The result was nothing less than a wonderful, moist muffin that melts in your mouth. Then I make the recipe and post a picture. Savory Fall Corn Muffins Rating: Unrated 1 Inspired by my Basic Corn Muffins recipe, I used applesauce, Cheddar cheese and fresh sage for a savory fall corn muffin. The recipe I use is very similar(Paula Deen) to this but not calorie friendly at all! Thanks Doug for a wonderful recipe! Great recipe Doug! This skinny makeover uses similar ingredients but reduced or fat-free versions. The others said it tasted mostly like cornbread, needed to be a little sweeter, and didn’t want it again. I had way too many servings. 1. It was the 1st item gone and people were still asking for it:). how many more points would it be? Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. The first time I found it, I think I looked at nearly every recipe, I am hooked. Recipes include nutrition facts and SmartPoints. Basting the muffin tin with melted butter and dusting with cornmeal are an essential step to getting a marvelous crispy exterior to the muffins. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL RECIPES!!!! Thanks! These are perfect for making 3 dozen mini muffins to take to a potluck. Could you please tell me how many eggs it takes to make 1/2 cup egg whites? Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Healthy Corn Muffins Recipe: Whisk together the first 4 ingredients. It is now the default with Print Friendly. The kids loved them and they were moist and sweet. – Rose, "These are delicious! YES!!!! Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners. My grandma used to make something similar to this every thanksgiving (but she was a southern lady, so her version was heart-attack worthy). I don't eat corn bread or corn muffins often (like maybe twice in my life) but given THESE corn bread muffins I may just be enjoying them more often! How would the baking time be adjusted?? Instructions. Please have a look on the Fasting. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. This recipe just messed up one bowl, baked off beautifully (I made them mini muffins) and were a big hit for our cowboy theme Father's Day for Dad. Can I make it the day before and reheat in the oven? My family associates members prefers this dish—even my restless seven year-old. I'll have to scroll through when I have more time: Think it's okay to double recipe to make thicker?! Of about 30 recipes that I have made of yours, I have liked all except 2. Usually I do a small container of lowfat/nonfat sour cream ( I think it's 8 ozs?). Once you master a basic formula, though, you can have fun playing around with flavor variations, as … I immediately set my mind on making a batch of these baked skinny mini corn dog muffins as soon as I gathered the ingredients: 97% fat free Hebrew National hotdogs and a small package (6 muffin size/6.5 ounces) of corn muffin mix. thank you!! I served this with your Blackened Chicken (without the fiesta salad) and it was a great combo since a corn souffle/casserole goes great with any sort of grilled or BBQ foods. In another bowl, combine corn, water, egg substitute and applesauce; mix well. My mom made a Mexican version of this (she just added jalapenos, cheddar cheese & cooked ground beef w cumin) that was out of this world. Very good recipe! I just started Weight Watchers and needed recipes for myself that were "normal" and that I could make for my family. You can reduce or increase sugar or salt, depending on your cornbread preferences. Gina, how many cups of FRESH corn would this be? A nice substitute for the yogurt is Alouette Onion Cheese Dip. Egg Beaters. Thanks for sharing! I'm having a party on Saturday and one of my friends is a big fan of corn pudding. Throw in some green chiles for an added "WOW!". Cant wait to see what you come up with next! Now I know! Going to pin it for a future date since I am not cooking much for Thanksgiving. anyhow, i make a lot of stuff from this site. Now skinny version. Thanks – Kristin. I haven't found anything else similar. Jul 7, 2020 - Explore Sarah Toof's board "Skinnytaste" on Pinterest. it has become a great tool for me in teaching me how to cook, before I found you I was getting tired of throwing away pretty much everything I made, Thank You from my family and I!!!. Thanks Gina! Thank you for posting this recipe. nice to know I can make the same recipe, in a skinny version… God knows I tend to fluctuate 10 pounds during the winter months! not sure what I'm doing Wrong?? Kulule, if you want it firmer, you can use less yogurt. What a great way to lighten it up! Homemade corn muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries, perfect for any breakfast or brunch! Not bad! Can't wait to cook it up! Moist, rich, and heavenly! Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. I used the 9×13 pan and it was delicious! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was delish!! The original full fat recipe has ingredients such as sour cream, butter and 2 entire cups of cheese. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robin Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association. They popped right out of the muffin pan without any resistance. Good question. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You can use any corn muffin mix they sell in the supermarket. This was really delicious! I thought it reheated really well and I’m still eating it, but would need to tweek it to get my family to eat it again. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Corn casserole, a cross between of a corn pudding and a corn bread is a wonderful addition to anyone’s holiday table. Do you think these would work on muffin tins to control portions?? I did add a couple tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melted it in the hot oven before pouring the batter in. Any ways to tone that down? I LOVE and LIVE on your website!! Very cool blog!! . When you're talking about cornbread, you're also talking about a big bowl of chili, and nothing balances that big spoon in one hand like a warm corn muffin in the other. Well it is a nice post and i like it. oil (no canola on hand) and subbed buttermilk for the regualr milk. Oh, I love this one. (yes you can teach old dogs new tricks) I have a question. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This vegan cornbread is made with whole-wheat flour and sweetened with agave syrup. I just want to say, I love all your recipes. I love that these are moist, slightly sweet but not too sweet." The leftovers were equally good with butter and jelly in the morning with a cup of tea. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I love all your recipes and have tried many of them, I will truly be making this for Thanksgiving and cold nights. I made these while talking over the counter the recipe is easy! These were easy, delicious and fun to make. Corn casserole, a cross between of a corn pudding and a corn bread is a wonderful addition to anyone's holiday table.