“My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.” He is the strength of my heart; he is mine forever! But it generally happens that men who are not exercised in the Scriptures, nor imbued with sound theology, although well acquainted with the Hebrew language, yet err and fall into mistakes even in first principles. Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. BOOK THREE: Psalms 73—89The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in GodA Psalm of #Ps. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever. 26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Try it free for 30 days. Used by permission. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. You’re all I want on earth! He is mine forever. But the confession of David is far more ample than this when he lays, so to speak, his own nothingness before God. Psalms 73:26 Context. My mind and my body may become weak. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. Lord, so many times I fail; I fall into disgrace. Accordingly, the reason why God is represented as a portion is, because he alone is abundantly sufficient for us, and because in him the perfection of our happiness consists. 24 You will guide me with Your counsel, Consumed hath been my flesh and my heart, The rock of my heart and my portion [is] God to the age. - Webster's BibleMy flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.- World English BibleConsumed hath been my flesh and my heart, The rock of my heart and my portion [is] God to the age.- Youngs Literal Bible My flesh and my heart faileth; but God is the rock of my heart and my portion for ever.- Jewish Publication Society Bible. and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. The portion of an individual is a figurative expression, employed in Scripture to denote the condition or lot with which every man is contented. All man aren't treated equally. Forever you’re all I need! God said all man are created equal. He is mine forever. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. ( M) vain, And washed my hands in innocence. As a spiritual man. I am rather disposed to think that there is here a contrast between the failing which David felt in himself and the strength with which he was divinely supplied; as if he had said, Separated from God I am nothing, and all that I attempt to do ends in nothing; but when I come to him, I find an abundant supply of strength. Try it free for 30 days. 12 Behold, these are the ungodly, Who are always at ease; They increase in riches. My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 26My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Bible Language English. - John Calvin, See all comments or add your own on Facebook. Psalms 73:26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. But God is my strength. My flesh and my levav may fail; but Elohim is the Tzur of my levav, and my chelek l’olam. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. 24Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. When my skin sags and my bones get brittle. All rights reserved. Red Letter. My mind and body may fail; but God is the rock for my mind and my portion forever. Listen to the Bible. It is highly necessary for us to consider what we are without God; for no man will cast himself wholly upon God, but he who feels himself in a fainting condition, and who despairs of the sufficiency of his own powers. He, therefore, very properly adds, that God is his portion. Though my flesh and my heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever. My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever. We meet with a similar form of expression elsewhere; but the clause immediately succeeding, God is the strength of my heart, seems to require that it should be explained differently. NKJV: New King James Version . He does not, however, mean, when he speaks of the heart failing, that the essence or substance of the soul fails, but that all the powers which God in his goodness has bestowed upon it, and the use of which it retains only so long as he pleases, fall into decay. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the rock, My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the Rock. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. New King James Version (NKJV), NKJV Word Study Bible: 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible, The NKJV, American Patriot's Bible, Hardcover: The Word of God and the Shaping of America, NKJV, Vines Expository Bible, Comfort Print: A Guided Journey Through the Scriptures with Pastor Jerry Vines, NKJV, Lucado Encouraging Word Bible, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New King James Version, NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture. Maybe my mind and body will become weak, but God is my source of strength. Read verse in New King James Version Salem Media Group. Psalm 73 :: New King James Version (NKJV) Strong's. Scripture taken from the New King James Version. 22 I was so foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You. of Scripture taken from the New King James Version. 24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Verse. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. I know not how such a silly conceit has found its way into their brains; for it is as far from David's meaning as heaven is from the earth, and it involves in it the wild notion of the Manicheans, with which Servetus was bewitched. Proud member Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. 27 For indeed, (C)those who are far from You shall perish;You have destroyed all those who [b]desert You for harlotry.28 But it is good for me to (D)draw near to God;I have put my trust in the Lord God,That I may (E)declare all Your works. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Some understand the first part of the verse as meaning that David's heart and flesh failed him through the ardent desire with which he was actuated; and they think that by it he intends to testify the earnestness with which he applied his mind to God.