Metal is highly preferred. If you are looking for other great desserts you’ll want to check these out: If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Combine flour, baking powder and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/strawberry-cake-with-cake-mix Privacy Policy. Fresh raspberries or fresh blueberries would also be delicious in this cake. Making the perfect strawberry frosting has never been easier! I plan to make this again and revise my comment after I look into why it had such an egg flavor. The only thing I did differently was whip the egg whites and sugar first to stiff peaks and then added the yolks and whipped those in before adding the other ingredients. The towel gets rolled right with the cake to keep the cake from sticking to itself. You will have a nice sponge to the cake. Get Delicious Seasonal Recipes And Chances to Win Great Give-Aways Sent Straight to Your In-Box! recipe Cake Mix Cookies "This is the easiest cookie recipe in the world! Top with 2-1/2 cups strawberries. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. box (15.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix Strawberry, can (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Frosting Vanilla, divided. It is wonderfully sweet and beautiful."-under12parsecs. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Starting with a short end of cake, carefully roll cake. , The flipping part seems so frightening! I've made this recipe numerous times and everytime it turns out great. Tastes wonderful was the first time making a sponge cake that turned out. I may have been momentarily sidetracked, but this strawberry roll cake was still on my mind! Carefully remove whites from mixing bowl and set aside. Remove cake from refrigerator, unwrap and frost the top with half of the second container of frosting. Decorate with colorful sprinkles, strawberry sauce and a fresh sliced strawberry. Thank You!! I can only guess but what could have happened is that it was baked too long or your oven is running hot, it should not get crispy. Dubbed a “magician in the kitchen” for her extraordinary ability of slashing sugar, fat and calories from everyone’s favorite foods, Marlene Koch is a registered dietitian, popular TV personality and best-selling author who delivers good health with great taste with her incredible-tasting healthy recipes and realistic, easty-to-follow nutrition advice. Place seam side down on a platter. In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Then add 2 tbsp corn starch. . Perfect for summer parties! Please keep the easy and yummy recipes coming!! To make a cake roll from cake mix, beat 6 eggs together, and then add 1 box of cake mix, 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to make the batter. Take a look around and find all my recipes, gardening tips, and country living antics. For the filling, in a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of whipped topping with preserves, stir to blend. I always use baking powder because it makes the recipe fool proof. If this doesn’t make me excited about summer, I don’t know what will! Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake. But why are we rolling the cake when it’s warm? Preheat oven to 375 degrees. I sis use a boxed angel food mix though and it was a little thick. Transfer batter to the prepared baking sheet and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Slice strawberries into thin slices. Spread strawberry filling evenly over the surface, leaving a 1/2-inch border on the outer short end. That roll is absolutely perfect too Beauty of a dessert, my friend! I haven’t ever made one (but have wanted to), so I’m encouraged by your success. Cranberry Coconut Cake with Marshmallow Cream Frosting, 14 Blueberry Muffins Worth Getting Up For, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cartons (8 ounces each) spreadable strawberry cream cheese, 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided. Re-roll the filled cake, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes. Wow, this was the first rolled cake you’ve made?! Gently spoon into prepared pan. This had a very good taste. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sift 2 teaspoons powdered sugar evenly onto towel. I enjoy cooking meals and treats for my husband and three teenagers. Use a clean cotton towel. Carefully unroll the cake. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cake is springy to the touch and edges appear dry. Add sugar and vanilla. It’s everything sweet and oh so pink, which obviously makes it perfect for the holiday. In three additions, sift flour mixture into egg mixture, folding to combine after each addition. With mixer running on a medium speed, slowly add 1/2 cup sugar. Spray with baking spray. Gently unroll cake and remove towel. (ends will stay slightly curled). I used a thin flour sack dish towel. Let cool. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Jelly Roll Pan: This heavy aluminum baking pan is perfect for this recipe! Here angel food cake mix simplifies the process while producing a light airy cake that’s skinny yet scrumptious. I bumped the temp down 5 degrees as my oven runs hot but the edges still burned a little. I was very happy with how easily it was to manage and work with when it was cooled; I am hopeful I can figure out the egg mystery. 1 ½ cups light whipped topping, thawed You know what’s funny? Heat oven to 375°F (350° F for dark or nonstick pan). Check out all my delicious dessert recipes! Stir until combined and sift one time to evenly distribute the corn starch. This cake is a sponge cake, a traditional European cake. In a small saucepan reduce the puree by half. Line bottom only of 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with cooking parchment paper. Roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Spread batter evenly over pan. The volume of the mixture should have tripled. It was my first time making roll cake, and it turn out just awesome. Place strawberries on top of cake in a decorative manner. This easy strawberry roll cake is as perfect for Valentine's Day as it is for a summer soiree. Yes! Excellent cake. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Let cool. Whip cream until soft peaks are formed. Beautiful in looks and amazing in flavors. Unroll cooled cake, spread filling over cake, leaving ½ inch border, and top the filling with strawberries. Using the towel and starting at a short end, roll up the cake and towel. large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Spray paper and sides lightly with a non-stick baking spray. And you can always use instant strawberry milkshake flavored (jello)pudding if you don’t feel like doing the cpl extra steps for the filling! Starting with the short end, carefully roll cake (with towel). Preheat the oven to 325°F. Sorry this recipe didn’t work for you, Laura! Bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Divide remaining batter among the 6 muffin cups Add cream cheese and mix until the mixture is whipped, white and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. You do not want to over mix the egg whites when folding them in to the mixture, just until mixed then spread in the pan trying not to over work. recipe Cake Batter Fudge "Excellent fudge! I discovered this recipe a few summers ago and have made it often. Strawberry Roll Cake is filled with fresh Strawberries and whipped cream! Thanks! While making a cake roll may seem challenging, I urge you to give this one a try. Looks amazing! Cinnamon Roll Cake "This is an exceptional cake. Most everyone loves it and it is great with the suggested chocolate syrup. 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced I know it's not for everyone but, I also butterscotch syrup on this too. Pour batter into prepared pan. In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 6 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. This is a classic German strawberry roll (Erdbeerrolle) recipe made with sponge cake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries. strawberry cake, strawberry roll cake, strawberry swiss roll cake, swiss roll cake recipe. + cooling. I’m not going to admit how many slices I ate! Fresh strawberries are the star in this cake! Copyright © 2020 Marlene Koch Read my Disclosure and Privacy Policy. Let cool completely, seam side down. If you like, you can cover the outside with more whipped cream and decorate with extra strawberries.