As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases. You know… because of that whole pandemic thing. So if you make any purchases it will help this site. There are a handful of games that were a bit pricey a year ago, but have gone full-blown Conkers in 2020. The value of Def Jam has been rising for years, and the pandemic set the price on fire. While fans have always appreciated the impressive graphics and gameplay of Predator – Concrete Jungle, it started rising dramatically in value in 2020. So we felt that we should charge.”. Def Jam: Fight for New York is a cult classic that didn’t sell particularly well when it was released. I don’t know about you, but I definitely won’t repeat the collecting mistakes I made over the previous console generations. For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. Yes, but console prices rise much more slowly than rare games. They are getting expensive. If there isn’t much demand, they could lower the price to make it more accessible, but for now Sony seems to think that it is justified – do you guys agree? With PS2 games getting expensive super quick, any article would be outdated within a few weeks. And yes, these are affiliate links. It’s no wonder collectors are trying to get their hands on this and give it another look. Appropriately, Silent Hill 2 had plenty of copies made and seems to be rising less sharply. And it takes some time for our staff and QA and licensing and everything to bring back these games. You can check eBay for current pricing. Will we continue to see PS2 games go up in value? Go ahead and have a look. And if they do, it isn’t much. If you aren’t already collecting PS2 games, it may be too late. Perhaps the Five Nights at Freddy’s generation is starting to look back on the older horror games they missed out on. Quite a few, actually. 1,248 it's almost double of what you pay for a PS2 game on disc, most of which retail at Rs. Def Jam offered something really unique for the PS2, rather than another MK or SF clone. Even though more “units” of games were being sold, online digital sales took a big bite out of the number of physical copies that were actually manufactured. If Pricecharting is to be trusted (and granted, I’m putting an awful lot of faith in them,) it certainly looks like PS3 games have been slowing their decline for years and are ready to start their journey back upward. Was this genre less popular back in the PS2 days? © Copyright Red Pixels Ventures Limited 2020. For current prices, check out. But I did put together a list of still-cheap SNES games that still seems to stand up alright, as well as a Ghetto Guide to Collecting Retro Games to help you navigate the always-increasing price of this hobby. They ranged from $9.99 to $14.99 which is admittedly rather pricey for games that old. You know… just like us retro gamers. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel. The high price makes this one really popular for fakers. The disc readers (the laser gun or whatever. If there are any games you were thinking about picking up, but haven’t yet, this might be your last chance. There are licensing and quality assurance costs to include as well. Are those changes worth the price? If like us, you found Sony's pricing to replay classics like Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Rogue Galaxy to be expensive, then you'd be interested in knowing the company has come out to explain why its prices are on the steep side. series was a huge draw for Playstation. 832 and Rs. Rule of Rose: The Extremely Expensive PS2 Game is NOT Worth … So we felt that we should charge." inside the console seem particularly susceptible to aging and failing. Whatever the case, the results are unarguable. Lots of ps3 games are mere peanuts nowadays perfect time to collect. Even though so many survival horror games were released on the PlayStation 2, this one is still one of the rarest and most expensive. He also owns this site, so you'd better just chill. With PS2 games costing between Rs. Even the Wii is getting crazy. Almost definitely. You may not even want to know how expensive that one is. This is just a small handful of games that are going nuts under quarantine. Appropriately, Silent Hill 2 had plenty of copies made and seems to be rising less sharply. If you want to see how much the games have actually sold for, turn on the filter for Show Only > Sold Items. And not all games will be available digitally either. Hmmm…. Or maybe that part’s just an excuse? Related: The 10 Oldest Video Game Characters. Disc-based systems are far more likely to break down, too. Have a look at these eBay listings. But like most collectibles, Playstation 2 prices will still slowly continue to rise. Prices change pretty much daily. The team drew inspiration from the classic Brothers Grimm fairy tales for the narrative, and the Silent Hill series for graphics and ar… Recently though, Silent Hill 3 has more than doubled since January 2020 and was selling for around $150 USD on eBay in July 2020. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, said on a recent podcast that emulation technology necessary to make such endeavours possible as well as features like Trophy support and the ability to stream PS2 games as you would for PS4 titles isn't cheap. Dave Thach, senior director of software development at PlayStation Worldwide Studios in Santa Monica, tweeted on Thursday saying the company was all ears for suggestions on what games should be made compatible for the PS4, something Yoshida reiterated on the podcast. But I’m definitely kicking myself for not getting it a few years ago. Steven is a professional marketing writer, author, and hopelessly ghetto gamer. You can, As for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories? It’s still rising, so you’ll have to, For a complete copy of Predator – Concrete Jungle, you’re looking at close to $90 or $100 in July 2020. This article has focused on PS2, but it is far from being the only retro console that whose games are increasing in price. Don’t believe me? So it’s no wonder retro gamers are scrambling to collect PS2 games in 2020, when so many bored gamers are quarantined at home. If you think I’m right, leave a comment or find me on Twitter. And it takes some time for our staff and QA and licensing and everything to bring back these games. If you haven’t already got your copy, it may be too late to get it at a fair price. "So we can provide that. If my data and assumptions bear out, that mean Playstation 3 games are at their lowest average prices right now. For current prices, check out this eBay link to see recently sold copies. If you haven’t already got your copy, it may be too late to get it at a fair price. We suppose if you think it’s a rip-off, you don’t have to buy it, but then again Sony will have to gauge the demand for the games. As previously discussed, it seems that each generation of gamer gets older, starts making money, stops partying, has kids, and starts revisiting their gaming past. If you’re thinking about starting to collect Playstation 3 games, you’ll definitely want to keep that in mind. But with demand rising, the price has spiked from about $60 in January 2020, to about double that in July. PS4 vs. Xbox One - Which Console Does Backwards Compatibility Better? demand for Playstation 2 games, to the point of abject ridiculousness in some cases. Not necessarily in that order. The bad news is that the PS2 games listed did not come cheap. So it takes us time and cost. According to Pricecharting.com, the price for MVC2 is still rising sharply every day. Skullcandy Spoke True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Earphones, Samsung Galaxy A12, Galaxy A02s Launched With 5,000mAh Battery, Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G Official Render Surfaces Ahead of Launch, Redmi Smartwatch With Square Dial Launching on Thursday, Poco Separating from Xiaomi to Become an Independent Global Brand, Vivo V20 Pro ‘Coming Soon’ to India, December 2 Arrival Tipped, Black Friday 2020 Sales: How to Shop from India, Motorola Nio Tipped to Come With Snapdragon 865 SoC, Triple Rear Cameras, Vivo V20 Pro Pre-Orders Tipped to Include Cashback Offers, Xiaomi Likely to Announce Mi 11 at Qualcomm Snapdragon Tech Summit 2020, BSNL Launches Rs.