Philippians 4:6 The Voice (VOICE). The CLINIC – How To Rebound From Setbacks, Promised Of God: Traveling With Unmet Expectations, Discerning The Will Of Christ For World Evangelization, Simple, But Not Easy: Living The Truth Of The Gospel, 5 Misconceptions About Sharing The Gospel, All My Friends Have Issues By Amanda Anderson, 5 Days Of Understanding The Bible From Always Near. One final note on this verse:  It has been used to support the contention that no matter what the believer thinks, says or does, God will continue to make sure that he grows, that God alone guarantees this. Here your faith is tested to the maximum. 21 For my life is about the Anointed and Him alone. 01. It is not often that easy or that simple. God allows you to recieve a dose of undeserved suffering, undeserved to prevent you from getting arrogant from your promotion into spiritual adulthood. You will come to have virtue love for every member of the human race, emulating Christ’s love for the human race when He sacrificed Himself for it, paying the price for every sin ever committed in human history. But if God is working among the believers as a group, the only way to do that is for him to work in the life of each individual believer. As you grow spiritually, God parlays the previous blessings into the blessings for the next stage of spiritual growth. But these types of constructions can be confusing. He loved the human race because of his own virtue. In this context ERGON ἒργονcan be considered as that which is brought into being by God the Father through logistical grace. The gift of the Holy Spirit was the guarantee their inheritance (Eph 1:14). Philippians 1:6 Confidence in Logistical Grace, Exit Resurrection or Rapture of the Church, Bible Study: Faith Stories from the Bible, Bible Study: Hierarchy of the Local Church, Images: Theater Outreach production of Peter Pan and Wendy. This participle is in the active voice; a simple active voice. They’re driven by selfish ambitions and personal agendas, hoping somehow to add to my pain here in prison. 6 I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you until the day Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, returns to redeem the world. If and when you do fail, do you have the tendency to beat yourself about the head and shoulders, kicking yourself in the rear end for that failure? Of those people, there are those you know who will continue to grow up spiritually and those who don’t. As believers in Jesus Christ, we often make our best friends at the local church where we attend. We will see from the next phrase that Paul has confidence in their advance as a principle of doctrine not in the individuals necessarily. 15-17 I am well aware that some people out there are preaching the message of the Anointed One because of jealousies and rivalries. 00:01 Nathan Bautista - 8 - Dont Stop Believin 02. 12 I have good news, brothers and sisters; and I want to share it. It means to be fully and firmly persuaded or convinced; participle, middle voice, from πείθω peithō - to … When you are in fellowship with Him, He empowers you to both learn and apply Bible Doctrine. There is no place in the spiritual life for doubt. It is a causal participle, adding the concept of “cause,” so it is best translated “because I have confidence.”. It is all a matter of God’s grace on our. Nor do we deserve the wonderful blessings we have when we go through dying grace. You have an unshakable reliance upon God. This issue is never the people involved but what the Bible teaches. This provision comprises the stages of divine discipline. During these times of testing, God will allow you to face intense testing which will require that you apply every bit of doctrine you know. You may remember Paul’s thorn in the flesh. AGATHOS ἀγαθόςis translated “good,” but it refers to good of intrinsic value. Logistical support will not be needed after the rapture. Continuing this verse is HOTI ὅτι, a conjunction translated, “that.”  ENARZAMENOS ἐναρξάμενος follows. All objectives in the spiritual life are accomplished by learning, believing and applying the Word of God. 28 Don’t be paralyzed in any way by what your opponents are doing. They wish me the best because they know I’m here in prison in defense of the gospel. You may even experience privation as a part of your testing, but you will be supported through it because God will always keep you alive to fulfill his plan for your life. Finally, you pull through evidence testing and you emerge, totally occupied with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. For instance, gold, ounce for ounce holds the same value whether it’s found in a gold filling, or on your finger as a ring or as bullion. Our response to God’s loving support must be twofold: First we should be grateful and have an attitude of thanksgiving for everything He has given us. And on the day of the Anointed One, the day of His judgment, let them stand pure and blameless, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that ripens through Jesus the Anointed. Why not the people? The improper preposition ARCHI ἄχρι, “until,” with the descriptive genitive of three words complete this verse. Often, when the believer is carnal he leaves the wreckage of damaged relationships and lost opportunity in his wake. It is not a natural reading of the text. We’re going to call this short paragraph, “Paul’s Confidence.” The verse in the NASB starts with: “For I am confident of this very thing…”  The Greek sounds like this: “PEPOITHOS AUTOS TOUTO…”, , a participle acting as a verb. Since I’ve been away, you’ve heard of the other agonizing conflicts I’ve had to face. We will be studying these problem solving devices in later studies. This passage refers to the provision available to every Church Age believer for spiritual growth resulting in glorification of God. The “you ” is plural, a fact obscured by the ... Philippians 1:6. All rights reserved. Confidence is a spiritual asset, as long as it is based upon the ultimate standard, the Word and perfect character of God. The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and be thankful for what has come. Paul had every intention of continuing his spiritual growth, of which confidence is a natural result. Not so! He has total and complete confidence in his own and the Philippians present state of advancement in the spiritual life. Now you know firsthand the pains of this battle. Father, may their love grow more and more in wisdom and insight— 10 so they will be able to examine and determine the best from everything else. In this first stage of spiritual adulthood, you will also experience first system of testing. The only really question is the translation of en hymin. God does not need our help. When we mature, that is when we arrive at the point of. It is the perfect active participle from the verb PEITHW. We will devote an entire lesson to the concept of virtue love down the road. It cannot be less than perfect. We will derive the source of that principle and be specific about it in a minute or two. EN HUMIN ἐν ὑμῖν are the last two words in this phrase. 1 Paul and Timothy, slaves of Jesus the Anointed One, greet you, our friends in Philippi—those set apart by Jesus the Anointed—and we greet the elders and deacons who serve with you. All negative logistics come through negative volition to or rejection of Bible Doctrine. The Voice. When you reach occupation with Christ, you will have arrived! 4 My spirit is lightened with joy whenever I pray for you (and I do constantly) 5 because you have partnered with me to spread the gospel since the first day I preached to you. It has a defined objective; spiritual maturity. And what specifically is the “good work”? This particular category of grace begins at the moment of salvation. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. (1 Tim 5:3), Was Paul Chiding the Thessalonians? 1 John 1:9. The anartharous construction, that is, lack of the definite article, denotes the incredible quality of logistical grace. All positive logistical grace comes through positive volition to doctrine. He makes absolutely sure that you will stay alive. You will find that God’s support changes at this point to include more blessing. It is dependent upon who and what He is, never upon us. Right now, we will translate that phrase as: “because I have confidence in this itself.”  “This” again, refers to a principle. Some believers have more spiritual setbacks than others. The Voice (VOICE), Philippians 1:6 in all English translations, The Voice Bible, New Testament, eBook: Step Into the Story of Scripture, The Gospel According to Jesus: A Faith that Restores All Things, The Voice, The Voice of Hebrews, Paperback: The Mystery of Melkizedek, The Voice Bible, Personal Size, Paperback: Step Into the Story of Scripture. I honestly wouldn’t know how or what to choose; 23 I would be hard-pressed to decide.