Learn how you can keep your key fob working from the comfort of your home. My 2013 Dodge Journey has a key fob not detected. require a costly replacement. car key and remote control isolated image by Nikolay Okhitin from, Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, Superpages: When Your Keyless Entry Doesn't Work. frustrated! This article applies to the Mercedes-Benz C-Class w204 (2007-2014). Auto-steer didn't work during a particularly heavy rain storm (which was for the best), but other than that, the drive was great. Create new posts and participate in discussions. There are five common reasons why your car door lock is not working. CarGurus has 2,022 nationwide Journey listings starting at $2,500. Some were advising on opening the bonnet and disconnecting the battery of the car to reset the keyless entry system but I didn't want to go that far with it. In 1-2 seconds, press the remote's lock button five times in a row while holding the unlock button. Replace the battery if the signal isn't detected. Why has my car key fob stopped working? You may see a blinking red light when you press a button. I have no explanation, but I spent $25 and they fixed me up. When it comes to hardware devices, we have to be honest and say the key fob ranks pretty high on the list for being the most convenient one out there (automotive or otherwise). Car key remotes are key features in modern vehicles. Insert the key and turn it to the "ON" position, then press and release the lock button on the key. This prevents anyone with the same make and model from walking up and using their fob to unlock your car. Anonymously report someone driving without a license, Cheap car insurance for young new drivers, How early can I get my licence back after driving ban, Policy holder, registered keeper and legal owner of vehicle. There's nothing quite as annoying as that alarm going off for no reason. While it may seem far-fetched to think of your fob as needing regular maintenance, your key fob is not something to overlook because when it fails it can stop you from being able to enter your vehicle at all, let alone start the engine. Have two fobs, one hasn't worked for a while...now the other just suddenly stopped. Symptoms of a Bad or Failing EGR Control Solenoid. So none of those are the issue. Get into your GM vehicle and close the door. instead of the fob to start it and unlocking - alarm goes off every time. You have a broken wire: If the lock isn’t getting power, hold the lock switch either up or down, and then open and close the door repeatedly to see if the lock will work. Asked by swift1953 Feb 21, 2015 at 05:25 PM about the 2010 Dodge Journey. Replacing it may require removing the car door panel. Taking the time to read through the points listed out above will help you properly diagnose the reason why your car key is not working. You rely on your key fob to unlock your car's doors as well as to get it started. I had to change the battery back in September, and it worked off and on for about a month then it went out complete... My dodge Stopped cranking in even in neutral. Even if a key fob was previously programmed and functioning properly, additional maintenance may be needed. If it works sometimes, you probably have a broken wire. Got bank loan in my name for car but ex husband has now sold it, where do I stand? If your locks aren’t working, replacing the battery in the key fob could solve the issue. That saved me quite a bit of money because if a replacement remote doesn't work, it means a trip to the garage. Why Won't My Car Start? Perhaps, the engine does not crank at all. Find out what is causing this in your Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Turn the engine of your car on to end the programming process and test your key fob. They elevate convenience for today’s drivers. My 2013 Dodge Journey has a key fob not detected. This article applies to the Mercedes-Benz C-Class w204 ... Why is My Key Fob Not Working? Ask Your Own UK Car Question . Tiffany Raiford has several years of experience writing freelance. Journey key fobs on notorious for the Locking Familiarize yourself with the most common problems, and be ready to get your engine running again. Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Our mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Fleet maintenance with certified mobile mechanics, Door does not lock or open Inspection Cost, The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. This article applies to the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and E-Class AMG (2002-2009). So jmuru_98058090. It should work now. Used fob in start/stop and tried to reprogram. If your locks aren’t working, replacing the battery in the key fob could solve the issue. spilled on it will harm them. I have to use the replacement KEY Ex-wife has damaged and vandalised my car on purpose, is there anything I can do? I tried many times, and nothing. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) What Causes a Car Door to Give You an Electric Shock After Driving? The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Door does not lock or open Inspection. She drives much less than I do. If neither of your key fobs unlocks or starts the car, there's a good chance that the issue is the car's battery. Press the valet's disarm button, which is located between the stereo and CD control buttons on the instrument panel. Have two fobs, one hasn't worked for a while...now the other just suddenly stopped. I encourage people to practice MAM (Movement/Arts/Meditation) for a well-balanced and happy life. © coming from the hood.