Excellent piece of kit. Pretty much plug and play. Also, the carrying case could be a tad larger to make it feel like I wasn't jamming everything in. I purchased this microphone in order to record podcasts, meetings, etc., and I could not believe the quality this mic produces. Shure has managed to impress me once again for sound quality, after experiences with the SM7, Beta 58, and of course, the ol" faithful 57, but they"ve proven themselves even further with this little puffball. Compact case is a nice bonus. So after a long debate I decided to go with a company I trust and Shure got my vote. Easy to set up with the app. This is a great mic for recording ideas that you"ll later take to a studio. It may become my go-to for recording vocals in my songs using the Mid-Side mode. However, the Shure app is a great addition and will be fun to play with as we start using the microphone in a variety of ways. With this pandemic it's a new world for all musicians and singers and Sweetwater is helping our band Deep River stay ahead of the curve! I haven't tried recording some live performances yet but I will when I can. Portable and so simple to use when you download the app. The sound app and the video app work well. Only thing I wish it had was a way to plug it in without having to take my phone out of its case. Over the last decade I’ve reviewed quite a number of hand–held digital recorders, but I suspect that their market is shrinking fast, thanks to microphone manufacturers making recording attachments like the MV88 for iPhones and other mobiles. Now my drum videos sound professional. I clipped the iphone with the mic attached to a microphone stand in front of the band. This is a huge pain and seems like something so simple that they could've added. Starting with what you get with the mic, it’s rare that a manufacturer includes a suite of accessories in the box – but that’s exactly what Shure’s done with the MV88+ Video Kit. I am a professional saxophone player and I play in several loud funk, jazz and rock bands. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. I recorded my guitar and voice within minutes and had a great sounding video to share. The mic surprised me in a good way. Visit our corporate site. The customizable five-band EQ gives you scope to tune the nuances of the mic’s highs and lows in the recording phase nicely, and the option to swap left and right channels is handy too, potentially saving the need to edit sound in post-production. Having a great quality iOS mic to use for taking video of my band practices has been amazing! This page works best with JavaScript. I also use it for podcasting. Digital Camera World is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. The wave of the future. The MOTIV Audio app makes it easy enough to tweak the mic's preamp parameters like gain, compression, and stereo/mono configuration. $149.95. But I gotta say, the audio on this thing sounds SO good. I can easily adjust the balance between the band and my sax by changing the polar pattern. When my search brings me to something that sounds fantastic, with software elements programmed to function with Apple"s VoiceOver screen reader, I will always sing praises for the developers. Often, however, we just use the normal iPhone voice memo thing because there is no option to bounce and convert your audio file to an MP3 within the app. The sound was awful, though, picking up all surrounding sounds as well as the music. Shure has a companion Android and iOS app called Shure Motiv. The windscreen was a bit deceptive. Shure MOTIV MV88 Digital... Apple. I have always hated the sound of my saxophone through the built in iPhone mic because the mic can't handle the volume and subtle nuances of attack and release of a saxophone tone. Android phones won’t all give you the same assurance. But even with airplane mode enabled to kill the cellular and bluetooth off, I got about 20 minutes of battery life. The sofware also allows for mild to strong limiting and allows for audio frequency adjustments through a built-in equalizer. Great sound. The sound quality as as good (even better in a couple of ways) than the equipment that had died. Final Thoughts & Rating; ShurePlus Motiv iOS App. The unit works well enough. If I had a criticism is that it may be a bit thin on the bass frequencies & the microphone won't plug in using a case so you have to take the iPhone or iPad out of the case to use it. With iOS, the default camera app can record video, coupled with audio from Shure’s microphone – and there’s a very good chance it’ll sound great. Manufacturers like Huawei are doing their bit to address the low-light issue with phones like the P30 Pro, but what about sound quality? We wanted a good mic to pick up live music in venues and practices. The Shure MV88 mic is definitely an improvement over the built in mic on my I pad. I would buy this product again and recommend it. Just had a bit of trouble with the free software from apple that I downloaded to record. In our awesomeness score Blue Yeti ranks #21 out of 248 and Shure MV88 ranks #73 out of 248. $149. So easy to use and the sound quality is phenomenal at this price. I would highly recommend this unit for Live Band situations. Granted, the VP88 shares some of this sensitivity, but at least can be shock mounted. The mic also comes with a suite of accessories that help you get the most out of it, and in turn, while it isn’t cheap, it still represents good value. One last thing I"d like to mention: this can be used with a phone case. Works well with the iPad recording I'm doing with acoustic guitars. Got this to record audios of my playing and share with a friend. It is so clean and sounds amazing. I am happy I have it for singing. It’s great to record and make your voice more clear than your phone microphone but I was hoping it would cancel out white noise as well and that’s why I purchased it. When recording in a loud environment, for example, directional recording as narrow as 60 degrees can lock onto a presenter or vlogger’s voice. Get you one when you can!! Learn More. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shure MV88/A iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone at Amazon.com. There is no way to split the audio signal so monitoring is not possible when recording multiple tracks. You don’t even need one of their … After a fair amount of research, YouTube demos and reading reviews, I bought the ShureMV88, despite it being more expensive, even when on sale. Get the best camera deals, reviews, product advice, competitions, unmissable photography news and more! I must have bought and returned at least 4 mic in the price range of $90 to $150. Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer, We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Love my new mic. You do need to download a free app to go with it, but once downloaded the device is essentially plug and play. The sofware also allows for mild to strong limiting and allows for audio frequency adjustments through a built-in equalizer. Otherwise it would be absolutely amazing! I was't sure what to expect, but was kind of appalled by the sensitivity to handling noise. I'm getting onto using this mic with my cell phone a little more every day and I'm liking it better every day. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in.