that we fell short for this stay. We left feeling that it was a place to visit for a delicious cocktail and perhaps some of their bar food, but not for lunch or dinner, which is sad in such a gorgeous space and setting. I've been writing on travel, food, fashion and culture for the past decade or so for a variety of publications. Clare P, House Manager at Thyme, responded to this review. We do not take bookings for this space, however it is reserved for guests of the hotel & Ox Barn. And I also won out on the vegetarian potato pave as a main. I am very pleased to say that we have resolved some of the issues you raised - the glitch that we suffered and we are back on form with dinner bookings, although the constantly changing advice for hospitality does make life difficult. The room was spotless. © 2020 Thyme Southrop Manor Estate, Photography by. The Ox Barn restaurant is unique - set in a magnificent, huge space with soaring ceilings and equipped with sophisticated ventilation systems, it is ideal to accommodate social distancing. I am so sorry your stay was not as perfect as it should have been. I write about travel, food, culture and fashion. Many Items were, Dear LaoiseMc Many thanks for your review. My cold roast pork/jerusalem artichoke/bottarga salad may sound rather challenging was an inspired combination for a starter. Prices above are provided by partners for one room, with variable occupancy rules as provided by the property, and do not include all taxes and fees. + … Many thanks Clare, We have stayed in a few top end Hotels in my day but this one is right up there. One of the first brands to use probiotics in its skincare ingredients, the brand is also careful not to include questionable ingredients such as sulphates, parabens or mineral oils. Thyme, the “village within a village” in the Cotswolds housing a spa, pub, farm and hotel in a collection of restored historic buildings, is expanding its offering with the addition of a new restaurant. I am sorry that you were not happy. You choose an Aurelia oil suited to your desired outcome of the treatment - if your life lacks clarity of thought, choose the oil that will help you to focus or if you're feeling stressed, choose the peacefulness oil to encourage calmness. Clare P, Manager at Thyme, responded to this review. more. Many thanks indeed. We do think we have something special to share at Thyme. One of the jars was broken (with a big chunk of glass missing) but had been put in the basket anyway. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.co.uk, Southrop Manor Estate, Southrop GL7 3NX England, All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash, Face masks required for guests in public areas, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms. I had a 90 minute skin, body and mind ritual that involved a facial and a massage. Ox Barn; The Baa; Drawing inspiration from the Cotswolds’ famous sheep industry and wool trade, the Baa Bar is situated in the old lambing sheds and is characterised by bespoke ‘sheep seats’ designed by Caryn. Contactless payment only; COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place Sadly we won’t be returning. The restaurant experience though might be most special of all. Edwin and Damien - two great people, Dear Mr Jenkins Thank you for this fab, fab review which I am so happy to share with Edwin, Damian and Charlie. You must come and visit us again and experience our Meadow Spa, Ox Barn Restaurant, tennis court, bikes and mineral pool. It does have a feeling of Provence in the Cotswolds with very impressive gardens. We are very sad to read this review and apologise profusely that your stay was not perfect. Opening in November under the careful guidance of head chef and owner Charlie Hibbert, the restaurant will serve modern British countryside inspired cuisine created with passion for the local land an entertaining. Absolutely stunning location and the room was beautiful. There are also two cottages available to stay in, one in the courtyard and one in the village. With very best wishes Clare, Firstly this place is absolutely stunning and very much a place for a special occasion however I would not recommend taking children. My photographer partner Paul Allen supplies photos for my features that often include a music or art event and our travels have taken us to under the radar music and art festivals in France, Italy, Portugal and Spain. The room was tidied after first night but dirty empty glasses and milk we had from day before were left behind. I got the impression that they were getting up to speed after being closed post COVID Finally on check out we were given bill to check. The staff were quirky and good enough. This outdoor pool is made from natural black slate and is filled with the estate's own spring water. We have a number of different styles of rooms. We had to ring the reception to find out basic details such as what time / where breakfast was, where the spa was located etc. © 2020 Forbes Media LLC. I booked lunch stopping there on our way for a break in the Cotswolds. The Ox Barn has been meticulously yet sympathetically restored - a state-of-the-art piece of agricultural architecture at its conception, now a modern dining destination with soaring archways and original Cotswold stone rubble walls. Guests staying at Thyme are served breakfast in the glorious medieval Tithe Barn which also serves as a venue for pop-up dinners and special events. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The Ox Barn at the Thyme Hotel & Spa. I co-founded PayneShurvell, a contemporary art gallery in London which is now an art consultancy in London and Suffolk. We have created a grown up destination and we don’t cater specifically to children with a dedicated children’s menu. But there was just something missing in terms of attention to detail or responsiveness Firstly I mailed to find out if Oxbarn restaurant needed to be booked in advance. The Baa is an elegant space to enjoy a coffee and a newspaper during the day or a fresh cocktail in the evening. I am afraid I disagree with generosity in the room - not only do we provide a variety of teas and coffee but an alcoholic tipple with soda and something to munch on and we would have been so, so happy to provide more on request. Children & Infants. Sign up to our newsletter to receive monthly Thoughts from Thyme, as well as access to exclusive events and offers. Caryn and her family have spent the past fifteen years meticulously restoring the mostly ruined honey-colored stone buildings and the land around them, gradually opening parts of the estate. EY & Citi On The Importance Of Resilience And Innovation, Impact 50: Investors Seeking Profit — And Pushing For Change, Michigan Economic Development Corporation BrandVoice.