So far we have put it on meatballs subs, schwarma chicken (also from TJ’s) and another Chinese dish. Even though you are adding oil, you aren’t actually adding any hydration in therefore they retain most of their crunchy nature. With this copycat recipe, I’ve got you covered. So glad you loved it. Read More…. But not as good as Lao Gan Ma! Because oil just isn’t water. The second bowl of pasta (the next evening), I got a bit braver and had a heaping teaspoon with my pasta. Plus, I hated reading on social media of how far people were searching for these little jars. Just had this yesterday! With handful of pantry items you too can make this at home and tailor it to your liking. Now, we have a new seasoning that is oil based but seems like the partial contents of a spice cabinet have been emptied into it: Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch. Take care to not touch the edges of the jar. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you aren’t using it right away, then allow it to cool to room temperature and place a lid. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hey Alek! • Privacy Policy • Disclaimer, Food Blogger Pro Review: How They Helped Me Grow, Start a Food Blog from Budgets of Zero to One Thousand Dollars, https://www.traderjoes.com/contact-us/product-feedback, Good enhancement of flavor with the added textural element, Spice junkies might be disappointed in this, It probably needs a bit more salt to really amp the flavor up. I love onions and garlic so it is worth a try. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this! Thanks again for stopping by and sharing! Yes, you could get some of these off of Amazon, but they do offer really good coupons and deals. Food Blogger Pro Review: How They Helped Me Grow, Start a Food Blog from Budgets of Zero to One Thousand Dollars, Copycat Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch Recipe. Would I purchase this again? No not yet. I love eating, but I don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. This is a pretty flexible spice mix. Sounds a bit like lao gan ma chili crisp, but less good! Delicious meals don’t have to take all day! I love this stuff, just mixed some in hummus and also stirred some into my ramen. But here are the items you’ll need to make this recipe (again these are NOT affiliate links) exactly the way I made it: I can’t tell you how many times it’s been easier to reach for the dehydrated item, than fresh. Thanks so much for stopping by! Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. Well all of the spices here are dehydrated. Why? If you live close to a store its an amazing place to go to sniff everything and experience it for yourself. Of course, at Trader Joe’s, the spice that always goes with everything is value, so we’re proud to say that Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch works well with that, too: we’re selling six-ounce jars for $3.99, every day. The last creations Trader Joe’s introduced were the Umami Mushroom Seasoning and the Everything but the Bagel seasoning. Hey Kristina! So you need dehydrated spices. Have you tried Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch? You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest to see what I’m up to. Thanks so much Jo! I have not had the opportunity to try this product yet. This could be used as part of a marinade, mixed in with a more bland sauce, mixed with butter to make a rich and tasty compound butter, are just the start of ideas. Yes, there are crushed chili peppers in this, but they just give a bit of warmth more than anything else. That stuff is AMAZING and anyone interested in trying this should just stop by an Asian grocer. That’s why you’ll only find super easy recipes here. I love hearing from you! Thank you!! I think its an outstanding product. Did you get a chance to find this one yet? I’ve got you covered. Before following, please give yourself a name for others to see. But the intriguing part here isn’t the name. This product is super versatile and I’ve used it on so many things – scrambled eggs, omelettes, stir fries, burgers…I’ve even made a dip by mixing it with a little mayonnaise. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing! If you are on a reduced sodium diet, feel free to omit or adjust the salt as you see fit. https://www.copymethat.com/r/KOclVho/copycat-trader-joes-chili-onion-crunch/, This recipe will have you doing a double take to compare it to what is sold in stores. Here is the visual run down of what you get if you buy this product: The jar of Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch: The nutritional information and the ingredients: Want to see more items I’ve reviewed from Trader Joe’s? Some people are more sensitive to garlic than others too. It'd drive everyone in my family crazy. Trader Joe's Organic Carrots of Many Colors, Jolly Rancher Fruit Roll-Ups: These Fruit Snacks are 33-Year-old Lady Approved, Review: Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies Cereal, Good & Gather Italian-Style Smoked Chicken Sausage. I’ll try it because TJ’s Chili Onion is so good. Add it to your favorite meal for an instant punch of flavor and mild spice. 21 Comments. Please share your favorite items and recipes! Hey Khutch! this may be better! Trader Joe's Turmeric Ginger Coconut Beverage, Trader Joe's Coffee Lover's Espresso Beans. Chicken, pork, beef, tofu, pasta, vegetables, pasta, bread all come to mind. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Chili Onion Crunch (using our favorite Trader Joe’s products of course! Add the … Another great way to utilize this sauce is in any of the Asian inspired frozen meals from Trader Joe’s. Hey Susie! I can’t to try making your TJs copy cat recipe! The ones who would know are Trader Joe’s and it would be worthwhile asking them. In a clean and dry jar add the following dehydrated spices: onion, toasted onion, and salt. So if you are afraid of the heat, then use just a little of this and you’ll get flavor and crunch.