They’re made with just 4 ingredients– oats, peanut butter, banana, and chocolate chips. Delicious Healthy-ish with a Sweet Tooth Did the muffins bake okay? How about if the kid was fine now but had a delayed reaction? Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Thanks for your feedback, Kim! How long will these muffins last? I just use natural peanut butter. Blend until creamy and smooth, 2 minutes. Whisk together milk, peanut butter, banana, egg, oil, and vanilla. I’d love to see! I bring you the most comforting muffins you’ll ever try. https://tasty.co/recipe/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-muffins How to make banana oatmeal muffins. Stir in the mashed bananas until combined. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Some brands and varieties have added a variety of additives including milk or milk fat which do not make the chocolate chips vegan compliant. Use a 1 to 1 substitute like. In addition, you can use vegan and gluten free chocolate chunks. Mix together optional icing and drizzle over muffins. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. We went to see Little Dude’s classroom the week before he started school, and his teacher told me that their classroom was going to be peanut-free due to a kid with a peanut allergy. Icing is not factored into nutritional content. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. https://www.theleangreenbean.com/peanut-butter-banana-oat-muffins Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! The muffins are melt in your mouth soft. Info. To make these banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins gluten free, simply replace the 1 cup of all purpose flour with a gluten free variety. You can't taste the banana at all and only a vague hint of peanut butter. I’ve never tried using almond butter for this recipe, although you could definitely try. The batter is pretty liquidy. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Serve warm. All the other ingredients including mashed banana, brown sugar and maple syrup are all gluten free. I always make a large batch of baked oatmeal to reheat throughout the week and at least one or two snacks. Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. *To make your own buttermilk, simply add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or white vinegar to 1 cup (240ml) of milk. I think this would be better with more flour or ground oat flour and some nuts. To store breads like muffins, put them in a plastic bag, seal and store at room temperature for three days. Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Muffins are an easy on-the-go breakfast that’s filling with whole wheat flour and made in minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray. Enjoy! If you try this recipe, let us know! Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. They are a great snack you don’t have to feel guilty about eating! The peanut butter taste isn't well pronounced but it adds to the moistness of the muffin. Thaw overnight in the fridge. I immediately called the school to let them know. These Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins couldn’t be easier. If that doesn’t matter to you, then use any oats you have on hand and know that you are making a healthy snack packed with whole grains. The brand I use only has peanuts and salt for ingredients. 225 calories; protein 6g 12% DV; carbohydrates 27.1g 9% DV; fat 10.9g 17% DV; cholesterol 22.2mg 7% DV; sodium 164.1mg 7% DV. OPTIONAL: For the peanut butter swirl, spoon a small dollop of runny peanut butter on the tops, and use a knife or toothpick to create swirls. With as worried as I was, I can’t even imagine how parents of kids with life-threatening allergies must feel. Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE CREAMY TOMATO BASIL, VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE SUPER MOIST MAPLE SWEET P, Easy & Fluffy Cinnamon Vegan Pumpkin Waffles, Cream of Mushroom Vegan Green Bean Casserole, Autumn Sprinkle Vegan Donuts with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing. We definitely have no problem devouring these  Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins safely at home. Additionally, the peanut butter adds protein. These muffins are definitly missing something, they look beautiful though. First, preheat your oven to 350°F and coat a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. If wrapped well with plastic wrap or in an airtight freezer bag, they will stay good for a couple of months. Oh gosh I feel like that would totally happen to me-I have such a problem with going on autopilot. Your email address will not be published. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thick and lighter in colour. https://peanutbutterandjilly.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-muffins Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. All Rights Reserved. Looking for more muffin recipes? They are one of my favorite healthy gluten free snacks. Kids and adults love these banana oatmeal muffins that are a great breakfast or snack! The healthy chocolate chip muffins taste great and are perfect for on-the-go. Select the chocolate chips that have “Certified Vegan” listed on the front. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. They are … So I went into autopilot mode and just figured I was packing him chocolate banana muffins, not thinking about the rest of the ingredients. Since other reviewers said that there wasn't enough peanut butter and banana flavor I used about 3/4 cup of each instead. Copyright ©2020, Cupcakes & Kale Chips. Required fields are marked *. Subscribe to receive new recipe updates via email! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Oh almost forgot! To reheat these muffins thaw on the counter at room temperature or defrost in the microwave. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Subscribe to my Newsletter to Receive Exclusive Recipes! Deliciously moist and fluffy chocolate muffins that are loaded with peanut butter and banana flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Muffins make the perfect breakfast, lunchbox treat, or after-school snack. You can be sure this one mistake rocked me to the core. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Will definitely make this again! Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Chocolate Chips or Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Baking Chips to make vegan baking easier! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I chop most of the vegetables I’m going to eat for dinner and thaw anything from the freezer. To make banana oatmeal muffins with peanut butter and chocolate chips or chunks, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.