Spread cooled cake with frosting. I was surprised at how easy and delicious this cake is. Spread the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Just a scant cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice mixed together creates a homemade version of buttermilk. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well combined after each addition. BUT I wanted to really crack the code on strawberry cake without adding artificial flavors! Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove parchment paper. They taste great!. Sooo I made the perfect vanilla cake then added the strawberry jam, a hybrid cake! Mix until. So I actually made it more zippy with more lemon juice, less sugar. It was so good! Here are some ideas for other frostings that would be delicious on this cake: This from-scratch Strawberry Cake is very easy to make with a soft, tender crumb and topped with creamy frosting! MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Finely chop remaining 1/2 cup diced strawberries and stir into vanilla frosting. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Spread Strawberry Frosting on top and sides of cake. Also I used only 1/3 cup of sugar for the frosting. Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 30 minutes, or until the centers are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The cake was delicious but the frosting did have too much lemon juice. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. I use Cool Whip for my frosting and just added more chopped strawberries. There are plenty of other frostings you could use on this cake instead! Used freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh strawberries, whole buttermilk, & regular strawberry gelatin. Prepare the recipe as written. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture in 5 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating on low speed just until blended after each addition. batter. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Has anyone used this recipe using a true to  size sheet pan? Beating the whites separately and folding them in certainly would work and could possibly make the texture slightly lighter. The sheet cake went fast so I'm eating the smash cake leftovers :). From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website. The cake is good cake, but too much lemon juice and did not specify regular jello, not sugarfree. Butter and Oil: I find the combination of these two fats are what gives this the moist texture, but also good flavor. Can I substitute granulated sugar with powdered sugar for the recipe? |. Offers may be subject to change without notice. I will be making this cake again, I am sure! If you use the cream cheese frosting recipe provided, you do need to refrigerate this cake. I liked the cake, but my husband loved it. If I were taking this to an event, I would use the parchment paper method. I used a different frosting, one better suited for decorating.