Pour the oil in a skillet and let it heat. 5. chopped fresh Return to saucepan and set back on burner. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Terms of Use Do not peel them! Very little prep involved. Eye catching side dish for a party or family dinner. Very little prep involved. allow to cook covered for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are at the desired softness. Peel the onions and julien cut* them. 1. wash and cut 1-2 slits in each potato to allow flavor to reach the inside of the potato, 2. add olive oil to a medium pot or dutch oven and heat for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Cut each in four and put them in a pot to boil. Place unpeeled potatoes in a large wide saucepan. Blog 7. St. Joseph Communications uses cookies for personalization, to customize its online advertisements, and for other purposes. © Copyright 2020 St. Joseph Communications. Add potatoes to pot, reduce heat and cover. | Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Fennel And Rosemary, Baked Sweet Potatoes With Onions And Lime Butter, DRUNKEN ROASTED PEARS WITH BLUE CHEESE, CRANBERRIES AND HONEY. 2 kg Author Network Learn how your comment data is processed. ; 1 tbs Sweet paprika; 1 tbs soaked dry rosemary â I soaked it for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes were ready; ½ tsp ground pepper; ½ tsp sea salt Your email address will not be published. mixed baby red and white I do all of this with a chef's knife. If the barbecue is going to be in full swing, consider a quickie that can be done on the stove-top, such as these boiled baby potatoes. I have about a sack full of baby potatoes from my boyfriend’s parents garden so I have to eat in this period a lot more potatoes that I usually eat, because I don’t want them to spoil. | | Mix the potatoes with the onions and that’s it! 3. add onions and garlic to pot and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until onions look shiny and partially cooked. 7 Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes You Need In Your Life, 5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes, Including Fondue Mac & Cheese, 38 Easy, Make-Ahead Holiday Appetizer Recipes. Keep side dishes simple when you’re entertaining a crowd. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. Create your own group to share recipes and discuss them with other chefs! Simple Boiled Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs This is one easy boiled potatoes recipe with a tasty Mediterranean twist! Your email address will not be published. Boiled potatoes with onion and rosemary Recipe, 1 tbs Maize oil (or any other oil except non frying ones). Preheat grill to highest setting. Unique way of cooking up a classic side dish. Know someone who would make a great member of CookEatShare? Heat a saucepan of water until boiling and then par-boil the diced potato for 4-5 minutes. I wanted something cooked but cooked fast and the word “potatoes” popped into my mind. Bite sized potatoes. Taste and add more salt, if needed. For more tasty sides check out our homestyle green bean recipe! Author Network Blog. View mobile site For best flavor, allow chicken stock, butter, salt and pepper to come to a boil and simmer for about 2-3 minutes before adding potatoes. Let them settle for another 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, butter, potatoes, salt and pepper to pot. Feedback Abuse Prevention Month #endbeforeitstarts. Then chop the onion in half vertically and cut thin slices of onion on an angle from the outside toward the middle (about a 10 degree angle should be fine). Wash the potatoes and remove any trace of dirt. | rosemary , or 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled. Season and toss together until well-coated. About Once potatoes are cooked, turn into a colander and drain well. Cut off both the top and root part of the onion and peel it. They’re ready in 20 minutes, and all they need is butter and herbs. Invite them! Great served hot or at room temperature. Bite sized potatoes. Add the onions and stir occasionally so they won’t stick. Baby potatoes ( other potatoes with smooth, thin skin work as well); Onion â I used about 4 big onions for 20 small potatoes, you can use as much as you like it depends only on how many potatoes you want to cook. Ladle out of pot, garnish with rosemary and enjoy. Required fields are marked *. Turn onto a large platter. Enjoy! After 5 minutes add the paprika, ground pepper, salt and dry rosemary, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Boiled New Potatoes Unique way of cooking up a classic side dish. Cover with water. Bash up rosemary leaves with pestle and mortar (or back of knife). Drain and stir through wholegrain mustard and rosemary with a fork. potatoes, 3 tbsp Method. This dish was very tasty! Baby potatoes have a very thin peel and it does not bother, on the contrary the texture is very nice. Add butter and sprinkle with rosemary and salt. 6. allow to cook covered for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are at the desired softness. Wash and cut 1-2 slits in each potato to allow flavor to reach the inside of the potatoes, Add olive oil to a medium pot or dutch oven and heat for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. November 20, 2017 By Paula Leave a Comment. Gently stir until evenly coated. Meanwhile, chop fresh rosemary. Add onions and garlic to pot and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until onions look shiny and partially cooked. In roasting pan, heat about 1/4 cup olive oil; add garlic, potatoes, and rosemary. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and gently boil until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. If the barbecue is going to be in full swing, consider a quickie that can be done on the stove-top, such as these boiled baby potatoes.