Established in 2014. Well I found this gem in Vernon and it's no surprise that it's a direct knock-off of western China...More, Second time here in two years, traveling through again. Pork Stomach with Hot Chili Sauce Lunch Special, L9. The staff was very nice and helpful. Dry-Braised Lamb with Spicy Sauce in Hot Pot, 101. with pickled chili pepper. Dry-Braised Mixed Mushroom with Spicy Sauce in Hot Pot, 116. View Sichuan Pepper menu, Order Chinese food Pick up Online from Sichuan Pepper, Best Chinese in Vernon, CT Pork Stomach with Hot Chili Sauce Combination Plate, Copy of Copy of L9. That sounds troubling. Szechuan peppercorns aren't spicy hot. This place is about 45 minutes from our house, but we'll be making the trip regularly from now on. Standard messaging rates may apply. BTW -- If you can't eat "Chinese" food without soy sauce, please go elsewhere. I have eaten... at Sichuan Pepper twice before. I tried the pancakes first because they were the least appealing and I wanted to get them out of the way. I arrived and paid for my meal. Rein's deli, with their great NYC pastrami and pickles, has signs waving motorists in from miles away. Located at Village Crossing, 10400 Reading Road, Cincinnati, Ohio, the Sichuan Chili® (川味) Chinese Restaurant is proud to serve our local community with authentic Sichuan style Chinese foods. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Keep recent orders and quickly reorder in BeyondMenu mobile app. And the smell.... OH THE SMELL! It was not browned, and the bread crumbs were soggy and oily. It's like putting ketchup on a Prime Rib -- the restaurant isn't going to offer it up cuz you don't need it!! Finely Shredded Potato with Spicy Capsicum, 49. Instead of the dumplings, which I had paid for, I was given sweet potato pancakes with 'sweet filling'. The staff were friendly. The atmosphere, the customers, the staff... everything just screams of old world traditional, hand made goodness. 3.) By providing your phone number, you agree to receive a one-time automated text message with a link to get the app. The spring rolls were ok. (My order confirmation contained the proper information. Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. The entrance is unassuming - the restaurant is in a corner...of a plaza with Rein's Deli - but don't overlook this place. Look here to view our extensive menu! The chicken fried rice had a lot of veggies in it (some places don't add a lot), the eggplant casserole had a pleasantly mild kick but wasn't hot, and the rice balls were the perfect amount of sweet. As soon as you walk into this unassuming little place in a strip mall, you will know that this is not your average stir fried rice joint. The food was excellent and I will return. What are the other four spices? It's like putting ketchup on a Prime Rib -- the restaurant isn't going to offer it up cuz you don't need it!!! Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. All of our seafood options are made fresh and steaks are cooked to your choice. more, Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester. ), Please enter your Delivery Address. And it was not the item I had ordered. the true taste of China. The homemade wontons are phenomenal and the variety of eclectic food items is truly extraordinary. Noodle with Stewed Beef in Soybean Sauce, 44. It was coated with crumbs, and a squashed piece of fruit that might have been a cherry - though not a maraschino cherry because it was not red. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission. I'm only sorry I don't live closer to this fantastic Sichuan Restaurant near Hartford, Connecticut. I warmed the fried rice in my oven. As I noted before, this is not Tokyo or Honolulu or San Francisco. In addition to traditional Sichuan dishes, we also offer new style Sichuan cuisines (新派川菜). Rein's deli, with their great NYC pastrami and pickles, has signs waving motorists in from miles away. Its container had a ¼” layer of oil on the bottom. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant?