Thinly-slice the white/light green parts. It is a very versatile recipe that you can use any combination of fresh vegetables you want or have on hand in your refrigerator. Directions Step 1 © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I doubled the recipe for our family of 8, and it made generous portions, so everyone was satisfied, but there were no leftovers! This is pretty much like the shrimp lo mein you buy at an Asian takeout place. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a53595/shrimp-broccoli-lo-mein-recipe It tasted like black licorice. Tell us what you think! Share. No. Add the sauce to the pan with the vegetables and bring to a simmer. Fun read: want to learn more about Chinese egg noodle styles? For the lo mein: Heat a wok over high heat. While the pasta water is coming to a boil, chop, and prep all the veggies; this dish cooks up fast, have them ready when needed. Thanks, Donna. lol, We really like this Shrimp Lo Mein..taste really good. Cook Time 20 minutes. I used tofu instead of shrimp and bean sprouts instead of snap peas. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. If you do want to reduce the sodium content, you can substitute low sodium soy sauce for the light soy sauce. cornstarch, water, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger and pepper flakes Boil lo mein noodles in a pot of lightly-salted water for 3-5 minutes, until al dente. The photos looked so good that I decided to give it a go. Made this for dinner in order to avoid turning on the oven in the heat. Whisk chicken broth, sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, … The best part is it is healthy without sacrificing flavor. Don't subscribe I'm Amanda, and I love to create gourmet, seasonal recipes for every day and entertaining (sometimes, with a splash of bourbon, too). Return shrimp to the pan; cook 1 minute more. A Variety of Chinese Noodle Recipes. Recipe and photo reuse terms here. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. extra soy sauce, chili oil, and/or rice vinegar. This shrimp lo mein is easy to prepare and tastes wonderful! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Traditionally Lo Mein is a variation of wonton noodles where all the components including the noodles are served separately. Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CCPA). Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook pasta per package instructions; drain well. Drizzle a large skillet with sesame oil. Heat a wok or large (12-inch) skillet over high heat until very hot. You can use chicken instead of shrimp, or even both for a delicious mix. For the noodles: Bring a pot of water to a boil, and then add the noodles and cook until al dente, 3 minutes. Add the bok choy and red bell pepper, stir to combine well. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. This is so easy to make and I bet it is done before your usual delivery person can arrive. 695 calories; protein 31.2g 62% DV; carbohydrates 102.8g 33% DV; fat 17g 26% DV; cholesterol 145.8mg 49% DV; sodium 1333.5mg 53% DV. My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Toss gently with tongs to combine. Cook and stir shrimp and garlic in hot oil until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 5 minutes. I will be making this again and again. I agree with cutting the sugar and I used Teriyaki in place of the Housin sauce. Hey! This may look like a lot of sauce, but you have a lot of noodles and veggies to coat! Share. I use the 26/30 count size in this recipe. Thank you! Remove from the pan and set aside. Yummy! Did you try this recipe? Heat olive oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Read More. I like to serve lo mein fairly quickly after stir-frying so that the vegetables are at their freshest and crispest. This quick and easy shrimp lo mein is guaranteed to satisfy your take-out craving in less than 30 minutes in your very own kitchen. This takes a few minutes, so make sure you plan ahead. Shrimp lo mein with three vegetables: Bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and red pepper lend flavor to this seafood noodle dish. Read More ➞, © Copyright 2014-2020. Another great recipe from to add to my repertoire. It won’t be authentic to takeout, but it’s an option if you’re unable to source Lo mein noodles. Season to taste with additional soy sauce and ground white pepper, if desired. You can find them fresh, frozen, or dried. 1 ½ cups uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined. I used that same recipe and added some shrimp, per David’s request. Remove shrimp from skillet to a bowl and return pan to heat. Hi, my name is Debbie, Author and Photographer at The Mountain Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life.