Porcupine Meatballs are similar to a classic meatball recipe, only with rice added to the meat mixture before cooking. Bake for another 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Collection of easy vegan recipes, personal growth tips, and spiritual healing. Mix well to combine. Bake for 15 minutes. Pour the sauce over the porcupine meatballs, cover the baking dish tightly with foil, and bake the … Combine the … Recipe by Taste of Home. Want to save the recipe for later? Porky meat can be substituted for the burger. We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. Perfect for a quick meal when you are wanting some good home cooked food without all of the rush. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and remaining tomato soup. Patties can be cooked in a frying pan as they are or mixed with onion soup mix and crackers. Pat into baking dish. Though the recipe has dramatically changed from meat to beans, these Vegan Porcupine Meatballs are only 14 simple ingredients, easy to make, AND so delicious. 1 pound lean ground beef1/2 cup instant rice1 cup finely chopped onion1 can (10.5 ounce size) tomato soup, condensed, divided1/4 cup 2% low-fat milk1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute, divided1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley1 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon black pepper1/4 cup ketchup. Ever heard of Porcupine Meatballs? In a large bowl, combine meat, rice, onion, 2/3 can of the condensed tomato soup, milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, parsley flakes, salt and pepper. —Darlis Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin . Nutritional data has not been calculated yet. These savory meatballs are coated in a rich and creamy tomato sauce and are perfect on top of mashed potatoes. In a large bowl, combine When the rice sticks out, these meatballs resemble a little ‘porcupine’. How to Make Porcupine Meatballs. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #underthewillow on Instagram. square baking dish. Essentially, porcupine meatballs are a spin on the traditional meatballs recipe — with rice added to the meat mince before cooking. I used to love this meal when I was growing up. A small can of mushrooms is another ingredient. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 11 x 7-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. 12 ingredients. Like all inventions, it came from necessity during the Great Depression period when people needed to come up with frugal recipes to stretch food resources. If you want to eat porcupine meat you should go to specific restaurant that are serving this rodent meat. These savory meatballs are coated in a rich and creamy tomato sauce and are perfect on top of mashed potatoes. Porcupine meat is not something you could find easily in the frozen section in your favourite supermarket. Ingredients 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice 1/2 cup water 1/3 cup chopped onion 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon celery salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 1 pound ground beef 2 tablespoons canola oil 1 can (15 ounces) tomato … I hope not. Use your hands to mix the ground beef, egg, onion, rice, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Make your mornings a little less hectic with these overnight breakfast recipes. Well, I am here to tell you that these are basically meatballs with rice in them. 10 Copycat Pizza Recipes From Famous Restaurants, 11 Ways To Make Breakfast While You Sleep. Adding the affordable and accessible rice to meatballs yielded more meatballs for less money. Porcupine burgers are another option for ground porky meat. Pin it on Pinterest HERE! Produce. Directions. Place meatballs in an ungreased 8-in. I made it at home for our children, and now my daughters make it for their families. Prep the night before and enjoy a warm, comforting meal in the morning. For instance, a regional favorite in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, where I live, is a type of meat pie called a “pastie.” Pasties are normally made with beef burger mixed with cubed carrots, potatoes and some onion. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 11 x 7-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray. 2.6k. Copyright © 1995-2020 . CDKitchen, Inc. 20:11:26:08:46:52   :C: 1 can (10.5 ounce size) tomato soup, condensed, divided, 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute, divided. Pizza night is always a favorite, especially when you have great tasting pizza from some of the most popular restaurants. Mix the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt, celery salt, garlic powder, and black pepper in a … Pin it on Pinterest. It can be substituted into any meat dish. It makes them so soft, tender and juicy all the way through! If you try out this recipe make sure to let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo, Want to save the recipe for later? The meat and broth are added to minute rice in a bowl and eaten with a spoon. Blend in salt, celery salt, … Meat. 1 lb Ground beef. When the meat is almost ready to serve, sour cream is stirred in. Here you will find tasty vegan recipes, personal growth tips, spiritual healing, and more! These well-seasoned porcupine meatballs in a rich tomato sauce are one of my mom's best main dishes. Does that wreck the fun surprise? It is important to know from where your meat comes from. I personally love the texture that the rice gives these meatballs. Bring to a boil: Once the sauce is bubbling reduce the heat. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water and onion. Roll the meat mixture into 24 balls (each about 2 heaping tablespoons and 1 inch in diameter). I originally created this as a vegan food blog in 2018 and has since grown into a place of connection to not only our bodies but ourselves. Akashic Records Reader, Spiritual Teacher, Though the recipe has dramatically changed from meat to beans, these, If you try out this recipe make sure to let me know! My question for you, is what is your favorite go-to meal? In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; shape into 12 balls.