One must act in painting as in life, directly. Pablo Picasso - From the Education category: The trouble is, we've been taught what to see and how to render what we see. These Pablo Picasso quotes are as classic as his legendary artwork. (Pablo Picasso). Great artists steal. One never knows what one is going to do. (Pablo Picasso). (Pablo Picasso), Action is the foundational key to success. Pablo Picasso - From the Importance category: Let them understand above all that the artist works from necessity; that he, too, is a minute element of the world to whom one should ascribe no more importance than so many things in nature which charm us but which we do not explain to ourselves. The purpose of life is to give it away. Pablo Picasso - From the Architecture category: The Parthenon is really only a farmyard over which someone put a roof; colonades and sculptures were added because there were people in Athens who happened to be working and wanted to express themselves. – Pablo Picasso, 26. (Pablo Picasso), From the point of view of art, there are no concrete or abstract forms, but only forms which are more or less convincing lies. (Pablo Picasso). Also, if you like our efforts and love, then share our website on Social Media. With me a picture is a sum of destructions. – Pablo Picasso, 27. While it is being done it changes as one’s thoughts change.” – Pablo Picasso, 3:) “One never knows what one is going to do. – Pablo Picasso, 13. (Pablo Picasso). When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs.” – Pablo Picasso, 12:) “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” – Pablo Picasso, 13:) “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso, 14:) “Painting is a blind man’s profession. Pablo Picasso Quotes on art. I might just as well try to trace a perfect circle. The movement was pioneered by Georges Braque and Pablo Picasso. (Pablo Picasso), It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction. Pablo Picasso Quotes on Art. I do not seek. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. Pablo Picasso - From the Inspiration category: Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. (Pablo Picasso). As soon as you elaborate on it, it becomes transformed by thought.” – Pablo Picasso, 25:) “Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.” – Pablo Picasso, 26:) “Bad artists copy. Pablo Ruiz Picasso was a Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and theatre designer who spent most of his adult life in France. (Pablo Picasso). Absolutely free, no strings. I know you like this Pablo Picasso quotes on Art & Success. (Pablo Picasso), If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes. (Pablo Picasso). While it is being done it changes as one’s thoughts change.” – Pablo Picasso . Destroy the thing, do it over several times. (Pablo Picasso), Everything you can imagine is real. (Pablo Picasso), Each time I undertake to paint a picture I have a sensation of leaping into space. Neither the good nor the true; neither the useful nor the useless. All children are artists. I have understood my time and exploited the imbecility, the vanity, the greed of my contemporaries. While it is being done it changes as one's thoughts change. (Pablo Picasso), We now know that Art is not the truth... but rather a way of approaching the truth. (Pablo Picasso), Art is a lie that helps us to realize the truth. Your email address will not be published. Pablo Picasso - From the Questions category: Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it? (Pablo Picasso), A young artist must forget painting when he paints. What nonsense! I am rich. (Pablo Picasso). One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. If only we could be in the position of those men who did those wonderful drawings in Lascaux and Altimira! What is color? I don’t believe in accidents. Pablo Picasso - From the Cubism category: When we discovered Cubism, we did not have the aim of discovering Cubism. (Pablo Picasso), I have contented these people with all the many bizarre things that have come into my head. An idea is a point of departure and no more. (Pablo Picasso), What do you think an artist is? (Pablo Picasso), You mustn't expect me to repeat myself. (Pablo Picasso), Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us to understand. – Pablo Picasso. Pablo Picasso - From the Drawing category: Drawing is a kind of hypnotism: one looks in such a way at the model, that he comes and takes a seat on the paper. If you have any suggestions, then write Quotes and Status for us. (Pablo Picasso), If you can handle three elements, handle only two. (Pablo Picasso), Art is the elimination of the unnecessary. Obviously, for us, this word no longer has the same meaning. (Pablo Picasso), It is good taste, and good taste alone, that possesses the power to sterilize and is always the first handicap to any creative functioning. Pablo Picasso - From the Interest category: Imitators? That is a sign of strength if it is a question of looking for a stimulus or recognizing mistakes he must avoid. And if you find it simply by looking for it, that means it's false. – Pablo Picasso, 48. (Pablo Picasso). (Pablo Picasso). The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. Pablo Picasso - From the Limitations category: For a long time I limited myself to one color – as a form of discipline. (Pablo Picasso), Painting isn't a question of sensibility; it's a matter of seizing the power, taking over from nature, not expecting her to supply you with information and good advice. – Pablo Picasso, 15. Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. There are only encounters in history. Yourself is a sun with a thousand rays in your belly. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality. Pablo Picasso - From the Effort category: People don't realize what they have when they own a picture by me. Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. – Pablo Picasso, 5. It takes a very long time to become young. (Pablo Picasso). Let’s check his most famous inspirational quotes by Pablo Picasso.