The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning. God has a bigger plan and I know this is bigger than anything that we loss. We’re not going to let this take too long. We appreciate all the support and love we have received from all around the world. Wyche and Casey Longyear, who is white, opened their boutique in June 2007, just as the economy was tipping into recession. It’s okay to feel multiple things. Back in Richmond, Wyche and Longyear have spent the last few months rethinking their post-pandemic future. A post shared by F R E E MOOK (@mookcool_) on May 31, 2020 at 7:47pm PDT. Businesses across the country have been looted and vandalized amid public outrage over the death of George Floyd, a black man, in police custody. On Saturday night, Chief of Police U. Renee Hall admonished her city on Twitter: “We work together to build a stronger Dallas, a stronger Texas, a stronger United States of America, but it does not happen by tearing up property and hurting people, and it will not be tolerated in the city of Dallas.”. Similar damage befell Deep Ellum, including the looting of collectible footwear store Sneaker Politics. PO Box 203761, Austin, TX 78720. Number of working black business owners falls 40 percent, far more than other groups amid coronavirus. Just before midnight Saturday, Dallas Police reported arresting 89 people and recovering three guns and one stun gun. It doesn’t have to be a world of extremes.”. Had to say bye to our first baby @roundtworva thankful we just barely missed being burned down. There’s no way I can get back to business right now.”. Below are the stores that have experienced looting during the unrest. Praying for better days for all of us and especially for the black community. The same day, Wotherspoon shared images of his first store in Virginia, which was also looted. Almost all of the store’s merchandise was stolen, including dozens of designer sneakers, totaling more than $100,000 in losses. Fila, Puma + More Shoe Brands That Are Donating to Racial Justice Initiatives, Kith's Miami Flagship Is Reopening Tomorrow, Kith May Drop a New Nike Air Force 1 Low Collaboration This Year. The crowd size grew to about 500 as … Some of the prominent storefronts hit by looters include Flight Club, Kith, Concepts and several others. FOOS REALLY LOOTING FLIGHT CLUB RN pic.twitter.com/QZjAJoiCgm, — FOOS GONE WILD (@foosgonewild) May 31, 2020. Mack started his business five years ago, with a couple of kiosks in an outdoor entertainment center. “It’s not hard for me to separate the two: Sometimes you do have to burn s—- down for people to hear you,” he said. Instead, employees swept up glass and worked until 3 a.m. to board up the window. We will bounce back. But economists and business owners say many of those gains could be wiped out by the fresh challenge of civil unrest after the one-two punch of the novel coronavirus and ensuing recession. If you take from me, then how will I be able to give to you? Manager Adelina Martinez told me through a cloth mask, clippers in hand, that she couldn’t consider closing for cleanup: The store depends on every dollar coming in after coronavirus restrictions shut it down for two months. As Wyche stood Sunday inside Rumors Boutique, the consignment shop she co-founded 13 years ago on a stretch of Richmond once known as “Black Wall Street,” she tried to make sense of it all. What happen to George Floyd should have never happen. The store located next to Virginia Commonwealth University lost nearly all of its shoppers overnight, after students returned home. Police estimate 700 nonviolent protesters gathered at 4:30 p.m. in front of Dallas Police Department Headquarters. The shop provided updates throughout the weekend, engaging with its followers. Windows were shattered, and people were running out with handfuls of clothing and shoes. “I’m angry and hurt,” Daniel told the Dallas Morning News. DALLAS – Saturday morning in Dallas’ Deep Ellum neighborhood looked similar to most others: Cyclists and window-shoppers breezed along sidewalks while diners enjoyed brunch at popular cafes. It’s an overwhelming hurdle rooted in an unjust history.”. Late on May 31, local network WCVB captured video of Concepts’ location in Boston on Boylston Street being looted, with dozens of people leaving the store with sneaker boxes and more. Kellen Daniel, who manages Sneaker Politics, an apparel and accessories store in Dallas, is also picking up the pieces of his business. We’re not learning anything. It was devastating. Wyche and Longyear laid off all 40 employees. “It’s just sad that a few people will diminish what the protest is about.”. Rif LA’s last message was a positive one. A college student is currently going viral for ordering at Chipotle during her virtual class. What happen to George Floyd should have never happen. On Friday night, he rushed to the store after a friend texted him to say it had been ransacked. Marshe Wyche arrived at her store as dawn broke, anxious to see what the night’s protests might have brought.