I love the vegan cheese alternative, just wish the starting point was something more accessible. Whoop! Let us know if you try it! Have already forwarded this recipe to my fellow vegetarians and vegans! We used our own 50/50 cashew/tofu blend in the ricotta recipe, but otherwise followed the recipe. Perfect for afternoon snacking or game day! Vegetable Fritters (vegan, gluten free) - These fritters make a great appetizer or meal. ????? whew! It’s extremely low calorie if you use tofu for the ricotta, which is great for me as I’m trying to lose some weight. How much cheese do you need to make the substitution? Thank you for this recipe! I’m certain any kind of nut would do the job just as well, especially considering the cost of macadamia nuts. Should I cut by hand? I also added a large clove of garlic. I also add some dairy cheese to the top for some gooeyness. I also added shredded vegan cheese in the mix. Holy Cow Vegan uses a tart pan for an elegant, professional presentation. The flavors were good but when I served a piece it felt like I had mostly cheese, and I would prefer heavier on the zucchini and sauce. You are looking for a well-puréed mixture/paste. Thank you:), So glad you enjoyed it, Christelle! I recently made this recipe for my whole family and they absolutely loved it. Whoop! I had to use more than 1/2 a cup of water, but the consistency was great. What the heck does “seam side down” mean? Are there any entrees on your blog that don’t have those things? I can’t wait to make this as a freezer meal for when our baby is to arrive! I added jovial brown rice lasagna noodles to mine :), Had a really odd texture as the finely cut zucchini ended up looking and tasting like pickles and the ratio of pesto seemed way too much with just zucchini pickles as the “noodle” component of the dish. What might I be doing wrong? Thank you :). This dense and savoury slice is served chilled, making it an awesome summer snack for entertaining. I sweat the zucs that I cut by a knife. Sprinkle on vegan parmesan cheese (optional), and then cover with foil. :O. Will make a big difference. I didn’t have all the ingredients so I had to improvise. Made half the pan with plain red sauce and half with the “meat” sauce. Perhaps like many of you, we were under the impression that lasagna originated in Italy. My only comment was that it ended up not holding together very well but it all ends up that way in the stomach and I will probably cook it longer next time. I used tofu to save money but will splurge on the macadamia nuts next time so that it’s soy free too. Did not miss the pasta at all! Thanks for the awesome review! Thanks for sharing, Katie! Let us know and we’ll do our best to help you out! . Healthy, 8-ingredient lasagna made with zucchini noodles, organic red sauce, and macadamia nut ricotta "cheese"! I see that a few people have commented on the wateriness of the dish. This was SOOOO delicious! Tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #lovingitvegan. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until just lightly golden and cracked on top. Used raw cashews and added egg-free lasagna noodles. It is my first time ever making vegan cheese and I am really impressed. Also, I wish I would have used the full 28 oz. Make this quiche on the weekend and heat it up before work for a taste of midweek luxury. The first time I made all zucchini layers but second time I did a combo of zucchini and regular lasagne sheets. I’m making your pumpkin bread as I write this:). I made this as is except my pasta sauce (Amy’s tomato basil) had only about 25 ounces in the jar but it turned out to be perfect. ​Full Recipe available at ​onegreenplanet.org. I think next time I’ll throw in some mushrooms and spinach in the layers for a little extra something. We made this! If you know it is made with macadamia, it is hard to ignore the taste of them. Tasted just like ricotta, no exaggeration. Use ctrl+f or ⌘+f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! I made it in the morning with my daughter and then we heated it up later. Thanks for sharing your changes, Carleigh! I have made it three times. I also made many and frozen (with the August zucchini haul). These recipes work in all brands of pie maker including Kmart, Breville, Kogan and Sunbeam pie makers. But Dana, I need your help. Is that possible? I made this last night and seriously my boyfriend almost ate the entire thing he LOVED it. I was going to make this recipe, but I was confused on what kind of tofu to use. Oh, I also sprinkled in a bit of vegan mozerella on top and on the cheese layers. The only change I made was adding a couple layers (over then cheese layer) of super finely chopped spinach dusted with garlic powder. Thank you so much Dana!!! It is now a staple in my dinners!! Let me start with saying I’ve subscribed and will follow you on Facebook and IG. The vegan Parmesan cheese was also very delightful and I enjoyed sprinkling gobs of extra on my dish. My meat-eating fiancé couldn’t stop talking about how good it was! I've made this twice, and although I absolutely love the flavour, I can't get it to rise at all. What a lovely site… All I need when we are fasting… Excellent recipes, well elaborated… Bravo from Greece <3. Also, the zucchini does release some moisture when baking, so that’s normal. I tried making your Nutella with hazelnuts and my blender had a difficult time blending them up. We have a couple vegan kids and they were to thrilled to taste that “cheesy ricotta” filling. Thank you for this! Thanks so much for the lovely review, Jessica. I did add vegan sausage and made it with the tofu. Cut off any excess dough hanging over the sides of the dish with a scissors.