Simple pastas are one of my fall/winter staples. In a large stainless steel pan, heat onions in olive oil and butter over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. The typical cheeses used in tortellini are romano, ricotta, and parmesan. Using a slotted spoon, remove the tortellini from its cooking water and place into the tomato mixture. :). You should plan on spending a delightful afternoon making pasta – a very long delightful afternoon. I hear you on your concern there and it makes total sense. Cook until spinach has wilted. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. A single photo may be posted elsewhere, provided that full and clear credit is given to Loaves and Dishes with a specific link back to the original content. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook Spinach & Cheese Tortelloni in generously salted boiling water, according to package instructions. Posted on March 1, 2019 Categories Healthy, Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Side Dish, Vegetarian, Home » Recipes » Healthy » Spinach Cheese Tortellini. Fresh pasta cooks really quickly – about half the time of dry pasta. Perhaps because we are adding it to the simmering tomato spinach mix and it continues to simmer as you add the tortellini. Add the tomatoes (juice and all), salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, thyme, oregano, cumin and dried basil and raw sugar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. I love the freshness that a few handfuls of baby spinach adds to this skillet of creamy tortellini. This is a recipe that I created on my own based on my own spaghetti sauce adapted for the cheese tortellini. I'll add a note about that when I am back at a regular computer rather than my phone. If someone in your home is the type to holler “WHERE’S THE MEAT?? Continue to whisk, cooking for 1 minute, then add milk. Boil 6 quarts of water. Spinach is incredibly versatile. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add roughly chopped spinach, fresh chopped basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Leave a review! This is also terrific with some roasted broccoli or cauliflower. If you know how to make your own – bless you! For 7 years I was a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (Ate cheese and eggs along with my veggies – but not seafood, chicken, beef, pork, etc) and learned how to cook many meals like this that are totally satisfying. Prepare tortellini per package instructions. Stir in grated Parmesan and tortellini. Today’s “Meatless Monday” dish is so satisfying that you won’t even notice the missing meat in the Spinach Cheese Tortellini ! Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Add a generous pour of heavy cream and a large sprig of basil and simmer until sauce is reduced. Add the Parmesan Cheese. Gently mix with a wooden spoon being careful not to tear up the tortellini. For the rest of you, go ahead and buy it at the store and you will still have a delicious tortellini dinner. I bet they won’t. But I challenge you – try this on your meat lover and just see if they miss the meat? Is it really okay to do that ? Thank  you so much for visiting, please come again! Receive special news offers and be the first to know about new Giovanni Rana® products and retailers, Spinach & Cheese Tortelloni with Red Peppers, Garlic and Cream, One 20-ounce package Giovanni Rana Spinach & Cheese Tortelloni. Hi Rita. This really looks delicious. Swirl to coat. Heat 6 quarts of water to a gentle boil. When you cook pasta for dinner, there are a lot of different options. I’m drooling just thinking about it. Copying and publishing a recipe in full elsewhere is strictly prohibited. A creamy cheesy pasta with tender pieces of chicken is all well and good, but I really like having a handful of green vegetables with my dinners. You add the spinach right at the end and stir everything together so the leaves get just the right amount of wilted without turning into mush… I have made it with tortellini that is in the box in the pasta section of the store, frozen and fresh. When I do – I’ll share the knowledge! Regarding the tortellini, this recipe will work with any that you can find. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. © 2020 Super Healthy Kids, Inc., all rights reserved. Frozen Pasta: This is fresh pasta has been flash-frozen to lock in the flavor. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Add a pinch of salt. Your email address will not be published. All Rights Reserved. Dry Pasta:  This is the type that is the most available and easiest to find at the grocery store. Hi! While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. :). Amazing. It can be stored for up to a year at your house, making it a convenient food to have on hand. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Sauté until golden in spots, shaking pan to coat peppers with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. ~ Matthew 6: 14 and 15. This tortellini looks delicious, love this Italian comfort food! Cook 2-3 minutes or … Gently mix with a wooden spoon being careful not to tear up the tortellini. Stir occasionally until leaves are wilted. Amazing! Serve immediately, garnished with additional basil leaves. Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil. J. Don’t forget to subscribe to Loaves and Dishes so that I can send you an email notice when the next recipe posts. Cook tortellini according to package directions. My only concern is that the raw flour is added directly into the milk and cream mixture. Serve immediately, garnished with additional basil leaves. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Once the spinach is wilted, in a small bowl, mix flour, milk and cream together and whisk together with a fork or a whisk. Cook tortellini as directed on package. Perhaps I should make that a little more clear in the instructions. They're just so easy and they make you feel instantly comforted. We like to cut our spinach into very small pieces for a recipe like this because: Spinach is a good source of fiber, iron, B vitamins and Vitamin C.  So many good things packed into those little leaves! Add garlic and sauté, stirring, just until beginning to turn golden. I PROMISE to never give (or sell) your email address to anyone else – and I PROMISE not to bug you to death!