Manufacturer rebates, terms, conditions, and expiration dates are subject to manufacturers printed forms NYC DCA Lic. This page works best with JavaScript. When I was testing the VP82, I also had the new VP89L set up beside it, and I listened to it just as closely. Professional shotgun microphone for camera-mounted A / V media production applications. We really appreciate that you took the time to read this B&H InDepth hands-on review. Shop By Price. It’s always exciting to see new products introduced to the tiny world of location audio production, especially when they’re made with exceptional quality and offer new solutions to old challenges. This is a fluffy sock that fits over the included foam windscreen, and it’s available in small, medium and long. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shure VP82 Dynamic Microphone, Multipattern at Amazon.com. #0907905; Sec. Deal. In some parts of the world, standard XLR cables don’t fit snugly into a microphone’s connector jack. Hd. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. (2,724 KB), Fixed tube with reduced visual appearance and easy handling (camera- or boom-mounted), Economical choice with small footprint – compact and light-weight, Superior Shure design and rugged, roadworthy construction, Zipper pouch and foam windscreen included, Compatible with VP89/S premium accessories, 1 - 95A2313 Zippered Carrying Bag, 1 - A89SW Foam Windscreen, 1 - 31A1856 5/8” to 3/8” Thread Adapter, 1 - A57F Microphone Clip. One of the drawbacks of using longer shotgun microphones is that they tend to sound thinner and less natural. Length-wise, the VP82 is slightly shorter and lighter than similar products, allowing the microphone to be less obtrusive when mounted on a camera; if mounted on a boompole, it’s less fatiguing during a long shoot. The VP82 is a professional shotgun microphone for use in A / V sound reinforcement. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Shure VP82 Dynamic Microphone, Multipattern, See all details for Shure VP82 Dynamic Microphone, Multipattern, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. You can count the VP89L in this class of microphones. Gives me good sound when recording. © 2020 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. Customer Review: Shure VP82 Dynamic Microphone, Multipattern. You can edit your question or post anyway. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The y adapter is short though, and that little oversight cost the Using a shock mount is mandatory, and there is a range of shock mounts available from Rycote that fit the VP82 perfectly, such as the InVision Video Show Adapter and the INV-7 InVision Indoor Mic Suspension. Detailed policy information regarding customer service numbers, service modifications, and replacement parts. At the same time, the background ambient noise was far less overbearing in the recording than the way it sounded live. The EU / EC DoC is only valid for those products or product variants, which are imported into European Union by Shure. As expected, the VP89L had a more focused pick-up pattern. I wouldn't recommend using the mic in any other situation, as it isn't designed for use on the stage or anywhere else really. Reviews. Filter Accessories By: A89SW. What’s interesting about the VP82 is that it captures low sounds starting at 150 Hz. Serv. They need a mic that captures excellent-quality sound, that’s as compact and lightweight as possible, and most importantly, is affordable. Biggest Black Friday deals: Huge savings on TVs, headphones, Apple Watch, Roku, Fitbit, Chromebooks, more, Buy the PS5 on Black Friday? (210 KB), Download PDF Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Accessories. The mic’s supercardioid/lobar pattern is uniformly wide from 250–2500Hz, then begins to … Check here for restocks at Walmart, Amazon, GameStop and Target, Xbox Series X and PS5 restock coming to Walmart Wednesday at 9 p.m. Yamaha FG700S Solid Top Acoustic Guitar Review,For Sale. Another option for high wind is the A89W-SFT Softie Windshield. Publications User Guides VP82 (English) General Description. I recorded in a room that had a noisy HVAC duct droning away in the ceiling. VP82 is a compact shotgun microphone for camera-mounted A/V media production. Aimed at the professional, Shure continues its tradition of superior quality with the VP89 end-address shotgun condenser microphone. We strive to provide correct information, but are not responsible for inaccuracies. A89SW Rycote replacement foam windscreen. This Website!! Condenser stereo microphone combines 2 condenser cartridges to create a stereo audio image of the sound source. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Onsite Associates Program . What you won’t find on the VP82 is a Low Cut filter switch. It’s common to see equipment made by Shure being used on professional television and film shoots. The dialog that I recorded was clear, and the background bed of air-conditioning noise was suppressed and pleasantly non-distracting. When using a shotgun, you’re often recording either dialog or ambience. Discuss: Shure VP82 - microphone Sign in to comment. Holiday Gift Guide 2020. Customer reviews. Shure VP89 Shotgun Condenser Microphone Review. It’s a really compelling new option for setting up installations and “plant mics.” The A89U simply enables you to squeeze a long shotgun into tighter spaces. This isn’t a problem in the United States (and many other parts of the world), but the installed spacer gasket creates confusion. I tested the VP89L in the same noisy office room that I tested the VP82 in, although I would have preferred to be on the sidelines of an NFL game or in a Central American rain forest listening to the sweet songs of tropical birds (long shotgun microphones are the tools of choice for capturing sounds that are a great distance away). Marshall Stanmore II Speaker System: These go to 11, Sony Clear Image Zoom: The Most Amazing Shooting Mode You Never Heard Of, Things We Love: Domke F-802 Reporter's Satchel, 10 Factors to Consider When Selecting A Monitor for Video Editing, Lightning Activated Shutter Triggers from Ubertronix, © 2000-2020 B & H Foto & Electronics Corp. 420 9th Ave, New York, NY 10001. Ibanez GSR200 4-String Bass (Pearl White) Review,For Sale. (As you read, please note that all of these microphones require external phantom power to operate—there is no battery slot in the module).