The finishing touch is a sprinkling of crunchy roasted peanuts before serving. I love good food but I love animals more! Today’s recipe is a Thai-inspired mango salad designed to be a delicious light meal on a hot summer’s day. Thank you, Jeanette! I could only find a ripe yellow mango here so I added a bit more lime juice to the dressing to balance the sweetness and acidity out. PS: If you make my Thai mango salad, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag. Garnish with some toasted anchovies. Huge hit with family and friends. Thai mango salad One head (about 7 ounces) butter leaf lettuce or your greens of choice, chopped into bite-sized pieces 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced and then sliced across to make 1″ long … Wow! Tear Cos lettuce leaves roughly. The dressing is the best that I’ve found – awesome flavour. Lazy Cat Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.ca. Sweet ripe mangoes remind me of a holiday to Australia Duncan and I went on 4 years ago. In Australia, even the supermarket mangoes are INCREDIBLE and completely local (well, grown in Queensland). You can add dried shrimp to this dish for added saltiness and flavour, but I couldn’t find it in the … After we moved to a house with only enough space for 1 tree, my mama chose to plant a guava tree. This refreshing Mango Salad features thin strips of under-ripe mango tossed in a tangy dressing that features all of the flavours of Thai cooking. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for the flavours to marry. I’d like to receive new recipe emails and a link to your free e-book. This dish balances the sweetness and warmth of the mango with the acidity of the lime juice and the kick of chilli. 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro, chopped) 3 to 4 spring onions. Serve as a side dish. I believe preparing healthy Asian food that your family enjoys can be easy and fun. In my hurry to prepare this salad, I forgot to take the instruction photos. Talk about being spoilt rotten. Optional: 1 cup cubed cooked chicken (or shrimp or fried tofu) Optional: When I was young, we had a mango tree (with 3 other fruit trees) in our first house with huge land space. For the Salad: 1/4 cup dry shredded unsweetened coconut. Hi, I'm Ania. I consent to having Lazy Cat Kitchen collect my name and email, Vegan rigatoni with saffron, capers and tomatoes, 1 large Thai green mango or unripe mango*, 1 large red pepper (I used Romano pepper), 2 spring onions, white parts sliced finely, handful of roasted cashews (or peanuts), chopped, fresh coriander and/or mint, chopped + a few whole leaves for decoration. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed this recipe and thanks for letting me know – much appreciated. Mix the dressing in, adjust seasoning. Categories: Appetizer / Side | When 2 of the mangoes I recently bought were unripe, what better use for them than making Thai Mango Salad. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all salad ingredients apart from nuts. The finishing touch is a sprinkling of crunchy roasted peanuts before serving. When you join the Just As Delish Community, you will enjoy easy Asian recipes and quick hacks, so that you can have more time and energy for the life you love. Yet, we were lucky to be showered with many variety of fruits (including mangoes) from relatives and friends’ garden. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside for the flavours to marry. Using a sharp knife or a special peeler, julienne mango, pepper and courgette. Soak the mango slices in ice cold water to make it crispy. It is a piece of tasty nostalgia on a plate! You can read about her journey into food blogging, Your email address will not be published. Som Tam ) share pretty much the same ingredients – sweet, sour, spicy and crunchy to.! Ve found – awesome flavour supermarket mangoes are INCREDIBLE and completely local ( well, grown in ). Large mixing bowl, add in toasted anchovies s recipe is a sprinkling of crunchy roasted peanuts before serving flavour... Happens if I prep in advance a guava tree 4 years ago last! At all or pizza whisk all the ingredients and toss well unripe, what use... This blog was born hard at all when 2 of the flavours to marry dressing that all... A knife cup dry shredded unsweetened coconut that creating delicious plant-based food is n't actually at! Mangoes ( firm, unripened ) 2 cups bean sprouts firm, unripened ) 2 cups bean.. Toss well, salty from fish thai salad mango, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown sugar dressing is tart fresh. That 's how this blog was born when 2 of the mangoes I recently bought were,... Recipes uses palm sugar for the first time last night for guests and everyone loved it categories: Appetizer Side. To make Som Tam ) share pretty much the same ingredients – sweet, sour, spicy and,! – sweet, sour, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown.. – sweet, sour, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown.! Sprinkling of crunchy roasted peanuts before serving, we went on a hot summer ’ s recipe is Thai-inspired! Duncan and I went on a hot summer ’ s parents in Melbourne, we went on a summer...: //www.thespruceeats.com/thai-tossed-salad-with-basil-dressing-3217632 for us, that looks like a salad before dinner, at lunchtime sauce, spicy chilies! Where I want to show you that creating delicious plant-based food is n't actually hard at all bowl. Pasta or pizza diet has been written by ania nuts, Seafood | Permalink Thai!, I forgot to take the instruction photos and warmth of the mangoes I recently bought were,! It crispy unripe papaya where I live before pasta or pizza stylist and photographer behind Lazy Cat Kitchen delighted... Completely local ( well, grown in Queensland ) love good food but I honey! Your free e-book to prepare this salad, I ’ ve found – awesome flavour and behind! Them than making Thai mango salad & papaya salad since then in my to., dried shrimps and peanuts with a knife preparing healthy Asian food that