Album Rating: 4.5For Miles is my favorite here. Many 2000s screamo vocalists have long lost the ability to unleash their signature howls, but Kensrue’s screams were only ever-so-slightly tamer than the originals. Required fields are marked *. Holy Fawn was like Beethoven’s style of playing quietly that crescendoed to the extreme. Album Rating: 4.5Even if "Between The End And Where We Lie" is one of my favourites on the record, you did an awesome job with the review. This and Major/Minor are their best work imo. No mentioning of Stand and Feel Your Worth saddened me but whatevs, everything's good on this. The band shone just as brightly in their less bombastic moments, with guitarist Teppei Teranishi’s piano intro to “For Miles” just one particularly impressive example. Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on June 21, 2014. The back of the stage was lit with hanging incandescent light bulbs creating an underground speakeasy vibe. Packaging was excellent, was delivered safely and timely. REVELATION, Album Rating: 4.5 | Sound OffLove the album. Some of the tracks here are phenomenal, and others just don't do anything for me these days. The album was still heavy hardcore but they turned up the experimental notch ten times what their previous albums had produced. It is an ever moving album full of different vibes and energies. Legit pressing. Vheissu (pronounced "vee-sue")[1] is the fourth studio album by American rock band Thrice. This lack of distraction just made it easier to marvel at the unbelievable musicianship on display; the four-piece nailed the record’s every note, and their precision came with no loss of firepower. There's a problem loading this menu right now. After forging an unlikely alliance between thrash metal, screamo, and pop-punk on their first three albums, Thrice reinvented themselves on Vheissu as cerebral, introspective art-rockers. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Redefined. I pretty much love every song on this album aside from that one. Love it, and love the clear vinyl! Album Rating: 4.5So we've learned that everyone holds different tracks in different regards. I like the black vinyl over the colored ones that looks like bootlegs. Every sound the band made seemed to move throughout his body like a ventriloquist doll. Reviewed in the United States on January 4, 2014. The lights complimented each song like a lime compliments a taco. Thrice: Vheissu 15 Year Anniversary Tour. But you overrated the effect and relevance of climaxes IMO, it isn't really necessary for a good song. I absolutely love this album. Your email address will not be published. Their songs, upbeat and catchy, had the biggest audience impact of all the openers, getting the crowd to cheer “one more song” hoping for an encore from the non-headliner. 15 years ago, Thrice released one of their most ambitious and misunderstood albums, Vheissu. Reviewed in the United States on January 8, 2018.
Thrice Setlist The Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA, USA 2020, Vheissu 15th Anniversary Tour The embossing and gold-flake detail is impossible to catch in a photo. Pos'd. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It's all good stuff, especially Come All You Weary and Broken Lungs. Drug Church seemed the product of a much simpler genre fusion: What if a melodic punk band had a hardcore frontman? A relatively mild December night in Kansas City found me slightly out of my element, as the usual death/doom metal was set aside in … I've been listening to the CD non-stop for the past week and that's the only song that I don't like. Thrice ended the set with a song off Major/Minor, “Words in the Water.” The gentle stir of the drum and light vocals began the song before heavy guitar rhythms filled in on this passionate ballad type song. Kensrue led the band with his rich, soft, and deep vocals, showing off his true range in contrasting songs like “Image of the Invisible” and “Red Sky.”. This is truly an impressive display. just remembered how fucking awesome this is, Bands: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Concert Reviews Concert Review and Photos: THRICE and CIRCA SURVIVE at the Uptown Theater – Kansas City. Kensrue didn’t address the crowd again until Vheissu was complete, while the lighting kept the band member’s faces mostly cloaked in shadow. “I don’t need you to jump or mosh. Album Rating: 4.5I've surprisingly yet to get Beggars. ha. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement. Album Rating: 4.5Lol Illusion of Safety is even less my style than Artist was. It gets stale it gets boring and in little time they become forgotten. The juggernaught songs are easily Of … Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Beyond impressed, total package and service, Reviewed in the United States on August 20, 2017. Your email address will not be published. Thrice w/ mewithoutyou, Drug Church and Holy Fawn Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA 01.25.20 15 years ago, Thrice released one of their most ambitious and misunderstood albums, Vheissu. The night began with the familiar sound of a morse cord radio as they opened up with the song “Image of the Invisible.” The crowd screaming back “We are the image of the invisible!” between lead singer Dustin Kensrue’s singing. 15 years ago, Thrice released one of their most ambitious and misunderstood albums, Vheissu. I've heard it's a step down from M/M or Vheissu. It's worth your time, and twice the money. This is slightly ridiculous and contrived, as no one ever celebrates the 15th anniversary of anything, but that doesn’t change the fact that this record was an achievement well worth looking back on fondly. Though all of the little flourishes on Vheissu, from the Morse code to the music box, were present and accounted for, what really shone through in the live setting was the rousing, everyone-shout-the-chorus-together quality of so much of the album. Tour: Album Rating: 4.5That's actually my least favourite track off this record, perhaps it's a grower? Its a great song. For me the top three goes Vheissu, Beggars then Major/Minor. The night began with a long list of opening bands including fan-favorite mewithoutyou after Holy Fowl, and Drug Church. It started with soft and gentle melodies that burst suddenly loud and heavy. I'm not a huge fan of the production on M/M, it's very claustrophobic and lacking in panning. Good review, though. I was too tired to read the whole thing. The themes of self-worth, empowerment, sacrifice, humility, and love are prevalent throughout the album. Start typing to see results or hit ESC to close. This is my 3rd time buying Vheissu it's so good. Album Rating: 4.5More reviews to come in this onslaught of semi-pointless critical writing.