Privacy Terms of Use CA Supply Chain Act, 4 slices dense European-style rye bread (cut in half if it’s too thick), 2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Water, flaked. October 3, 2020 By Elissa Hirsh 11 Comments. The statement is that sardines are great for those avoiding dairy, and the recipe author offers an option to use olive oil in place. Research has shown that this diet reduces the risk of heart disease. (Leave out about 1 tablespoon almonds). The Board of Directors This sounds amazing! https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/47126/how-to-eat-canned-sardines Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Set aside. It’s great on radishes. I’ve never tried to freeze it, but butter freezes well. Garnish with parsley (optional) and serve with crackers, veggies, or on lettuce leaves/radicchioFor potlucks, I make a double batch. Let chill. PGlmcmFtZSB3aWR0aD0iMTAwJSIgaGVpZ2h0PSIxMDAlIiBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tL2VtYmVkL0RRaUZfOXR4elNNP3JlbD0wJmF1dG9wbGF5PTEiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBhbGxvdz0iYWNjZWxlcm9tZXRlcjsgZW5jcnlwdGVkLW1lZGlhOyBneXJvc2NvcGU7IHBpY3R1cmUtaW4tcGljdHVyZSIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==, The mission and logo of the Weston A. This pâté tastes scrummy with a dollop on a thin slice of toaste Butter IS dairy. Read the guide on any device, online and off. I have made this and taken to my book club -> the women said “this is better than Zabar’s!” which is a famous deli in NYC. This Sardine Pâté recipe is based on a real one that I sometimes make. and Join Our Global Community. Price Foundation extends heartfelt sympathy to all patients, health care workers and those adversely affected economically by public health measures. In the current outbreak of respiratory illness, the Weston A. 1. Blitze in food processor. The article states this recipe is great ”especially for those avoiding dairy”. Vote for your favorite tuna recipe in our Best of the Sea Recipe Challenge! – Squeeze of lemon I’ve heard that is great as well. Lacto-Fermented Green Tomatoes with Marigolds and Garlic, Pork Belly Spread with Apples and Fermented Green Tomatoes, Earn Money for WAPF with Every Internet Search or Amazon Purchase, ½ C (1 stick) butter, softened and cut into large cubes [We recommend organic raw or cultured butter from pastured cows], 2 (3 ½ ounce) cans sardines/anchovies (no BPA) in salt water or olive oil, drained [We recommend these, 1 large organic shallot, minced (about 3 TBS) or onion will do, 1 green organic onion, minced (about 2 TBS), 1 TBS organic lemon juice (freshly squeezed, about ½ small lemon), Optional garnish, more parsley, minced or sprigs. Learn how your comment data is processed. The nutrient-dense Wise Traditions diet can provide important protection against illness and can support recovery and healing. Drain the sardines and place them in a bowl with the lemon rind and lemon juice and mash with a … Total Carbohydrate My husband is a huge fan of sardines and I have trouble with fish of any kind. SHARE: This pâté transforms a humble “emergency food” of last resort into a creamy bliss that will win over skeptics. Because this sardine pâté is packed with so much goodness, and because it’s very long lasting and tastes delicious, I’m going to give it 5 stars.LickiMat DisclaimerThese recipes are not a daily balanced diet. The Weston A. You will get 7 Easy Lessons about the Wise Traditions Diet. For this recipe I recommend using Lickimat Buddy or Lickimat Soother. Have you added smoked cod livers to this? You can drop it into soups. Mash and mix together, until mixture forms a paste. If you have another LickiMat, load that too and stick in the freezer for later. Elissa came to the Weston A. My human version is made from canned sardines blended with cream cheese, a bit of chopped parsley, seasoning and a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with lettuce, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, and red onion. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Also, add almonds, slowly, so as to measure consistency. Load the LickiMat with about 2 heap tablespoons and smooth over. 1 green organic onion, minced (about 2 TBS) 2 TBS organic parsley, any kind, minced. . Will it freeze ok? To use on Lickimat Soother, make a runnier version by adding some water or milk until it is the same consistency as pouring cream. It’s one of my “go-to” items for potlucks because it includes the benefits from the bones and skin of the fish, as well as butter (and extra virgin olive oil if you choose), and needs no cooking. Just dump and whiz. The Mediterranean diet is also associated with a reduced incidence of cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.You don’t need to hunt out fresh sardines, as the canned version is still packed with loads of goodness. I have made this and taken to my book club -> the women said “this is better than Zabar’s!” which is a famous deli in NYC. Put mixture in heat-proof dish and heat in micorwave or oven until dip is bubbling, at 375ºF for about 7-10 minutes. Nice and smelly, vegetable-free and sticks in the Lickimat wonderfully. Original recipe courtesy of Fannetastic Food. PRINT: Copyright © 2020 Chicken of the Sea. Keep in fridge for up to about 3 days, or freeze for later.