enema, prunes, exercise, high fibre diet, nothing works. Asked 13 Sep 2016 by Kelliepruitt Updated 2 February 2019 Topics constipation, enema. It was so painful. Go get checked. Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. But to answer your question, yes.. Keep in mind too, that blood is high in protein. Also -is the patient elderly? I have personally experienced this first-hand. i agree with the previous poster about getting social services involved... it sounds like she might not be the best choice to be her sisters caregiver. Our members represent more than 60 professional nursing specialties. Available for Android and iOS devices. Enemas aren't working either. So, I did some more googling and searching around, and what I ended up doing, was taking a qtip coated beyond belief in vaseline and once she started making faces like she was trying to take care of business, knowing that nothing was going to happen. She has tried more laxatives and they are not working at all now. (waist down) to whom we gave enemas on a regular basis. The pt's voids have been off since Thursday. now what do i do??? Subscribe to Drugs.com newsletters for the latest medication news, new drug approvals, alerts and updates. Hello, a very close friend I feel is in trouble and I wondered if you could tell me what she needs to do. She's been on miralax forever and it does nothing. have seen a dietician. The box says see a doctor if it doesn''t work. Don't they usually get neomycin and/or Lactulose for this? She does care but I am concerned about her giving another enema after I gave one with no results. The bags are typically sold as part of an enema … Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question. You didn't say how long it has been since you had your last good bowel movement or if you had any problems leading up to this point. Since 1997, allnurses is trusted by nurses around the globe. Once we got the "plug" out, we adjusted his diet and, then go back to the pedi. enema didn't work. I took 3oz then 4oz and nothing? maybe all of that with some prune juice or pear juice etc will loosen her up. Get weekly updates on baby and your body. If that doesn't work, get a good surgical glove, put it on your hand, lub it up real good, and dig it out. I'll attempt this when DH gets home and can hold her down. She can't talk, the stroke left her paralysed on the R side. I've tried 2 enemas and they don't work, whT should I do? been feeling so weak and dying :(Dr. Anthony Fritz answered. Today, she will get 6 Tbs 3 @ 9AM and 3 @ 1PM. The MD ordered prevacid for 3 wks and then prn. Okay she is going to the ER tomorrow and her dr. said they would do an X Ray....do you think they will let her leave without helping her move her bowels or figure out what's going on? This is why the patient should be taking the Prevacid as ordered by the MD. Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. It worked... not sure if this is recommended for at home but I may try it. The enemas they give at the hospital never fail. Thanks! Used an enema for constipation and it didn't work. editied: I see she gets Lactulose-oh my poor lady, by Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles. I hope it doesn't get that far with your LO. will miralax (polyethylene glycol) work for constipation from pain meds? I thought of bringing her to the ER but my insurance stinks. Didn't find the answer you were looking for? While new Rx meds like Amitiza and Linzess are indicated for IBS with constipation, you require a prescription. Enema bags . She said she was going to give her a "water enema". When I was in 3rd trimester with DD2 I got so backed up that I got so swollen in the perineal area that I couldn't go pee either. Has 16 years experience. enemas -have to take them weekly or nothing happens they work but bowels never feel empty. Specializes in Gyn Onc, OB, L&D, HH/Hospice/Palliative. no laxatives work for me other than enema and stimulant. “Elegant Ecology”, Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMO, Best OTC Solutions to Your Digestive Problems. Has 10 years experience. Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. Is it safe to give a 4 month old an enema? This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. i've done 3. it didn't work. I gave her 3 Tbs Lactulose at 1PM. so I am hoping they will not let her leave until the figure it out. It was so painful. It can definitely turn into an emergency. The only way an enema will work is if there is something in her bowels, so it is quite possible to give one and have it not work if there was nothing in there. i've been constipated for a while.. i've tried fleets & salina enema and nothing works so i tried miralax (polyethylene glycol) and it mad me sick .. help what should i do. It's been 6 days since last b.m. Data sources include IBM Watson Micromedex (updated 2 Nov 2020), Cerner Multum™ (updated 2 Nov 2020), ASHP (updated 23 Oct 2020) and others. Hello, a very close friend I feel is in trouble and I wondered if you could tell me what she needs to do. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. Today, I Will Kill Myself! Magnesium Citrate - How long does it usually take after taking 10 ounces of citrate. She stated that I should have told her sooner that the enema didn't work!!! I told her no. We gave a pedialax one for the 1st time a little over an hour ago. I have NEVER been accused of not following an order!! She has been using laxatives for most of her life, she is elderly and she is not in good health. We did get MD approval to administer another after 45 min. Enema bags are similar to hot water bottles that you might use to warm your tootsies on a cold night. I disagree with this. Sis decided that pt didn't need the med so didn't get the script filled. Try gylcerin rectal suppositorie ... any effective and instant solution for constipation? 0. urgent care 3 times. In the HH setting, we have to go with our instincts. I'm just curious as to what this patient's MD wants re her bm's... as opposed to her sister's wishes. I have had a hemiplegic pt. I carefully and gently used the qtip as an aide. It was so painful. It's a condition in which the bowel has become lazy and it's not going to respond the the usual methods of trying to 'force' it to 'go.'.