3.) LLC - You may find Conversant’s privacy policy. (You could use any fun topping. Can’t wait to taste it tonight! 1 box yellow cake mix (such as Betty Crocker Super Moist), plus the ingredients called for on package instructions, 1 cup coarsely chopped buttermint candies, Back to Vanilla Buttermint Poke Cake with Buttercream Frosting. One the creamer has absorbed and the cake is chilled top with whip cream and toffee bits. Stir and wait for the butter and golden syrup to melt. 5.) These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Prep Time 1 hr. Vanilla Caramel Poke Cake is a soft and fluffy cake with holes poked throughout that is then smothered in a homemade condensed milk caramel and topped with cream cheese icing. What’s that you say? And you know what else? Öl, Mehl, Backpulver, Kakao und lösliches Kakaopulver unterrühren. Frost the cooled cake with the buttercream and drizzle some of the remaining salted caramel sauce on top. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Here it is nice and handy. One vanilla cake mix, eggs, cooking oil, butter, shortening for icing (or more butter), sugar, powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla, butter flavoring, milk, heavy cream and salt. Place the butter and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. After the cake has cooled, poke holes with a wooden spoon handle and pour 1 cup of French Vanilla Coffee-mate. You may find Sovrn’s privacy policy, GumGum. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. You’ll think of something! Prep Time 1 hr Cook Time 30 mins Brown sugar can be substituted for the golden syrup in the caramel as well if that is easier for you to get your hands on. Poor you! I’d love to hear about the rave reviews you get when you take it to the next family gathering! I love how the chosen topping – in this case its caramel filling – seeps into the cake making it gooey as well as soft and fluffy. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. ®/™©2020 Yummly. I wanted this cake to be super vanilla-y (is that a word?) I borrowed some from my daughter because I didn’t want to buy any!! You may find MediaGrid’s privacy policy, RevContent - You may find RevContent’s privacy policy, Centro, Inc. - You may find Centro’s privacy policy, 33Across, Inc. - You may find 33Across’s privacy policy, Conversant. For this recipe I used my go-to Molina vanilla and Watkins butter flavoring, 1/2 teaspoon each. It's everything you love texture-wise about a poke cake, but it's also delightfully soft and minty with a gorgeous pure white color pallete. A vanilla caramel poke cake. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Today I’ve gone the complete opposite of chocolate and gone for vanilla . Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 6 tablespoons milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition. Thanks so much! Prepare cake according to package instructions for a 9x13-inch cake. You want big craters to soak up all the yummy sauce! Start with the white cake mix. I just happen to love toffee.). MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Sounds truly delicious and meant for special occasions. Complete this poke cake off with a salted caramel drizzle and you're done. MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area. You may find OpenX’s privacy policy, Verizon Media formerly known as Oath. One nice thing about a making a poke cake is that they freeze quite well. Whisk in the peppermint extract. You can leave it out and still have great frosting!! Have you ever thought about using your coffee creamer for something other than coffee? FYI this cake was totally amazing! We LOVEDit! Vanilla Caramel Poke Cake is a soft and fluffy cake with holes poked throughout that is then smothered in a homemade condensed milk caramel and topped with cream cheese icing. It turns out that coffee creamer is delicious in a poke cake, especially French Vanilla! Baker, recipe developer, movie maker, entrepreneur and lover of all things chocolate. I wasn’t sure, because I couldn’t find golden syrup anywhere locally and I didn’t have time to order it online, and to convert all the measurements (grams to tablespoons etc) was a bit daunting. You have caramel sauce left over? A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to me :). 125,034 suggested recipes. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Seems like an exorbitant amount. I love poke cakes. I say you can never have too much of a good thing so sprinkle the caramel-drizzled buttercream with about 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped salted peanuts. Bake a vanilla cake mix according to the package directions for a 9″ x 13″ pan. Combine the pudding mix with the confectioners' sugar and gradually stir in the milk. I felt the cream cheese icing gave a tang and created a nice balance to all the sweet caramel. Although I like regular vanilla, for this cake I used French Vanilla for it’s sweet marshmallow flavor with slight butter-cream character. These cookies do not store any personal information. (I won’t tell if you lick the beaters!) After the cake has cooled, poke holes with a wooden spoon handle and pour 1 cup of French Vanilla Coffee-mate. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. Cook Time 30 mins. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. You’re right, there is no brown sugar in the caramel filling. The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. A while back we enjoyed dinner with my husband’s sweet Aunt Marvel at a very fancy country club. Most layer cakes only call for 3 Cups of powdered sugar to frost all the layers and the outside. Immediately pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate; whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Are you looking for a recipe that uses a blender? Our daughter Karen is an amazing cake decorator, a talent she did not get from me. If you haven’t tried a poke cake before, this one is definitely a great place to start. You can find the salted caramel sauce recipe by clicking on this link in the post! If desired, beat in remaining 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. That’s how you allow the sides of the cake to rise and make the top nice and level. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. 2 In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, 1/4 cup whiskey and the … Wahhh!! I subbed karo light corn syrup and it was totally amazing!