Alex said, "Alas! Reported Speech Reported Statements When do we use reported speech? Direct and indirect speech for esl. Reported Speech. February 25, 2016 - Sentences are given in direct speech. He said I have bought a new car. www.iqbalkalmati.blogspot.com. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. In direct speech we repeat the original speaker’s exact words: He said, “I have lost my umbrella.” Remarks thus repeated are placed between inverted commas, and a comma is placed immediately before the … Directions (1-30): In the following questions, a Sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Examples: Prepared By:. Reported Questions Exercise Author: Bob Subject: This is a print-out exercise about reported questions in English Keywords: estilo indirecto, reported speech, printable grammar exercises Created Date: 10/1/2010 4:49:53 PM > “Alaska is very cold.” Roberto … me what time it was. ..... 2 He said to her, "I love you." Online Exercises Grammar . The first is direct speech when we express what the speaker said as it is and the second is indirect speech where we express what was said in our words. Reported Statements Mixed Exercise Change this direct speech into reported speech: 1. DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH (With Rules and Examples). “I was waiting for the bus when he arrived” She told me _____ 5. REPORTED SPEECH: Present Simple Use Reported Speech to complete the sentences below. Janaki said, ‘I have been reading this book.’ 4. *FOUR questions have 2 possible answers! Reported Speech Reported Statements When do we use reported speech? 5 Francesca said (that) she would bring a pasta salad. Adjective and Adverbs - Downloadable PDF Worksheets for English Language Learners - Intermediate Level (B1) Home / B1 / Grammar / Reported Speech Reported Speech (B1) “I’m coming!” She said _____ 4. 1. “We went out last night” She told me _____ 3. Our teacher said Alaska … cold. If this verb is in the present tense, it's easy. He said, "I have bought a new car" He said that I have bought a new car. “ I’d never been there before” She said _____ 6. 4 He said (that) they had lived there for three years. “I was waiting for the bus when he arrived” She told me _____ 5. ENGLISH GRAMMAR Reported Speech 1 REPORTED SPEECH DIRECT AND INDIRECT (OR REPORTED) SPEECH. The teacher said to the boys, ‘Have you done your homework?’ 2. A Convert the phrases below into reported speech. He said that he had bought a new car. Reported Statements Mixed Exercise Change this direct speech into reported speech: 1. But, first of all, by the time you are here in reported speech, you must have known the exact definition of reported speech. Answers 1 She said (that) it was raining. She said, "Vow! This master page contains online reported speech exercises PDF with all Tense forms, Sentences types, Mixed, advanced, easy, interactive, pdf download for all class students and levels. NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English will help you to write better answers in your Class 10 exams. Change them into indirect speech. Abdul Rauf Baloch Government Boys Secondary School Bhiroo village, UC-1 Gadap Town Karachi. what a good watch it is" Wonder She exclaimed with wonder that it was a good watch. Out of the Four alternatives suggested, select the one which best Expresses the same sentence in Direct/Indirect and mark Your answer. Reported speech : worksheets pdf, printable exercises, handouts. “I’m coming!” She said _____ 4. 2 He told her (that) he loved her. “We went out last night” She told me _____ 3. Later, maybe we want to tell someone else what the first person said. Wonder Alex expressed with wonder that it was the cool weather. 3 Carlos said (that) he saw/had seen María in the supermarket the previous day. 1 "It's raining," she said. > “What time is it?” 9. 1. Sometimes someone says a sentence, for example "I'm going to the cinema tonight". “ I’d never been there before” She said _____ 6. If this verb is in the present tense, it's easy. INTRODUCTION There are two ways of relating what a person has said: direct and indirect. 2. RS002 - Reported Speech - Questions Intermediate; RS003 - Reported Speech - Questions Intermediate; RS004 - Reported Speech - Indirect Commands Intermediate . When we say things that have been said, we use two ways of expressing it. I have failed the exam" Sorrow Alex expressed with sorrow that he had failed the exam. a) ask a) if it was very b) asks b) was very c) asked c) very 2. All downloads are in PDF Format and consist of a worksheet and answer sheet to check your results. Here's how it works: We use a reporting verb like 'say' or 'tell'. Sometimes someone says a sentence, for example "I'm going to the cinema tonight". solved reported speech pdf assignment. Ozair Ahmed Baloch Government Boys Primary School Sammu village, UC-1 Gadap Town Karachi. Alex said, "How cool the weather is!" The little girl asked the man, ‘Will you help me?’ 3. Reported Speech Exercises https://directindirectspeech.com Page 1 Mixed Reported Speech Exercise Solved Mcqs Direct and Indirect speech exercise notes solved with answers free download pdf. Reported Speech Exercises for Class 10 CBSE With Answers Pdf. Direct and Indirect Speech Exercises with Answers PDF. Reported Speech Exercises for Class 9 CBSE With Answers Pdf. Reported speech worksheet. Levels of Difficulty : Elementary Intermediate Advanced . Typed By:. If not, then surely you have missed the best part of our “He works in a bank” She said _____ 2. Mother said to the daughter, ‘Go and change your dress.’ 5. Later, maybe we want to tell someone else what the first person said. 1. Here's how it works: We use a reporting verb like 'say' or 'tell'. “He works in a bank” She said _____ 2.