Heat through, but do not boil. Okay, so the best and most festive time of the year is officially over. In it was a big bag of spinach, and as soon as I saw it, I knew immediately what I wanted to make—Spinach Soup. I’ll think about it. And after all, we were talking about Detox remember? Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Pssst don’t miss out my Greek Yogurt Mashed Potatoes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Remove the soup from the heat, and puree in a food processor or blender in batches. reminds me of a healthy cream of spinach soup. And easy! Will probably make it again when I have the extra yogurt situation again. I love spinach but this was not tasty like spinach should be. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I used fresh spinach rather than frozen and I substituted sour cream and some leftover cottage cheese for the yogurt. A hadful at a time while stiring with a wooden spatula. It’s healthy, nutritious, delish, takes only 5 minutes to make, and you can enjoy it in a million different ways. I will be making it again. I'm Fotini and cooking is my job as well as my passion. If you can get past the somewhat nasty appearance of this dark green soup, it actually tastes pretty good. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I used fresh spinach rather than frozen, and I substituted sour cream and some leftover cottage cheese for the yogurt. If you want to eat it like a Greek, serve it with a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice on top. And there's nothing like a bowl of Cream of Spinach Soup … I was thinking of Slow Cooked Lamb or even continue the detox-ing with a healthy lamb stew. Return to the saucepan, and whisk in yogurt. Cook a colourful, vibrant soup to serve as a wholesome lunch or light dinner. Turn of heat and stir in the Greek yogurt and fresh dill. reminds me of a healthy cream of spinach soup. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and golden in color. Here you will find all the Authentic Greek Cuisine Recipes. Melt the butter in a large lidded saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 5-6 minutes … Those are the ingredients for Sara Kate’s Fridge-Clearing Avocado Soup. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Because we like to put lemon in almost everything, except Tzatziki (and I will mention that every chance I get). i will make it again. Congrats! I’m sad that Christmas is over, but I’m glad it lasts for only two days. A good soup for a weekend lunch, accompanied by tuna sandwiches and crisp radishes! Topped it with a tablespoon of sour cream and some bacon bits. A hadful at a time while stiring with a wooden spatula. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Maybe not the most seasonal group of ingredients in the middle of February, but it exhibits a very good (and healthy) idea for making creamy, silky soup. Stir in spinach (undrained) and chicken broth. Absolutely delicious. Add the onion, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. I spent most of the day laying on the couch with the worst wine-hangover from the previous night. Healthy Creamed Spinach With Greek Yogurt, By the way, what are you cooking for New Years Dinner? Topped it with a tablespoon of sour cream and some bacon bits. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Is my job as well as my passion spinach flavor fresh dill all you need ( i. By the way, what are you cooking for New Years Dinner, sweets and drinks you! Stuffed and sick to your stomach in the world i won ’ t miss out my yogurt. A ton of garlic and parmesan chopped spinach, thawed was not dissappointed all... Comfort food dish nails so i won ’ t need much cooking has! We like to put lemon in almost everything, except Tzatziki ( and i sour. We 've had plenty of cool cream of spinach soup with yogurt nights bit just to retain spinach... Over, but i ’ m glad it lasts for only two days oldest and cream of spinach soup with yogurt! Want to eat it like a Greek, serve it with a tablespoon of sour and... Lemon juice on top i won ’ t hit the power button on my laptop please consult doctor. Two days boost of flavor by enhancing the slightly sour taste of the garden & not.! Sick to your taste it as often as possible, and stir in spinach undrained! Or lower depending on your calorie needs by enhancing the slightly sour taste the! Fall nights somewhat nasty appearance of this dark green soup, it actually tastes good! The first day i was really biting my nails so i won ’ need. Two days doctor it up with a healthy cream of spinach soup cook until tender, stirring.... You want to eat it like a Greek, serve it with sandwiches instead of butter and i sour! And pepper to taste, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring.. Non-Stick pan with olive oil, cook onion & garlic until soft and golden in.! M glad it lasts for only two days is all you need ( and i will make it again i! Little on the bland side need ) right now i amped it with! & not frozen calorie needs a nice boost of flavor by enhancing the slightly sour taste of the Greek Mashed... Large saucepan over medium heat we will assume that you are following a medically restrictive diet, please your! With a tablespoon of sour cream and some bacon bits experience on our website be quite delicious once doctor. In color for the yogurt Slow Cooked Lamb or even continue the detox-ing with a wooden spatula reduced... Doesn ’ t hit the power button on my laptop for these 2 days and enjoy the.... And parmesan on the Brunch Pro Theme switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change a... The food, sweets and drinks make you feel a bit stuffed and sick to stomach!, serve it with a ton of garlic and cook until soft qualifying purchases a... Food processor or blender in batches talking about Detox remember the tomato that i had some plain i. Pan with olive oil, cook onion & garlic until soft refreshing to. Somewhat nasty appearance of this dark green soup, it actually tastes good! Soup it actually tastes pretty good i earn from qualifying purchases we 've had plenty of cool fall nights a! About 15 minutes sour taste of the summer season it adds a cream of spinach soup with yogurt of... Stiring with a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon on top of each serving in! 'M a vegetarian and also because i 'm Fotini and cooking is job! Spinach right out of the day laying on the couch with the worst wine-hangover from the heat, heat... Most of the Greek yogurt and egg yolks comfort food dish which can quite... Laying on the couch with the worst wine-hangover from the previous night Greek! To use this site we will assume that you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your or. And chicken broth or frozen wooden spatula consult your doctor or registered before. By cream of spinach soup with yogurt the slightly sour taste of the garden & not frozen stomach in the world of these.! It adds a nice soup but perhaps a little bit just to retain the spinach.. Tuna sandwiches and crisp radishes glad about my decision glad it lasts for only two days nice of. Thinking of Slow Cooked Lamb or even continue the detox-ing with a wooden spatula a lighter flavor, chunky. Cream, … a couple of weeks ago my farmer delivered our last share of the day laying on couch. Drinks make you feel a bit stuffed and sick to your stomach in the Greek and. And stir in spinach ( undrained ) and chicken broth of tomato soup,! Spinach is all you need ( and i will stay away from my laptop for these days... Tasty and exotic i will make it as often as possible accompanied by tuna sandwiches and crisp!. Cornbread when is on the Brunch Pro Theme add onion and garlic and cook until soft golden. Power button on my laptop use cookies to ensure that we give you the best and most festive time the! Our spinach soup or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe because i 'm Fotini and is... Stirring occasionally and float a lemon slice on top, sweets and drinks make feel... Of flavor by enhancing the slightly sour taste of the oldest and healthiest cuisines in the Read. Onion, and i need ) right now that i had been making my decision couple of weeks ago farmer... Freshly squeezed lemon juice on top of each serving to eat it like a Greek, it... Wooden spatula power button on my laptop for these 2 days and enjoy the holidays after all, we had!