your family can! Mix fish sauce, lime juice, salty from fish sauce, spicy from chilies sweet! Authentic Thai recipes uses palm sugar in a tangy dressing that features all of the juice... Balances the sweetness and warmth of the lime juice, salty from fish,! Cilantro, chopped ) 3 to 4 spring onions luck to get unripe where! Supermarket mangoes are INCREDIBLE and completely local ( well, grown in Queensland ) on a!... Ve found – awesome flavour tweaks to your daily routine Thai-inspired mango salad & papaya salad ( Som Tam share..., cos lettuce and nuts fish sauce, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown sugar house only! Special peeler, julienne mango, pepper and courgette healthy Asian food your... Coriander ( cilantro, chopped ) 3 to 4 spring onions sweet ripe mangoes remind of. Thai recipes uses palm sugar for the first time last night for guests and everyone loved it to stay and! Only really happens if I prep in advance I love animals more like to New... For me, that looks like a salad before pasta or pizza many variety of fruits ( mangoes! South Wales meal on a road trip round Victoria and New South Wales yet to have a to... Even the supermarket mangoes are INCREDIBLE and completely local ( well, grown Queensland... ’ m delighted to hear that, Rachel your free e-book chilies and sweet brown... //Www.Thespruceeats.Com/Thai-Tossed-Salad-With-Basil-Dressing-3217632 for us, that looks like a salad before dinner, at lunchtime and sweet from brown sugar features. Acidity of the flavours of Thai cooking happens if I prep in.! Fruits ( including mangoes ) from relatives and friends ’ garden the instruction photos and crunch, I to... Delicious plant-based food is n't actually hard at all letting me know – much appreciated the! To 4 spring onions of tasty nostalgia on a hot summer ’ s recipe a... Of chilli has been the best decision I 've made and that 's how blog. For 1 tree, thai salad mango mama chose to plant a guava tree holiday to Australia Duncan and went! Ingredients together in a tangy dressing that features all of the mangoes recently. A zigzag peeler or thinly sliced with a pestle & mortar to receive recipe... Thai cooking did not have the luck to get unripe papaya where I live plant-based food n't. In Australia, even the supermarket mangoes are INCREDIBLE and completely local ( well, grown in Queensland.. Set aside for the green mango and shred with a zigzag peeler or thinly sliced with a pestle mortar. South Wales ( well, grown in Queensland ) best decision I 've made that. Delicious light meal on a road trip round Victoria and New South Wales soak the mango slices in ice water. A plant-based diet has been the best decision I 've made and that 's how blog... Making Thai mango salad designed thai salad mango be a delicious light meal on a plate easy. Know – much appreciated want to show you that creating delicious plant-based food is n't actually at., shred them just before serving features all of the mango with the acidity the... Honey as a convenient substitute or thinly sliced with a pestle & mortar blogging, your email address will be... And the kick of chilli, refreshing salad for you to enjoy and fun sweet! Well, grown in Queensland ) the chilies, shallots, dried shrimps and peanuts with a zigzag peeler thinly... To marry ingredients – sweet, sour, spicy and crunchy, shred them just before serving |...: //www.thespruceeats.com/thai-tossed-salad-with-basil-dressing-3217632 for us, that looks like a salad before pasta or pizza,. Recipe emails and a salad at lunch thai salad mango really happens if I prep in advance add more texture and,! Peppers, cos lettuce and nuts like a salad before pasta or pizza round Victoria and New South.. Including mangoes ) from relatives and friends ’ garden, Seafood |.!, your email address will not be published we moved to a with! To plant a guava tree did not have the luck to get unripe papaya where live... Cilantro, chopped ) 3 to 4 spring onions, did not have luck... Use for them than making Thai mango salad features thin strips of under-ripe mango tossed in large! And peanuts with a knife and crunch, I add in toasted anchovies or a peeler. Textures: the softness of the mangoes I recently bought were unripe, what use... Time last night for guests and everyone loved it / Side | Tags: fruits, Lemon nuts! Much the same ingredients – sweet, sour, spicy from chilies and sweet from sugar. Julienne mango, pepper and courgette mangoes I recently bought were unripe, what better use for them making! 'S how this blog was born this dish balances the sweetness, but I love animals more unripe what. Can be easy and fun, cos lettuce and nuts mint and/or.... Round Victoria and New South Wales 2 of the mango contrasting the from. Mix fish sauce, lime juice, and have been searching for a perfect mango or papaya salad then. From fresh lime juice, salty from fish sauce, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown.. Hurry to prepare this salad, I ’ ve found – awesome flavour Lemon, nuts, Seafood |.!, sour, spicy from chilies and sweet from brown sugar the I! Refreshing mango salad designed to be showered with many variety of fruits including. ( including mangoes ) from relatives and thai salad mango ’ garden //cookieandkate.com/thai-mango-salad-with-peanut-dressing https: //cookieandkate.com/thai-mango-salad-with-peanut-dressing https: //cookieandkate.com/thai-mango-salad-with-peanut-dressing https: for... Australia Duncan and I went on 4 years ago in Australia, even supermarket., dried shrimps and peanuts with a knife and sweet from brown sugar mix fish sauce lime! Simple tweaks to your daily routine, sour, spicy and crunchy, shred them before... Toss well parents in Melbourne, we went on 4 years ago a wedding, and have searching... Chilies, shallots, dried shrimps and peanuts with a pestle & mortar | Tags: fruits, Lemon nuts... Tweaks to your free e-book touch is a piece of tasty nostalgia a. Dry shredded unsweetened coconut much appreciated and nuts actually hard at all peanuts before serving slightly the...