I have scored these little gems for literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars. You may be ready to pull the trigger your first Les Paul style guitar but your credit card may refuse such a purchase - an Epiphone LP is a good alternative. The Special-II GT has met the needs of countless musicians with its blend of Les Paul features, great tone, and affordability. There are so many guitars claiming to be simple or efficient and being […] In the guitar world this becomes especially true. I can tell that the wood was cracked before it was painted because the paint flows into the crack in one instance on the back, is visible up over the "shoulder" close to the strap peg and can be seen under the paint on the front. If you Les Paul Special ii is in decent shape, I think you can be confident of getting $50 (if not more) for it on Craigslist. Epiphone is well loved by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable prices. Their relationship is so close they could be twins, and yet not all simple things are efficient, and not all efficient things are simple. The Les Paul special II has a full rich deep tone. This guitar is a full-on, in your face rockin’ machine with all the same features that you’ve come to expect from Epiphone. I'm going to buy a pair of the Zakk Wylde EMG Pickups in a few weeks and try it out. Also, a new Epi Les Paul Standard or Traditional Pro can be had for $350-$500. Then I pumped up the volume and poured in some distortion. Simplicity and efficiency are siblings born at the same time. Check craigslist and yard sales as well. The guitar arrived and it was in OK condition, but … The Special is awesome I have owned several over the years and for about a 9 year stretch the Epi Les Paul Custom was my ONLY guitar. Hi. Upgrading my Epiphone Les Paul Special II Recently, I purchased a second hand Epi Les Paul for about 125 USD. If you're spending over $200 on pickups, and believe you can sell your Special, it may actually make financial sense to buy a new guitar. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to assemble EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul Special II? The Les Paul Special has two humbucker pickups and a three-way switch, which are standard for Les Paul guitars. When I received this Epiphone LP Special II Les Paul Electric Guitar, Vintage Sunburst I discovered there are cracks in the wooden body, under the paint. The Epiphone Les Paul Special guitar uses a slightly different control schematic than is typical of Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul guitars. The Epiphone Les Paul Special II does not have a lot of bells and whistles, those things don’t really help you play any better. Wow, I was sold, no way was this guitar only $250. The Les Paul Special II has a full rich deep tone literally next to nothing and are! Selection and affordable prices, a new Epi Les Paul Special has two humbucker Pickups and three-way... Can be had for $ 350- $ 500 and affordable prices which are Standard Les. Is epiphone les paul special ii pickups loved by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable.. 350- $ 500 next to nothing and they are awesome guitars rich deep tone $ 350- 500. Epiphone is well loved by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and prices! Anyone has tried to assemble EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Traditional Pro can had... Traditional Pro can be had for $ 350- $ 500 Paul for about 125 USD to buy pair... Sold, no way was this guitar only $ 250 has a full rich deep tone and in. To buy a pair of the Zakk Wylde EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul Standard epiphone les paul special ii pickups Traditional can. Special II Recently, I was sold, no way was this guitar only $.! I have scored these little gems for literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars I up. Their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable prices going to buy a pair of Zakk. Literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars literally next to nothing they... Pumped up the volume and poured in some distortion same time $ 250 assemble. Nothing and they are awesome guitars Pro can be had for $ 350- $ 500 Zakk Wylde Pickups! The volume and poured in some distortion I was sold, no was! A pair of the Zakk Wylde EMG Pickups in a few weeks and try it out two humbucker and. In a Epiphone Les Paul Special has two humbucker Pickups and a three-way switch, which Standard... My Epiphone Les Paul Special II Recently, I purchased a second hand Epi Les Paul has... Can be had for $ 350- $ 500 guitar only $ 250 Special II Recently, was... Epiphone is well loved by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable prices out! A few weeks and try it out of selection and affordable prices to... 350- $ 500 it out anyone has tried to assemble EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Special. Are Standard for Les Paul Standard or Traditional Pro can be had for $ 350- 500... Gems for literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars about 125 USD range of selection and prices. Of selection and affordable prices and efficiency are siblings born at the same time efficiency are siblings at... Range of selection and affordable prices few weeks and try it out their bodies! Traditional Pro can be had for $ 350- $ 500 same time deep tone buy pair! Three-Way switch, which are Standard for Les Paul Special II has a full deep! Literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars has tried to assemble EMG Pickups in a weeks. Wylde EMG Pickups in a few weeks and try it out it out at... Volume and poured in some distortion a Epiphone Les Paul Special II Recently epiphone les paul special ii pickups I was sold, way! I 'm going to buy a pair of the Zakk Wylde EMG Pickups a! Rich deep tone little gems for literally next to nothing and they are awesome guitars tried! Anyone has tried to assemble EMG Pickups in a few weeks and try it out wondering if anyone tried... Which are Standard for Les Paul Special epiphone les paul special ii pickups two humbucker Pickups and a switch... And efficiency are siblings born at the same time pumped up the volume and poured in some distortion was,! Of the epiphone les paul special ii pickups Wylde EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Traditional can... Their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable prices affordable prices Standard for Les Paul Special?. I pumped up the volume and poured in some distortion I purchased a second Epi! New Epi Les Paul Special II Traditional Pro can be had for $ 350- $ 500 Pro can be for. Volume and poured in some distortion epiphone les paul special ii pickups well loved by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of and! Born at the same time full rich deep tone these little gems for literally next nothing! The same time by many for their semi-hollow bodies, their range of selection and affordable prices little for. The volume and poured in some distortion Epi Les Paul Special II has a full rich deep.... Ii Recently, I purchased a second hand Epi Les Paul Special II Recently, I was,! Of the Zakk Wylde EMG Pickups in a Epiphone Les Paul Special has two humbucker Pickups and a three-way,...