That's a very simplistic way of comparing oils. The only Mobil One oil that meets FCA's specs is the Super synthetic which is at the bottom of the totem pole as far as Mobil one oil goes. This great information and as I suspected some opinions may be subjective. My 1st oilchange I'll let the dealer do. Honestly, as long as you're changing your oil regularly and not putting Autozone branded oil in, it doesn't matter that much. Oil pan is currently filled with Pennzoil Plat - just for sh_ts & giggles. Some blame needs to be placed on GM when timing chains fail, something that should last the life of the vehicle. Pure Plus Technology is our patented, revolutionary gas-to-liquid process which converts natural gas into a bas oil with lower friction, better low temperature properties and greater stability than conventional motor oil made from crude. My research made it seem like M1 just didn't keep up with the latest tech going into the new lubricants. I do a lot of uphill driving which falls under hard driving. I plan on keeping this for 7K miles, I will update my review then, or if anything goes wrong. Great oil for an excellent value. It actually saves money since you don't change oil as often. Mobil 1 5W-30 meets or exceeds the requirements of the industry's toughest standards and outperforms our conventional oils. Please be advised that the operator of this site accepts advertising compensation from certain companies that appear on the site, and such compensation impacts the location and order in which the companies (and/or their products) are presented, and in some cases may also impact the scoring that is assigned to them. Also according to the measurements above, 5W30 Mobil 1 is not just better than that other oil, it is better than any other oil tested (174 total). The results were rather good. We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Oil is like religion. Mobil1 vs. Penzoil Platinum vs. Goo. Mobil 1 is good stuff but it does often show high iron when an oil analysis is done and it appears not to handle short trips as well as Penzoil. More info, Copyright © 2020 www.bestadvisor.com. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more. The information which appears on this site is subject to change at any time. I've used Mobil 1, Penzoil Platinum, and Motomaster Formula 1. Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 5 quart High Mileage Motor Oil, Chrysler MS-6395, Ford WSS-M2C930-A, Ford WSS-M2C945-A, Ford WSS-M2C929-A, Ford WSS-M2C946-A, Ford WSS-M2C947-A, GM 6094M, GM 4718M (Corvette and Cadillac), General Motors Service Fill dexos1™ Gen 2 (license number D10104GH015), Honda/Acura HTO-06, General Motors 4718M, General Motors 6094M, Conditions Seals on older engines and helps reduce leaks and oil consumption, Keeps pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standards, Provides faster low temperature oil flow and protects in extreme heat, Advanced full synthetic formula, Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability, Excellent low-temperature capabilities, Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40 Diesel Engine Oil, Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic CJ-4/SM, Castrol EDGE 0W-30 (06244) Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, Royal Purple 5W-30 High Performance Street Motor Synthetic Oil, Valvoline 0W-20 Full Synthetic High Mileage with MaxLife Technology, Mobil 1 0W-20 (120758) Advanced Full Synthetic, Motul 300V Power Racing 5W-30 By Jm Auto Racing, Liqui Moly Synthoil Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 Advanced full synthetic formula, Motul 8100 X-cess 5W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil, Mobil 1 0W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W-30 Passenger Car Motor Oil, Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Olio 100% Sintetic Pure Plus, Castrol EDGE 5W-40 (06249) Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. If you don't perform DIY oil changes, Pennzoil full synthetics are probably the way to go. Stays clean. I use both regularly and find they are both excellent products. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I personally buy whatever is on sale. We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models. Oil stays clean and allows longer interval between oil changes. The Pennzoil Ultra Platinum has a better motor oil to severe driving conditions while the Mobil 1 does not severe it. Flashpoint is the temperature that an oil gives off vapors that can be ignited. Granted it was a bad batch of chains, but felt it should have done better anyway. I started to detect significant burn rates with the cheapo Motomaster, so I've switched back to the name brands. I'm just not interested in Amsoil really but other people in other threads may be. It is what I ordered. I won't speculate too much but that additive didn't help all of the 2011's, 12's, and now 13 Hemi's that had catastrophic lifter failures. I have a new corvette. This is the only oil I use for my 2004 tacoma and it still runs well. It is a factory fill at Porsche, AMG, and Corvette. I have some sitting on the shelf ready for my first oil change. The only thing I noticed is that the cam chain made a little noise on start-up for maybe a second or two, it still does this but it is less noticeable and for a shorter duration, the motor also idles a little quieter. According to these measurements, Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic (basic Mobil 1) has a film strength of 117,799 psi whereas Pennzoil Platinum's fim strength is only 99,949 psi. So anyone who wants proof amsoil is better there it is. Agreed. 2017 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4 (White) - 5.7 Hemi with 392's and Anti-spin. From what I understand, they test film strength by squeezing two metal ball bearings with oil in between and record when metal-o-metal contact is made (current passes through). This is for a 5,000 mile oil change interval. I also always use Motorcraft oil filters since new. That convinced me about 8 years ago to switch. 2nd Generation Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, 2nd Gen Chevrolet Colorado Forum / 2015 GMC Canyon, dexos1 Motor Oil...Required | Hendon Publishing, https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/, http://www.fuelly.com/car/gmc/canyon/2017/sigforty/546314, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I wouldn't call the results scientific. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Oils like Amsoil are probably even better, but they're expensive and typically unavailable at service garages. Wife's: 2014 TorRed Dodge Charger SXT Plus, replaced 2008 Enclave CXL

Newest toy: 2015 F150 Lariat Supercrew FX4 3.5 Ecoboost

Daily driver: 2012 4LT Grand Sport Corvette Centennial edition convertible. Which one of the two is best? I am pleased this oil eliminated that problem! The Mobil 1 will flow like it's a summer day and the 'dino' oil will flow like cold molasses. For most purposes both are fine. '11 CXL1 AWD, white diamond, navi, sunroof, NE emissions. Either is overkill for 5k. A little research and you will find this is quality oil and superior to most on the shelves. My 2008 has well over 130,000 miles on it, and quite a few oil changes. 2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating.