I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and I don’t overeat, but I’m not afraid of these Taco Bells and McDonalds cheeseburgers. Well this makes a lot of sense! Actually, cow’s milk (an animal protein) depletes the calcium from your bones, is one of the leading causes of food allergies and usually contains GM DNA and added hormones. STOP EATING THERE!!! The reason I say “suspected GMO oils” is because we’ve asked Taco Bell whether they use any GMO ingredients, and they have yet to provide a statement on GMOs. The people that allow this to happen are all the consumers. It’s only going to benefit us. These two dangerous forms of caramel coloring are classified as III and IV, and they contain 4-methylimidazole, a chemical that has been shown to cause cancer. When they started adding fillers to everything I quit eating there. WRONG If not for chemicals, we would not even exist. Vani the foodbabe is right about everything. Those “shells” are called tortillas. Traditional corn tortillas or taco shells are usually made with corn, salt, water, oil and maybe a little lime. Sparingly. They really don’t care about Joe public unless they are exposed, then they care because it costs them money. If you think so, you are foolish. Well I use to work for Taco Bell. Petitions and Food babe’s petitions in general have literally had ingredients removed from foods we buy. So Sad. Meal Plans, Grocery Lists and More, After several conversations with Taco Bell’s Head of Communications, I was able to finally confirm. Get it delivered. So, my question is, soy lecithin and some of these other “dangerous” products are found in some Kashi foods and other supposed health foods that are even often labeled GMO free. Every time I try to flush it out with water I find myself at the toilet every time. 1/2 Ib. Taco bell uses them because it makes their meat sweet. We hand sorted out any little rocks or bad looking beans. … sure there’s plenty of veggies you weirdos can go eat, just cause YOU do not eat certain things doesn’t mean every friggin place should change for YOU, everyone has something they don’t/won’t eat that doesn’t mean we should all go out attacking every company, there would be no restuarants left in this world, grow up seriously if YOU do not like something then don’t go there.PERIOD. Not sure I understand what you are getting at here. I will tell you. Diets high in phosphates are linked to an increased risk of heart disease, bone loss, and leads to a rapid progression of kidney disease. Fillers are used to extend a pound of hamburger into 1.5 to 2 pounds, chemicals are used for bigger yields, bottom line, big business wants every dime they can take from us, no matter how much harm it causes to the environment and our health and our childrens’ future. When I was 19 (which was in 1987) – I worked for Taco Bell. It has many names including hydrated lime, builders’ lime, slack lime, cal, or pickling lime. damn you foodbabe, im hungry and its 1am…i wanted reassurance that my planned meal was safe! GROSS! You are missing the most harmful products which are the milk and beef and making a big deal about the micro ingredients. 10.5" tortilla Red scoop of Beans 2 scoops of Beef Red Sauce Onions Cheddar Cheese. Modified corn starch is a highly processed chemically-altered form of corn starch that is added to processed food as a cheap texturizing agent – and it’s not a natural ingredient that you would use in the kitchen. There has to be some common sense some where out there. Half the time people don’t interpret what they read correctly. Ohmygoodness! Your email address will not be published. often with pesticides that are banned in the U.S., chemical that has been shown to cause cancer, expensive additives that are ineffective without MSG ingredients, injected with harmful hormones prior to slaughter, refused to take steps to label GMO ingredients on their restaurant menus, http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx, http://www.fda.gov/food/ingredientspackaginglabeling/foodadditivesingredients/ucm364184.htm, The Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie That Will Heal You From The Inside Out, The Truth About PB2 & Powdered Peanut Butter. Lecithin is an emulsifier and allows fat and water to “mix” without separating. We called their customer service number, sent website contact forms, emails and Tweets. About the corn tortilla shells, you mention “a little lime” which makes it sound like lime juice from the green citrus. Taco Bell takes this beautiful recipe and wrecks it with TBHQ, and many forms of suspected GMO oils – including one of the worst – cottonseed oil, that is regulated like a textile crop vs. a food crop, meaning it can contain much worse types of toxic pesticides. STUDY. Taco Bell uses “caramel coloring IV” – which means it is the worst kind. Now it just gives me heartburn … I no longer eat there. The reality is that not eating these foods is becoming more and more difficult. Maybe you missed the part where our voices matter. Actually, MY meat, in my restaurant is from local non-GMO sources. I am very suspicious of all the company that puts chemical and other bad stuff in foods and drinks to clothings and personal use, when they do know it is making people sick and death.