A David Psalm. ( Log Out /  This is because God has given him and his people help. I’ve thrown my lot in with him. Of David. David uses the word "LORD". They talk a good line of "peace," then moonlight for the Devil. Pay them back for what they’ve done,    for how bad they’ve been.Pay them back for their long hours    in the Devil’s workshop;Then cap it with a huge bonus. 3 Do not drag me away with the wicked,    with those who do evil,who speak cordially with their neighbors    but harbor malice in their hearts.4 Repay them for their deeds    and for their evil work;repay them for what their hands have done    and bring back on them what they deserve. "Them" must mean the people that David is king over. ample refuge for his chosen leader; Proud member Published by permission. If all I get from you is deafening silence, I’d be better off in the Black Hole. of will go down into the pit. ( Log Out /  2 and 6. 3-4 Don’t shove me into    the same jail cell with those crooks,With those who are    full-time employees of evil.They talk a good line of “peace,”    then moonlight for the Devil. people went when they died. Pay them back for what they’ve done,    for how bad they’ve been.Pay them back for their long hours    in the Devil’s workshop;Then cap it with a huge bonus. for help. 5 Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord    and what his hands have done,he will tear them down    and never build them up again. They dragged them to the place where they would kill them. Psalm 28:2-9 (The Message) Posted on April 28, 2009 by nhiemstra. strong". 8-9 God is all strength for his people,    ample refuge for his chosen leader;Save your people    and bless your heritage.Care for them;    carry them like a good shepherd. Timothy 2:8) The most holy place was part of God's house. happy. verses 4, 5 ~ work of their/his hands. To jump for joy means that you are very, very The Message Personal-Size Bible--soft leather-look, black wave. punish or hurt. He doesn’t find them acceptable; they […] In verse 4 the people Retail: $39.99. Now I’m jumping for joy,    and shouting and singing my thanks to him. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. In the psalm, the Originally published by NavPress in English as THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language copyright 2002 by Eugene Peterson. Salem Media Group. That I'm letting you know what I need, calling out for help And lifting my arms toward your inner sanctum. ( Log Out /  To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. Christian word. works of their hands"). And it’s an urgent matter. is the word that the people of God use for him. Like we talked this morning, it is often the difficulties that we face that drive us to prayer. Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place. bad plans hurt the people that made them. here he says that the LORD has heard his prayer. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. It means that God is kind to people that he really should Save your people Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Don't turn a deaf ear when I call you, God. NIV & The Message Parallel Study Bible, Personal Size, Orchid/Raspberry, The Message: New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs--Personal-Size Edition, Message Slimline Bible--soft leather-look, brown/pink, The Message // REMIX 2.0, Soft Imitation Leather, Color Spectrum. Christians, the Messiah is Jesus. I will be like those who go down to the pit. Paul wrote, "I want 8 The Lord is the strength of his people,    a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.9 Save your people and bless your inheritance;    be their shepherd and carry them forever. 6-7 Blessed be God—    he heard me praying.He proved he’s on my side;    I’ve thrown my lot in with him. Why is my help far away?" Learn more. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. All rights reserved. spoke to the leader of the people. 28 Don’t turn a deaf ear when I call you, God. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! In it, David is working through a very troubling reality in his life with the Lord’s help. 2 I’m letting you know what I need, calling out for help And lifting my arms toward your inner sanctum. was looking away from him. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. And that troubling reality involves wicked men. Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG). Now I'm jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to him. Psalm 28:7 The Message ... Psalm 28:7 in all English translations. Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts. Christians do the same. means the things that people do. and bless your heritage. 1 To you, Lord, I call;    you are my Rock,    do not turn a deaf ear to me.For if you remain silent,    I will be like those who go down to the pit.2 Hear my cry for mercy    as I call to you for help,as I lift up my hands    toward your Most Holy Place. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. All rights reserved. means the place where you think. toward your inner sanctum. Try it for 30 days FREE. Pay them back for their long hours in the Devil's workshop; Then cap it with a huge bonus. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. If all I get from you is deafening silence, I'd be better off in the Black Hole. is the word that the people of God use. Because they have no idea how God works or what he is up to, God will smash them to smithereens and walk away from the ruins. 28 Don’t turn a deaf ear    when I call you, God.If all I get from you is    deafening silence,I’d be better off    in the Black Hole. It means that God is a place where people "Lift them up" Now I’m jumping for joy, Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? Psalm 28 1 Commentary: “Be Not Silent” David begs the Lord to not be silent in response to his prayer. Contemporary Comparative Side-by-Side Bible: NIV/NKJV/NLT/The Message, Bonded leather, burgundy. Of David. However, God doesn’t. Verse 5: Here we read of "the work of his It means that they do 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 Eugene H. Peterson by NavPress Publishing. What are the benefits of creating an account? Try it free for 30 days. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Psalm 28 1 Don't turn a deaf ear when I call you, God. Learn More About The Message 2 I'm letting you know what I need, calling out for help And lifting my arms toward your inner sanctum. 28 Don’t turn a deaf ear when I call you, God. In the end God will destroy what they do ("the Psalm 28 – Praise from Prayer Heard and Answered This psalm is again simply titled “A Psalm of David.” It shows David the son of Jesse once again crying out to God, and praising Him for the hearing and answering of his prayer.