Log in, Concise Mathematics Class 10 ICSE Solutions 2018, Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). 1. I might run. … We use the primary auxiliary ‘do’ for the present simple and the past simple and we generally only use it in questions and negative sentences. It’s getting cloudy already. I can run. (will / should / can) 2. It’s wonderful. Could you please give me the doctor’s telephone number? 4. 2. Auxiliaries: do, be, have, will. You have passed all your tests. We must slow down while driving in front of the school. Passengers _________ open the door when the train is moving. Modals (also called modal verbs, modal auxiliary verbs, modal auxiliaries) are special verbs which behave irregularly in English. Modal Auxiliaries/ Modal Verbs. John doesn’t need a calculator. You buy any. Complete the following sentences using appropriate modal auxiliaries. I don’t think that I ………………. be able to go. Auxiliary verbs - exercises. I will go to Mumbai after I ………………………… finished my work here. Online Exercises; Grammar; Modal Verbs; Modal Verbs . Download Exercise. Choose the correct auxiliary verb. He …………………. be at home. They are different from normal verbs like “work, play, visit…” They give additional information about the function of the main verb that follows it. They have a great variety of communicative functions. Be / do / have - auxiliary verbs. She _________ be at the sister’s house. You can learn. I can learn. Primary auxiliary verbs exercise. Do the exercise on modal verbs and click on the button to check your answers (Before doing the exercises you may want to read the lesson on modal verbs ) Choose the right modal verb. This grammar exercise tests your ability to use modal auxiliary verbs. So do I - Neither do I. Auxiliaries - present and past. Levels of Difficulty: Elementary Intermediate Advanced . ………………………….. you know where John lives? … It _________ rain today. We use may to express possibility. They can learn. 1. 2. not go unless you throw him out. I _________ pay for the tickets because I got them from Sam for free. You smoke. He can learn. Auxiliary verbs in questions. I can do the tasks for you. It also indicates permission: You can go to the party tonight. You _________ be very pleased with yourself. You really _________ go to the Louvre if you’re in Paris. You should wear a helmet while riding your motorbike. We have already talked about modal auxiliary and semi auxiliary verbs, in the article below we have prepared its exercises for ESL teacher or students.Attempt the following modal auxiliary & semi auxiliary verbs exercises than check the correct answers given below and compare your answers with the answers given and find your mistakes. Your email address will not be published. You _________ smoke in your car, especially if there are children sitting in the back. 3. I don’t know where Kelly is. I could run. You _________ work this evening. Auxiliary verbs - present and past. MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 19 Excretory Products and their Elimination with Answers, NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes Ex 13.4, MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 18 Body Fluids and Circulation with Answers, NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 13 Surface Areas and Volumes Ex 13.3, MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 17 Breathing and Exchange of Gases with Answers, MCQ Questions for Class 12 Economics with Answers Chapter Wise PDF Download, MCQ Questions for Class 12 Accountancy with Answers Chapter Wise PDF Download, MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 16 Digestion and Absorption with Answers, MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 15 Plant Growth and Development with Answers, MCQ Questions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 14 Respiration in Plants with Answers, Concise Mathematics Class 10 ICSE Solutions. It isn’t commonly used in positive sentences. We can learn. He had been working for more than 11 hours. He ………………. Fill in the blanks with appropriate forms of be, have and do. She ………………………….. look rather shabby. 1. I am not sure. ‘Could’ is used for a request: Could I go to the party tonight? You _________ come to the party if you don’t feel well. There are ten common modal auxiliary verbs and they are ‘can’, ‘could’, ‘will’, ‘would’, ‘shall’, ‘should’, ‘may’, ‘might’, ‘must’ and ‘ought’. He _________ do sums in his head. Modal Auxiliary Verbs Exercise. It's a hospital. Modal Auxiliary & Semi Auxiliary Verbs Exercises. The commonly used modal auxiliaries, also known as modal verbs, are as follows: Can and Could ‘Can’ states ability: I can walk to the hotel. I may run. There are plenty of tomatoes in the fridge. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate modal auxiliary verb. Be - do - have - should - would. Wrong! I ……………………… not see him last week. Correct! Modal auxiliary verbs often express the ideas of necessity and possibility. (shall / will) 3.