Motorola Nio with 105Hz spotted: Will this be a gaming smartphone? The first thing I did was to see whether my phone’s manufacturer could solve the problem. From the Motorola website, I also learned that the company has dozens of authorized repair shops all across the country. MORE: Smartphones with the Longest Battery Life. My Pixel 3 has been GREAT for the last year (bought it ThanksGiving 2018). ReddIt . 2 DAYS AGO, [the voice of enterprise and emerging tech]. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. If you are, you should get it repaired or replaced immediately as it poses a safety hazard. My product was out of warranty, but Motorola could still potentially fix it for a price. It is America’s number one source of exclusive and breaking mobile news, and a technology category leader among early adopters, savvy technophiles and casual readers alike. A growing number of Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 3 users have recently been complaining about their devices. The journalism, reporting and commentary on. I'm waiting for support to approve a replacement,” says Cpixel3. Finally, a coworker recommended a general repair shop near where I live; I figured it was worth calling for an estimate. But if you continue using that damaged device indefinitely, you’re looking at a burst battery venting some very unpleasant gases, at best — and, at worst, if you keep your phone in your pocket, a small fire right next to body parts that don't react well to flames. … We’d also like to tell you about our mission and how you can help us fulfill it. However, the company didn’t have the model in stock and were sending him a Samsung Galaxy S10+ instead. Can I get a replacement?,” a Pixel 4 user wrote on Google’s support forum to which a Diamond Product Expert recommended contacting Google’s support team directly. Let the charge run down, then investigate your repair options. Along with reporting that their phones are physically contorting as the battery swells, users are saying that in some cases they can’t charge their phones once this occurs. That’s why my phone went from a hairline crack to pushing the screen right out of the housing. Reports of users facing battery issues have been prominent, with people having their handset’s battery swell up. Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 users are reporting battery swelling issues. Bitcoiners who missed rally express relief and regret, Samsung may allow users to unlock phones with voice command, Google Pay kills website, adds fees on instant transfers, Apple iOS 15 compatibility list rumoured: These three iPhones might not make the cut. Various threads on Reddit also detail similar issues, including with the Pixel 4 XL. Show your support for our mission with our one-click subscription to our YouTube channel (below). These cookies do not store any personal information. pic.twitter.com/j4YftGQlWy, — Artem Russakovskii (@ArtemR) August 9, 2020. Just clear the area right away if you smell anything foul, or if the battery starts to get hot. Lithium-ion batteries rely on a chemical reaction to charge. Sean - Sep 11, 2020. For details, tap Battery. It is a MAJOR issue with the 4xl series and I don't understand why Google is not supporting it properly,” a Redditor who claimed to be the General Manager of a uBreakiFix store wrote in response to a complaint. So for those facing a similar issue, it is advised that you seek a device replacement. Apple Black Friday deals 2020: Best sales on iPhones, iPads and more, Amazon UK Black Friday deals are live: The best sales right now, iPad Pro killer upgrade just revealed — and it’s coming next year, Walmart Black Friday deals 2020 — the best sales you can get now, Best Fitbit Black Friday deals 2020: Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Charge 4 and more. Our PhoneArena battery life test is designed to show off how good battery life really is. Follow HT Tech for the latest tech news and reviews, also keep up with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. “My pixel 3 purchased in November 2018 has alsl developed a battery bulge. A swollen battery can catch fire or even explode. Participate & Win Rs.5000 Freecharge Voucher! Could this be a problem with the charging stand instead of the phone? “This is caused by battery failure due to faulty connectors. Keeping the quality high requires the support of sponsors who are aligned with our vision of ad-free journalism content. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. According to a PhoneArena report, the number of posts regarding the bloated batteries has been growing in number since back in May. A 1-2mm gap due to the swollen battery was initially brought to notice around 6 months ago. 95 posts Thanks Meter: 3 . I can't seem to find any thread close to this topic so I'm doing a new thread. 14 Sep 2020, 12:19 AM IST in news Google Pixel 4 (Google) Google Pixel 3 users are reporting a major issue with their phones’ batteries. This issue is not just being reported for Pixel 3 smartphones but also for the Pixel 3 XL smartphone. To split the difference, I’ll say this: If you want to replace a battery yourself, there’s no reason why you can’t do so — especially on older devices, where voiding the warranty is not an issue. And many have also explained that since the battery swelling, the Pixel 3 and 4 units have stopped charging wirelessly. It is more related to swelling and bloating of batteries. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, Lithium-ion batteries are excellent for storing juice and powering modern tech (they’re a far sight better than the nickel-cadmium batteries of yesteryear), but they come with their own set of drawbacks, too. That phone has been with me all around the world, and I’ve subjected it to the rigors of city life on a daily basis. In addition to my time (the process takes between one and two hours), I’d also need a handful of tools that I don’t have handy, like a heat gun, a stiff plastic card (old credit cards bend too easily to pry anything), and a spudger. Then it … For our latest videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel. Google and other phone sellers seem to be responding to the issue in different ways depending on the phone. by Being an avid gamer, you'll often find him playing intense multiplayer games during his free time. https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/some-pixel-3-pixel-4-smartphones-are-suffering-from-battery-swelling-issue-71600022519335.html, https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/two-months-after-tiktok-influencers-busy-rebuilding-fan-base-as-homegrown-apps-enjoy-gold-rush-71600003021191.html, https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/paytm-kyc-scams-are-on-a-rise-how-you-can-safeguard-yourself-71600002289109.html, https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/android-11-features-that-are-exclusive-to-google-pixel-phones-71599991862593.html, Android 11 features that are exclusive to Google Pixel phones, Google Pixel 4a case reveals punch-hole camera, rear fingerprint sensor and more, Pixel 3, iPhone 11 ‘voice to text’ feature compared, Amazon partners with US govt to combat counterfeit products, Twitter plans to relaunch verification program for public in 2021, South Korean watchdog fines Facebook $6.1 million: Here's why, Virat Kohli’s AR avatar comes to Facebook, Instagram, US grants ByteDance new seven-day extension of TikTok sale order, India import hurdles hit Apple iPhone, Xiaomi devices from China, Salesforce in talks to acquire workplace app Slack, Feeling lucky? If you like the reporting, video interviews and other ad-free content here, please take a moment to check out a sample of the video content supported by our sponsors, Quarkus optimizes Java for serverless, containerized cloud environments, CNCF founder explains why customers are as crucial as tech in agile IT, Service providers need telco-grade network architecture for 5G, says F5, Spotify scales its infrastructure with thousands of microservices, open source, and “fail faster” approach, DevOps teams adopt tools that facilitate autonomy and collaboration as members work remotely, As cloud native computing rises, it's transforming culture as much as code, Dave Vellante's Breaking Analysis: The complete collection, Solo.io simplifies container networking with new platform, Mirantis eases Kubernetes management with Lens Extensions API, Dell updates its PowerProtect data protection suite for Kubernetes apps.