Last year, around this month, I was totally confused on what clothes should I bring for a 12-day travel in Turkey. Men don't need to cover their heads.As it is now winter it is unlikely you'll be wearing anything like shorts anyway so your normal trousers and jacket are fine.Remember to take off your shoes before entering. Apparently, the 20 kg baggage allowance in budget airlines isn't that bad when you know how and what to pack! And since we're flying on a budget airline, I had to squeeze everything that I wanted to wear … ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-31273051', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Istanbul is full of surprises! Turkish men almost never wear tank tops on the street. In fact, it is uncommon to see women wearing full burqa in the Fethiye region, although colourful head scarves are quite popular. How about you? But then (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? It's what we do. It was the first time that we're heading out for an Autumn Holiday. If you are wondering what would be the T urkey tourist dress code – as we said before everything that is casual and smart. Anywhere to buy islamic clothing in Istanbul? What's in your packing list? How many days? is a common requirement when visiting any religious site around the world. It is not a type of clothing, but I opted to include it here as I forgot to bring one! While you won't likely see the locals in tube tops, gangsta pants or short shorts, there is no requirement for anyone to be fully covered. Oleg, that is only when entering a mosque and only for women. For men, no shorts in mosques (but in March that is not going to be an issue!). The first, and most important thing you need to pack are a pair of good walking shoes that are well broken-in. Actually, the veil is outlawed in Turkey (but the law is little enforced), and even the wearing of headscarves in secular contexts (universities, government offices, etc.) Capris, tops of all kinds, skirts of all lengths (not in religious sites though), in fact anything goes. While you won't likely see the locals in tube tops, gangsta pants or short shorts, there is no requirement for anyone to be fully covered. Any grocery delivery service for Metro Supermarket? is controversial, though the trend is to allow the headscarf everywhere. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-31266452', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Istanbul. The first, and most important thing you need to pack are a pair of good walking shoes that are well broken-in. Wear medium length skirt or pants, blouse to the elbows, cover your head with a scarf.. For Istanbul and the other cities, you can wear anything. Did you know that "Arkadaslik" is Turkish for "friendship"? An Excellent Trip report on Istanbul with pictures, Wonderful and Practical Tips For Our Visitors, Answers to Questions About Traveling with Kids to Istanbul, Excellent Trip Report and Practical Tips and Info on Istanbul by Yositako, The current status (as of Sept. 2018) of restorations for historical attractions. It's also useful during mosque visits, just place the scarf over your head! In Turkey, women dress modestly – what we call “smart casual”. Hamam in Istanbul which is not touristy and locals go. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I would take clothing that you can layer so if the day becomes warmer you can remove part of it. Just don't forget to apply sunscreen! In need of cute Thanksgiving outfit inspiration for 2020? Scammed by a taxi driver - is there anything I can do? Most mosques lend scarves and long, slip-on skirts to women who are not sufficiently covered. The answer is basically 'whatever you like' but cover your head, shoulders and legs when in a mosque (have a scarf with you). It is the perfect layering item. At the mosque, it is important to be quiet and respect the people praying. In terms of appropriate attire I have no idea where you live, but I generally pack the clothing I normally wear in my town in the US. Respect in the Mosque is always appreciated in Turkey. It will be chilly in the mornings and evenings - and while you may have some lovely spring days, it is unlikely to be that warm. What are the Turkish visa requirements for Pakistani citizens? Top: 3 Blouses / 4 Long sleeves / 2 Knitted Sweaters, Outerwear: 1 Thick Cardigan / 1 Leather Jacket, Bottom: 3 Jeans / 1 Thermal leggings / 1 Skirt. (Dressing respectfully (meaning minimal cleavage, and no visible butt crack or bum cheeks for men or women!) How to get from Sabiha Gokcen airport to Sultanahmet (old city)? Otherwise pretty much anything goes, just be respectful. Make sure you have waterproof jacket and shoes - just in case. Having said that, don’t walk up the street wearing just your bikini, like I’ve seen some women do. Is it Ok to Wear a Bikini in Turkey?