Once the 15 minutes is up, lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 45 to 55 minutes. I’m featuring this post at the party this week. Hi there! Garrick is exactly correct. Crust Blessings, This is great to know- I always have fresh cream on hand, and I will use it to replace evaporated milk in the future :)I've always used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk in my pumpkin pies- after trying it once, I never went back. Great information! Easy pumpkin pie made with sweetened condensed milk and a biscoff crumb crust. Yes, if you prefer a traditional pie crust, you can use one. 55 minutes Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spice, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth; pour into crust. Press into a pie pan. No worrying about whether or not the grocery store will be out of this necessary ingredient. Instructions I use powdered milk and it works out fine. Delicious!Thanks so much for sharing :)Erinwww.yellowbirchhobbyfarm.com. Yes, it’s true. And this is where all the magic happens. Since recipes with evaporated milk also call for sugar, your pie will be sickenly sweet. It is smooth, silky, creamy and absolutely mouth-watering delicious! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party Community. A classic dessert recipe that is a must make for the holidays! If the center of the pumpkin pie jiggles, it needs more time to bake. However, there is enough to do around the holidays. Now it is time to make the filling. Nothing beats a homemade pie, and it happens to be a favorite dessert at our house. Again, this might shock you, but most of the time, I don’t make my own pie crust. If you're like me, you've found yourself in the kitchen on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning at least once, with half the ingredients for pumpkin pie already in a mixing bowl, and realizing you have no evaporated milk in the cupboard. When we get together with extended family for Thanksgiving, I’ll try a sliver, but that’s about it. Because I have fresh goat milk on hand, that's what I used. I bet that sweetened condensed milk made it taste yummy, Erin. Unlike evaporated milk, it has a high sugar content. Total Time Just mix till smooth and pour into the prepared crust. Prep Time Do this by placing your index finger behind the pie crust and use your thumb and index finger of the opposite hand to crimp the dough in place. 1 (8.8 oz) sleeve of Biscoff cookies (about 32 cookies) Thank you.Fern. Thanks for sharing at the Homestead Blog Hop! I agree, Jody. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you. Instead, I use a good-quality refrigerator pie crust that is found near the canned biscuits and crescent rolls at the grocery store. I like knowing what I can substitute for things. October 25, 2019 by Kara Cook Leave a Comment. Fiesta 10-1/4-Inch Deep Dish Pie Baker, White It works in all recipes that you need milk for. As always, feel free to email us at thefarm@owgarden.com with comments, questions, or to simply say hello! Place a baking pan filled with water on the bottom rack of your oven. Place the pumpkin pie on a cooling rack and let it completely cool for at least 2 hours. A biscoff crumb crust sets it apart from traditional pumpkin pie. After 15 minutes of baking, reduce the oven temperature and continue to bake for an additional 45-55 minutes. This article may contain affiliate links. His version was made with a graham cracker crust, but I had a package of biscoff cookies on hand and thought they would be a tasty substitution. I promise, this will become your favorite pumpkin pie recipe of all time! Print I was right, they were a perfect compliment to the pumpkin filling. Now place the pie in the preheated oven. Place a baking dish filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn a small amount from your purchase, no cost to you. However, when you go to the grocery, be sure to purchase 100% Pumpkin Puree and NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling. The result is a dense, creamy, ultra-concentrated milk that can be canned and stored for several months. Then mix everything together and then add in the pumpkin puree and evaporated milk. Nutrition Information: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Finely crush biscoff cookies in a food processor or blender. And who has time to go to the store last-minute and fight the crowd? I have never made a pumpkin pie but have been wanting to give it a go, thanks for the ideas, I prefer to use real ingredients too. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can substitute 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and a dash of ground cloves. 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree Pie is one of my favorite desserts, but truth be told, pumpkin pie has never been my favorite. Going to town takes over an hour for me - the drive there, fighting my way through the big box store, and driving home. Be sure to finely chop the zest so that you don’t get large pieces or see the zest when the pumpkin pie is baked. I have made mine with cream before and it was tasty. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Recommended Products Hi. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Filling: Cook Time pumpkin puree (plain pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling), sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk, 1 (8.8 oz) sleeve of Biscoff cookies (about 32 cookies). So very tasty! 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice Most grocery stores are closed, although the trend these days is that some are open in the morning, but I think that's unfair to the employees. Thank you for stopping by. Thanks! After one bite, I told him it was the best pumpkin pie I’d ever tasted! Serving Size: 1 Sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk start out in much the same way, as concentrated milk that has been cooked in a high heat environment to remove most of the water naturally in the milk. ","position":2,"name":"Press crumbs into the bottom and up the...","url":"https:\/\/www.creationsbykara.com\/pumpkin-pie-with-sweetened-condensed-milk\/#mv_create_74_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spice, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth; pour into crust.