Using the tangzhong method, I modified the pretty neat recipe for bo luo baos found here, and incorporated the salted egg yolk filling found here (p.s. Drooling looking at your liu sa bao :). 2) ... but not too long until they explode - so please test the timing with one bun first! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. this was the recipe I used for liu sha baos previously). Place 400g Hong Kong flour, 60g caster sugar, 4g baking powder and 4g instant yeast. Hi there. Have substitute the milk powder with creamer powder. Hi Ivy, Different recipes use different composite! Place the dough on a floured surface. Serve immediately. Remove cookie topping from the freezer, and divide into 12 portions (approx. Beware! A liu sha bao is basically a salted egg yolk custard bun – a steamed bun with a savoury-sweet custard flowing out upon the first bite. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Hehe! If so how much should i use since it will be in loquid form compared to custard which is powder. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! I'm happy that both molten custard filling that I have used at my. SingHealth 2020: Defining Tomorrow’s Medicine, 4 watches that capture that Parisian je ne sais quoi. Place the sugar, salt, oil, and water in the bottom of the bread machine pan. The Perfect Ultra Soft Blueberry Chiffon Cake - maximally loaded with blueberries HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Btw Zoe, can i change the canola oil to shortening ? These are my favorites at dim sum...I cannot leave dim sum without having this buns filled with the creamy running, sweet, savory filling...yours look decadent...perfect!Have a great week Zoe :D. You are always introducing me to something new! Any dim sum place worth its salt will feature their take on the perennial crowd pleasing salted egg custard buns. Mission possible - My homemade Liu Sha Bao! Looking for the BEST Copycat Crispy Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies (Part Two - Two recipes). Liu Sha Bao / Chinese Molten Salted Egg Custard Steamed Buns 流沙包 Again! Gorgeous! 4 To make the dough, combine all the ingredients for it in a large bowl and mix until smooth – about 20min by hand, or 10min in an electr ic mixer fitted with a dough hook. 1/4 tsp baking powder I just wanted to know if you have the recipes in Cups instead? Never mind chicken egg or otherwise, as long as is turns out great. I have tried make this bao twice and both result is taste good but not in good shape ( the bao flatten down even during the proofing time) so when making this bao for the second time, I tried to skip the proofing part. Easy! Hold your thumb and index finger in a C shape, and rest the dough over this arc. ( Log Out /  2 Mash the yolks with a fork, or whizz them in a food processor, until they’re fine and crumbly. You make me so happy on this Monday morning! Mine is an electric steamer and so the heat is not so high. Add in 80g unsalted butter, 70g icing sugar, 30g custard powder, 35g milk powder and 50ml evaporated milk. Makes 12, Salted Egg Yolk Filling I'm sure my hubby would eat al least 1/2 a dozen of them! only for the filling not the bun ... i just dont know why my bun alwys cant be as fluffy as the shop out there ... do visit my blog and i quoted you inside , hope you dont mind. Hi LT, Mix until smooth. Your baos look incredible Zoe - the filling is amazing! I am happy to see you in this comment area, as you have read through my recipe. Great technique freezing the filling. Hi,The warm mist creates a warm and nice environment for the yeast to produce gas to fluff up the bao texture while resting. Feeling down? If not, it will leak during steaming. Can the custard baos be made at night then freeze till I want to eat them next day by steaming? Extra salted egg yolks? Just stunning Zoe! Or even amount of heat that we steamed our buns or maybe the weather of the day... LOL! I will certainly keep it in mind. Already bought new duck eggs will try it out again. Why not buy it from the nearest supermarket? This is how the fillings keep their shapes before steaming. I didn’t succeed exactly because my liu sha didn’t liu (i.e. Yay!http://cheemei27.blogspot.sg/2015/08/blog-post_31.html?m=0. The dough is now ready for the next step. See, Now selling at S$29.96 / RM79.90 at major Singapore / Malaysia book shops, molten custard filling (with custard powder), my favourite steamed bun recipe (with proving before and after shaping). I like t. Divide into 12 portions (approx. I hope that you will have fun trying out this recipe. Even before steamed it, the bao shape already start to be flattened and not rise well. Cheers!Zoe, Zoe, after year later I tried again, this time very successful. :p. Here are the recipes that I have tried... No cornflour and coconut milk are required in this simplified filling recipe. Salted Egg Yolk Filling Make at least a few hours ahead 4 salted egg yolks 60g unsalted butter, softened 40g icing sugar 30g custard powder 55g milk powder 5g cornflour 30ml water. If your cake flour is unbleached, your bao will not be white like the ones made with Hong Kong flour (which is bleached).Cheers!Zoe.