I find this the perfect microphone for run and gun shooting outside churches, at receptions etc. Check out our list of cameras that deliver plug-in power here. The microphones were originally created at the request of Pelle Almqvist of The Hives to match their on-stage attire.[26]. Das Audiokabel des VideoMic Pro (und Stereo VideoMic Pro) ist ein leichtgewichtiges Kabel mit zwei Adern und einer verdrillten Schirmung. The NTG3 was released in 2008, providing Røde with a premium true condenser shotgun microphone, featuring RF bias technology to allow the microphone to continue operation in humid and cold conditions. The V is ultra-compact and lightweight. It features two ½” cardioid condenser capsules, fixed in a 90-degree alignment to allow for XY stereo recording. I previously owned the Rode Video Mic and was impressed by the quality, price, and sound so once I heard the Pro was announced I jumped on it. The safety channel should ideally be used to replace the small piece of audio that has clipped, and it’s best to blend the audio in and out quickly to reduce any noticeable quality change. With only half an inch in length and a weight of three ounces, you're adding very little weight to your camera while gaining superior sound. This includes personalizing content and advertising. In December 2016, SoundField Limited was acquired by Freedman Electronics. Your EOS has no option to control the sound level but this mic does; we turned it down to -10dB when recording loud music, but when recording quiet talking, we turned it up to +20dB for superb signal-to-noise handling. Even the shockmount has been updated and shrunk to make whatever rig you are putting it on that much tighter and lighter without sacrificing quality sound... For the new size of the device and the features it has, it's well worth the extra money. All rights reserved. Again, the 3-way level control in the microphone offers -10dB, 0dB, and +20dB modes, that allows to set the perfect level irrespective of what device the mic is connected to. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to use their DSLRs for video. The VideoMic NTG also features a power button, so that it can be manually powered on and off. Even the shockmount has been updated and shrunk to make whatever rig you are putting it on that much tighter and lighter without sacrificing quality sound... For the new size of the device and the features it has, it's well worth the extra money. The Pro is a completely different design, with a new suspension rig, which ensures camera noise doesn’t vibrate up to and get recoded by the microphone. It’s also lighter with the new model being 85g compared to the VideoMic’s 176g. Have to say I'm liking the mic a lot already. It's like on a scale of 1 to 10, the VideoMic was a 9 and the Pro model is a 10. (The Sennheiser equivalent has these controls on its side where they are easily missed.) This means you don’t have to worry about using TRS to TRRS adaptor cables – the SC10 cable that accompanies the VideoMic NTG will work seamlessly with any device. This service does not relate to Videoguys Australia's internal order processing. 96%, "Best of Test". The sleek and compact shock mount doesn't get in the way of performance, nor does it dominate the top of the camera. VideoMic Pro VideoMic Pro Quickstart Guide (multi-lingual), Wenn Sie Fragen oder ein Problem mit dem VideoMic Pro haben, springen Sie zu unserer Kontaktseite, um die Adresse des für Sie zuständigen Vertriebs ausfindig zu machen, Miniklinke/3,5mm Stereo-Verlängerungskabel (3m), Schauen Sie sich unsere VideoMic Pro Video-Playlist an, We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. Pressing this once will engage the 75Hz high-pass filter (left Led illuminates). If you have an existing Videoguys account please log in first to keep all your transactions under a single account, otherwise continue on to PayPal. Absolutely fantastic product and couldn't be happier with it! Wenn man ihn dann nach hinten zieht, legen sich die beiden Laschen über dem Windschutz übereinander. Directional Condenser Microphone. I’m extremely glad to see that the on switch and all the filter controls are still at the back of the camera, where they are easily seen. All RØDE microphones are tested extensively for interference from a wide range of devices. Variable Pattern Dual 1" Condenser Valve Microphone. (The Sennheiser equivalent has these controls on its side where they are easily missed.) The larger VideoMic was already a superb microphone, and the VideoMic Pro, although much smaller, was as directional in it’s sound gathering and just as clear in picking up all the detail in the voice. Røde began producing software in 2013, releasing the Røde Rec (and free Røde Rec LE) app for Apple's iOS devices. Indie Filmmaker's Pro Shotgun Solution For quick reference NO FBA reseller (FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON) on Amazon is authorized. Pair this up with a Zoom H1/H4n and you've got a pro audio solution comparable to most industry standard audio solutions. Rode seems to have been listening and recently launched the much smaller VideoMic Pro. Even when doing dual audio, I still use the VideoMic Pro on a second body when shooting dual cameras (which I often do); this allows for a sound backup but also for a much cleaner audio track to synchronise externally recorded audio with. The biggest feature of the microphone that sets it clear above its predecessor is the fact it has a built in attenuation and boost functionality to work with a wide variety of situations and equipment. The sound is a gigantic improvement over the onboard mic. The Sennheiser has these controls on it’s side where they are easily missed. On top of this, the 3.5mm jack doubles as a headphone output for seamless monitoring of audio while using the USB output. The VideoMic NTG has great radio interference (RF) rejection. Both feature a permanently polarised ½” condenser capsule, with the NTG2 accepting a battery power source in addition to phantom power. Add to this an incredibly flat frequency response, highly directional supercardioid polar pattern, and very low self-noise, and what you have is a compact on-camera microphone that contends with the world’s best shotgun mics. I’ve been personally using this microphone since and have been getting pretty good results. Unfortunately previous generations of the VideoMic Pro are incompatible with the new Rycote Lyre onboard shock mounting system. Its small enough to fit in my cmaera bag and sounds as good or better than the Rode NTG-2. I own both the VideoMic and VideoMic Pro and the Pro model is such a nice upgrade. Absolutely fantastic product and couldn't be happier with it! The VideoMic NTG features the same annular line tube technology as the NTG5, which employs acoustic perforations along the length of the microphone in place of the linear slots found in other shotguns and on-camera microphones. Røde first introduced small diaphragm condenser microphones into its product range in 2000 with the NT3, which featured an end-address ¾” cardioid condenser capsule. The shock mount does, however, do a great job of protecting the microphone from vibration that can cause audio blips, such as when the tripod is bumped accidentally. Thank you for your continued support—stay safe and be well during these uncertain times. If anything, the VideoMic Pro seemed to make a little less background hiss in the quite times, as the camera turned up the gain automatically. The super-cardioid directional abilities of the shotgun mic amplify cleaner audio from the source while reducing ambient noise. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera. In late 2012, the Reporter, a handheld interview microphone with an omnidirectional dynamic capsule, was released.[21]. The Rode VideoMic Pro is a shotgun microphone that has been designed to be used with camcorders, DSLR cameras as well as portable audio recorders. 100% Australian Stock + Warranty-Express Delivery! The auto-power feature was first introduced to the VideoMic range with the VideoMic Pro+. With only half an inch in length and a weight of three ounces, you're adding very little weight to your camera while gaining superior sound. It is just the right size now and when mounted, it doesn’t stick out the back. It also added the Valve Classic and NTV microphones to its range. It is a handy function that automatically turns the microphone off when it detects that the camera is switched off, helping conserve battery life, and turns it on when the camera is turned on, so that you never have to worry about missing a take.