Sorry you felt the need to "trash" the recipe. I have made really good pound cakes before but this one was incredibly silky with a thick and crunchy top crust. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. If you follow the instructions precisely, you won't go wrong with this one! I think the secret to it's success is adding the sugar to the butter to coat the pan. Because at 300 degrees, I wouldn't think the oven was too hot. GREAT flavor ! I didn't change anything, I think the key is to beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until it is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. I was just reading Mary Berry tips. site. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. I should add that before making this cake, based on other reviews I cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. No need to change anything about this recipe. They do this islets ok if it cracks on top. I use fresh blueberries and not the ones in the can. This showstopping dessert is sure to be a favorite among family and friends at any gathering or festivity. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle pan with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside. Follow Tricia Hodges | Hodgepodge's board You ARE an Artist on Pinterest. My husband begs me to make this so he can put his serving of nightly ice cream on top of it! Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended. This is the best cake I have ever made. Fold blue berries into batter. I may or may not have made it again using the recipe I’ve used for a dozen years. I think I will try lowering my rack and see. Toss the blueberries in 2 tablespoons of the flour in a medium bowl and set aside. This traditional cake is extra-rich because of the cream cheese and always in style. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. No need to change anything about this recipe. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/blueberry-pound-cake-with-cake-mix My mother use to hold the title for making the best Cream Cheese Pound Cake in our family....Ha! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This is the most outstanding blueberry cake recipe I have ever made. I had 2 things to my cakes to give it my own special twist and in 4 days made 4 cakes. Add vanilla extract, and beat just until blended. Thanks Kristin! The flavor of the cake itself is sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth. It had been over 5 years since I last made any kind of cake from scratch! For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Offers may be subject to change without notice. The flavor of the cake itself is sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Add vanilla; mix well. Grease a 10 - inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter. and EASY to make ! Use this recipe often. The only problem I have with it is, I wind up eating half of it myself!! Add about 1/4 of flour mixture, followed by 1/4 of buttermilk mixture, mixing just until incorporated. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove cake from pan, and let cool completely. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. It is absolutely a great moist cake also very easy to make. Offers may be subject to change without notice. It means it's a good southern pound cake. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Cake was soooo easy and delicious. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. It can be dressed up with fruit and whip cream but really doesn't need anything extra. This is my go to pound cake.